Wanna laugh?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Wanna laugh?

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:11 am

Last night I was called "delusional" when I rejected an offer of Russell Wilson and VJax for my AJ Green! Lol I just thought it was funny. I know there's alot of Wilson hype (both Wilson's) but now this is getting ridiculous.
Madde All-Star Team ~~12 Team IDP .5 PPR
QB: Stafford, Vick, Dalton, Cousins
RB: Martin, Lynch, Murray, Bell (R), Ingram, Ivory, Helu
WR: Nicks, Demaryious, MWill, Jones(GB), Woods (R), Williams (R), Brown (SD), Edelman, Gibson, Streater, Morgan
TE: Gronk, Kelce (R),Gresham, Green

DL: Allen, Jones(NE), Mebane, Curry, Moore (R)
LB: Butler, Lee, McCarthy, Riley, Ogletree (R), Burris, Sheard, Smith (NO)
DB: Byrd, Pollard, Rolle, Jammer, Williams (PHI)

DMP
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Wanna laugh?

Postby DMP » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:45 am

I am pretty high on Wilson (both of them) unless you have nothing at QB I would have passed on this deal as well. V-Jax is decent but he is 6 years older than AJ and who knows how good AJ can actually be. It is always funny when Dynasty owners make comments like that, this is the reason why there are so many FF sites around. Everybody has a different opinion of every single player.
10 team IDP, non-ppr, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 2RB/WR, 1 TE, 4 IDP
QB - Vick, Matt Ryan and Tannehill
RB -Stewy, Beanie, Ryan Williams, David Wilson, Mendy, Donald Brown, Dwyer
WR - Dez, Roddy, DT, Maclin, Torrey Smith, Kenny Britt, Vincent Brown
TE - VD, Jared Cook

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:25 am

I would have instantly rejected it without a second thought no matter how badly I needed a QB.

TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:28 am

Dalton is my QB (don't ask) but I don't feel I should trade away a top 5-10 start up player for a good, not elite QB in Wilson. VJax doesn't do anything for me, he doesn't bridge the cap between the 2 imo.
WR: Nicks, Demaryious, MWill, Jones(GB), Woods (R), Williams (R), Brown (SD), Edelman, Gibson, Streater, Morgan

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:53 am

I don't think you should have been called delusional, but I can see why he made that offer.

While I understand people rejecting it (and I would too), I can see a bit of a case for the trade:
Wilson - He has a ton of weapons around him, he's young, and he's going to be drafted in the top-10 in seasonal leagues. This makes him a fairly big improvement over Dalton.
V.Jax - The issue with V.Jax is that he's getting old. But if you can stomach that, he's a WR1 for fantasy. Of course he's not AJ Green, but there are worse guys to have as your WR1.
Depending on what you think of Dalton (I own him and would hate to be starting him), I think the starting line-up is improved after this trade. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, I wouldn't take the trade. But I can see the logic behind the offer.

TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 am

Tim, i usually agree with you on many occasions. This time however, I couldn't disagree with you more. This offer is so off base and borderline delusional on his part not mine. To me it's not even close. Wilson is a great starter but VJax is not a WR1 imo. In my league the difference between Wilson and Dalton was 12 points. Thanks for the input tho.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:26 am

TheMalocchio wrote:Tim, i usually agree with you on many occasions. This time however, I couldn't disagree with you more. This offer is so off base and borderline delusional on his part not mine. To me it's not even close. Wilson is a great starter but VJax is not a WR1 imo. In my league the difference between Wilson and Dalton was 12 points. Thanks for the input tho.
Like I said, I was having a little fun and playing Devil's Advocate. And I said I wouldn't do the deal.

In all seriousness - I've gotten far worse offers than this one.

TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:41 am

Haha nah I know what you were doing and I appreciate it. It's always good to hear differing opinions.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:43 am

There is so much AJG love that I can't even consider keeping him on any of my rosters. If people are going to continue to value him like he's 3x's more valuable than other player in the league I just have to trade him.

I wouldn't do this trade either; but it's way closer than everyone is making it out to be. I don't understand how Vincent Jackson "doesn't do anything for you" , he was the 6th ranked WR last season. AJ Green averaged .8 more ppg in standard scoring leagues...so near identical production.

Throw in a very young & promising QB and this is not anything close to a terrible deal.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:46 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:There is so much AJG love that I can't even consider keeping him on any of my rosters. If people are going to continue to value him like he's 3x's more valuable than other player in the league I just have to trade him.

I wouldn't do this trade either; but it's way closer than everyone is making it out to be. I don't understand how Vincent Jackson "doesn't do anything for you" , he was the 6th ranked WR last season. AJ Green averaged .8 more ppg in standard scoring leagues...so near identical production.

Throw in a very young & promising QB and this is not anything close to a terrible deal.
I know what you mean re: AJG. I finally had to part ways with him in my SC league. He just brought too much value to pass on.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 am

TheMalocchio wrote:Tim, i usually agree with you on many occasions. This time however, I couldn't disagree with you more. This offer is so off base and borderline delusional on his part not mine. To me it's not even close. Wilson is a great starter but VJax is not a WR1 imo. In my league the difference between Wilson and Dalton was 12 points. Thanks for the input tho.

Just out of curiosity; what do you consider fair value for AJG? If this offer was delusional than I'm assuming you would need way more?

would Vincent Jackson, Russell Wilson, 1.01, and Lamar Miller get it done?

It's ridiculous to consider giving up that much for any one player.

TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:59 am

Too much AJG love!? Ha!... But there isn't too much love for Wilson? For you to compare VJax to AJG is comical. I shouldn't have to explain why... See, i told you guys this be funny. Maybe I wasn't clear in my OP, this is a dynasty league not redraft. Maybe that's where the confusion is.

TheMalocchio
Starter
Starter

Postby TheMalocchio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:07 am

I see I found my league mate that offered me that trade. I countered with Wilson and Demaryius Thomas, I would've done that but it seems I was way off base with that. So it seems your WR rankings are Megatron, AJG, VJax?

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:14 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:There is so much AJG love that I can't even consider keeping him on any of my rosters. If people are going to continue to value him like he's 3x's more valuable than other player in the league I just have to trade him.

24 years old vs 30. This alone is enough to make most people VASTLY prefer AJG.
2 out of 2 good years with loads of upside vs a good, but mixed bag career with very hit-or-miss streaky production.
Locked in with a young QB for the apparent long haul vs paired with a QB who management might be falling out of favor with.
Perceived better talent (high 1st round pick) vs solid player, but perhaps not the pedigree of AJG.

The scoring difference is significantly larger (or was, but I bet that trend continues) in PPR leagues too. AJG was the #6 receiver last year, Vjax (in what can honestly be perceived as a "ceiling year" for him) was #13. AJG outscored him by 2.5PPG, not .8 in PPR. 2.5 PPG is significant. That's the difference last year between Victor Cruz (#15 PPG) and Tampa Mike (#27 PPG).

Wilson isn't nothing, sure, but I better be getting a sure thing in return if I'm trading away a top 3 or 4 dynasty WR, not a serviceable 30 year old WR and a potentially nice QB in return.

I'm not going to go as far as saying it's a TERRIBLE deal in all caps, but it gets an instant reject from me without thinking twice.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:22 am

WB - My read of what 49ers said was that AJG seems to be carrying almost mythical value. I think he was trying to make that point via a bit of hyperbole. I tend to think he's right. I can't imagine paying the prices people are asking on AJG. I remember the exact same thing happening with Nicks prior to 2011. A lot of people had him ranked as the dynasty WR2 in start-ups and he was untouchable. There are sort of two conversations happening at once here: one) the trade, two) AJG's immense dynasty value.