My pick in Rookie draft

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Bobe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

My pick in Rookie draft

Postby Bobe » Wed May 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi. I'm up in my 14 team (we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te) rookie draft with the 1.08. So far Ball, Bernard, Lacy, Bell, Austin, Hopkins and Franklin have been taken.

I'm leaning towards taking either Lattimore or Zac Tracy.

Which RB should I take with this pick?

Any input would be appreciated.
14 team (12 keeper), no ppr
QB-Brees,Newton
RB-D.Murray,Ivory,T.West,K.Carey
WR-D.Bryant,J.Nelson,A.Brown,C.Patterson,C.Latimer
TE-Kelce

KRT
Role Player
Role Player

Re: My pick in Rookie draft

Postby KRT » Wed May 01, 2013 12:22 pm

I would personally say Lattimore but with the RB's you have you might want to go Stacy because he may have a clearer path to starting.
Back to Back Defending Champion
12 team PPR Dynasty League/Super Flex Standard Scoring/ 26 max roster/ 75years/260,000cap QB/2RB/3WR/TE/SF/Flex/Def
Moving to TE Premium in 2022

QB-
RB- , D. Evans 3yrs/1k, L. Perine 3yrs/1k, Ballage 3yrs/1k
WR- C. Lamb 4yrs/10k, DJ Moore 2yrs/10k, Slayton 2yrs/1k, Lazard 3yrs/11k, Reagor 3yrs/5k
TE- Kittle 3yrs/43k
DEF-

TS-

2021 1.06, 1.07, 2.08, 2.09, 3.03
166,000 in Cap Space

derekwillet
Captain
Captain

Postby derekwillet » Wed May 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Patterson is still available? I think you pass on RB and get him.

I know you have a need at RB, but I'm a big believer in always taking BPA unless the options are fairly close. Patterson is better than the RB options you have available.

Personally, I'd trade Brees for a RB and keep Newton with Flacco as a backup.
Follow me on twitter - @dereksdaycare

Bobe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bobe » Wed May 01, 2013 12:36 pm

ascicles wrote:Personally, I'd trade Brees for a RB and keep Newton with Flacco as a backup.
That's the plan, but so far I've had no takers on Brees. Team in my league seen to love their RB's
QB-Brees,Newton
TE-Kelce

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed May 01, 2013 12:43 pm

ascicles wrote:Patterson is still available? I think you pass on RB and get him.

I know you have a need at RB, but I'm a big believer in always taking BPA unless the options are fairly close. Patterson is better than the RB options you have available.

Personally, I'd trade Brees for a RB and keep Newton with Flacco as a backup.
Have you tried to trade back? Someone should be salivating over Patterson.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Bobe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bobe » Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Jules wrote:Have you tried to trade back? Someone should be salivating over Patterson.
Nobdy is willing to rade up for a WR in my league unfortunately. Who would you take between the two RB's?
QB-Brees,Newton
TE-Kelce

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Wed May 01, 2013 1:07 pm

Draft Patterson, worry about RB later. Drafting Lattimore or Stacy is a mistake.

edit: And I'll even add to this - you're in a 12 player keeper, not a dynasty league. Keeping only 12 players makes Lattimore borderline useless to you, because he's likely not to show anything this year anyway and thus not be worth keeping next year. You need an instant impact rookie, and Patterson gives you the best chance of that. Stacy is simply not in the same league as Patterson as far as prospects are concerned. Huge, huge mistake reaching for a RB in a 12 player keeper league when a guy that can possibly provide instant value is on the board.

Bobe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bobe » Wed May 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:Keeping only 12 players makes Lattimore borderline useless to you, because he's likely not to show anything this year anyway and thus not be worth keeping next year.
I understand your logic, but Turner and (possibly) Dwyer will not be players I consider keeping next year. I think my current WR's are solid for the next few years and can find WR to start during the year if needed.
QB-Brees,Newton
TE-Kelce

g_man3333
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby g_man3333 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Stacy and Lattimore are both huge reaches at 8. Considering Patterson and Hunter are still there. I personally prefer Hunter, but Patterson is a nice pick at 8 as well. Stacy and Lattimore should be going mid second, but if your dead set on taking one. Id take Lattimore and hope he is a freak of nature and comes back. But even if he does, he still has Gore there, who looked great last year. They have not given up on Hunter whom is coming back from injury. From what I have heard they want to get Lamichael more involved, he's not an every down back, but i dont think 5-10 touches a week are out of the question. With all those negatives and Lattimore's injury history, its hard to believe he makes an impact until year 3. Year 2 if your lucky. As far as Stacy goes, he is just not that special, sure he went to a decent situation. But Richardson looked alright and I think that some are forgeting Pead is coming back fully healthy and they did not draft him in the 2nd round for new reason at all. Stacy is still number 3 on the depth chart and has an uphill battle against two backs, whom I think are more tallented. You could take atleast 5 different WR and it would be a better pick then one of those guys.
Team 1- SFSD Dynasty
PPR Salary Cap League 6pts all TDs- 26 man roster
Start 2QB, 2-3RB, 3-4WR, 1-2TE
QB A. Luck 2yr/7.5k, Big Ben 2/20k
RB D.Freeman 2/1k, M.Ingram 2/6k, M.Jones 3/20k, I.Crowell 2/4k
WR A.J.Green 1/10k, J.Maclin(Tran), E.Sanders 1/6k, M.Crabtree 2/1k, K.Aiken 2/8k, J.J.Nelson 3/2k, D.SMith 3/1k
TE E.Ebron 3/14k
2016 Picks 1.2, 2.9, 3.2, 4.5, 4.6, 4.9, 5.5, 6.5
2017 Picks 2nd, 2-3rd, 2-4ths, 5th

Orangedawg
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Orangedawg » Wed May 01, 2013 2:22 pm

g_man3333 wrote:Stacy and Lattimore are both huge reaches at 8. Considering Patterson and Hunter are still there. I personally prefer Hunter, but Patterson is a nice pick at 8 as well.
I agree with this.

Bobe
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bobe » Fri May 03, 2013 5:48 am

Thanks for all the input guys. I ended up taking Lattimore at the 1.08, but was able to get Patterson with the 1.12 that I also had. Two huge gambles but huge upside for my team.
QB-Brees,Newton
TE-Kelce

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Fri May 03, 2013 5:53 am

In your format, taking Lattimore at 1.8 was a mistake IMO, but you were obviously dead set in doing that. Well done though to get CP at 1.12
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

FFDerek
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FFDerek » Fri May 03, 2013 5:53 am

I personally don't like Patterson but I'm shocked he fell to pick 12, that's really good value there. Not a fan of Lattimore in a 12 player keeper league either but hopefully he proves the critics wrong and tears it up for you!
Flash Gordon
10 Team PPR Dynasty 27 man roster (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3flex, Superflex, IDP)
QB- Romo, Foles, A Smith, McCown, Manziel,
RB- Forte, Bell, Forsett, Jennings, Freeman, West, Khiry
WR- Julio, Calvin, Jordy, Edlman, Gordon, Decker, Shorts, A Holmes
TE- J Thomas, J Reed, Kelce, Allen
IDP- L Kuechly

Hell's Bells
10 Team PPR Dynasty 28 man roster (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex, SprFlx)
QB- A-Rod, Romo, Locker, Fitz, McCown, Henne, Garoppolo
RB- L Bell, Spiller J Bell, Freeman, Ivory, Quizz, K Robinson, McKinnon, Carey
WR- Calvin, Decker, V Jax, Wright, Randle, Boykin, Sanu, A Holmes, M Wilson, Ch Johnson, Huff
TE- Witten, Cameron, Rodgers