Danny Amendola's Value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Danny Amendola's Value

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:32 am

I know there's been a thread or two mentioning his signing with the Patriots, but I wanted to discuss how that shifts his value.

I think his physical tools are similar to Welker, but it remains to be seen 1. if he can stay healthy & 2. if he can pick up the offense quickly and develop quick chemistry with Brady.

If he were guaranteed to play 16 games, I'd feel comfortable projecting him for 90/1100/6 making him a solid #2 (especially in PPR). Like everyone else, though I don't feel confident that he can play a full season. So what's his value? He's currently slated as my WR #3 (sig below), but I would love to move him for a more reliable option or a top draft choice.

So how do you value him?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

RonW15
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Danny Amendola's Value

Postby RonW15 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:03 am

Injuries are hard to predict, they can happen to anyone, he suffered one season ending injury, Welker did as well, and he missed 5 games last year. I think he's a solid #2 I'd expect 80-90% of Welker's production. He can definitely play I don't think it will take long for him and Brady to build chemistry
12 Team 20 man Roster PPR League
QBs R. Wilson, Kaepernick, Locker
RBs A. Morris, Hunter, R. Williams
WRs AJ Green, D. Thomas, V. Jackson, V. Brown, K. Wright, Givens, A.J. Jenkins, Kerley, Quick, T.Young
TEs Fleener, Gonzalez
PK Barth
DEF Jets
2009 Champion, 2011 Champion, 2012 Runner Up

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 am

I've mentioned this in a few posts, but I traded him straight up for Michael Crabtree last week. I would have traded him for a little less, but his upside is intriguing enough that I would want a pretty good WR in return. If you can't, I'd just wait for him to have a few big games and move him then.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:55 am

I got instant rejected by a team that needs a lot to rebuild. I offered Pead, DRich and Vereen for Danny
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 pm

ManuManu wrote:I've mentioned this in a few posts, but I traded him straight up for Michael Crabtree last week. I would have traded him for a little less, but his upside is intriguing enough that I would want a pretty good WR in return. If you can't, I'd just wait for him to have a few big games and move him then.
This is actually the WR I immediately wanted to target when Amendola signed in New England. But the owner won't agree without another solid piece being involved.
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:14 pm

kmbryant09 wrote:
ManuManu wrote:I've mentioned this in a few posts, but I traded him straight up for Michael Crabtree last week. I would have traded him for a little less, but his upside is intriguing enough that I would want a pretty good WR in return. If you can't, I'd just wait for him to have a few big games and move him then.
This is actually the WR I immediately wanted to target when Amendola signed in New England. But the owner won't agree without another solid piece being involved.
How do you define "solid piece?" I might still pull the trigger depending on what that is...
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm

ManuManu wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote:
How do you define "solid piece?" I might still pull the trigger depending on what that is...
He was asking for Amendola + 1.5 for Crabtree +2.8.

I countered with Amendola + 2.6 for Crabtree.

He's now asking for Amendola + 2.6 + R. Turbin + C. Shorts for Crabtree.

I think I'm moving on to another target. Like others have said, maybe the best course of action is waiting until 3 weeks into the season and hope Amendola has put up some solid games - then flip him before he (inevitably) gets hurt.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 pm

kmbryant09 wrote:
ManuManu wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote: This is actually the WR I immediately wanted to target when Amendola signed in New England. But the owner won't agree without another solid piece being involved.
He was asking for Amendola + 1.5 for Crabtree +2.8.

I countered with Amendola + 2.6 for Crabtree.

He's now asking for Amendola + 2.6 + R. Turbin + C. Shorts for Crabtree.

I think I'm moving on to another target. Like others have said, maybe the best course of action is waiting until 3 weeks into the season and hope Amendola has put up some solid games - then flip him before he (inevitably) gets hurt.
Yeah, that's just too much to give up and apparently the gap is too far to bridge.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Amendola overrated IMO, and I'm a Pats fan. A huge part of why Welker was so good fantasy wise was because of the rapport and trust he had with Brady. I think there's little chance that Amendola even approaches that level in one offseason. Plus he's a big injury risk. They're totally different WRs, but remember how many people were predicting WR1 finishes for Lloyd. Just because a guy doesn't go to NE doesn't mean he's automatically a stud.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:14 pm

lbouchard wrote:Amendola overrated IMO, and I'm a Pats fan. A huge part of why Welker was so good fantasy wise was because of the rapport and trust he had with Brady. I think there's little chance that Amendola even approaches that level in one offseason. Plus he's a big injury risk. They're totally different WRs, but remember how many people were predicting WR1 finishes for Lloyd. Just because a guy doesn't go to NE doesn't mean he's automatically a stud.
Amendola is a better athlete and has better hands than Welker. No, he doesn't have the rapport that Welker did and has injury concerns, but he is a better receiver than Welker and will do wonders in New England's system.

dlf_jacobf
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf_jacobf » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Now is the time to move Amendola if you ask me. His value is way over what his production will be. He's never topped 700 yards or had more than three touchdowns. Sure, the upgrade from Bradford to Brady is huge, but I just don't know that he can stay healthy or is quite as talented as people think.

I think that the majority of what used to go to Welker will go to Hernandez, Gronk, and probably even Edelman because Brady knows and trusts them. It is going to take a while for Amendola to learn and execute Brady's offense. Few things upset Brady more than a guy making a different read than he did, which is bound to happen a lot at the start. Even if Amendola sees a 50% increase from his career best, he's still just over 1000 yards and 5 touchdowns. Time to tap the brakes.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:29 pm

dynastyninja wrote:
lbouchard wrote:Amendola overrated IMO, and I'm a Pats fan. A huge part of why Welker was so good fantasy wise was because of the rapport and trust he had with Brady. I think there's little chance that Amendola even approaches that level in one offseason. Plus he's a big injury risk. They're totally different WRs, but remember how many people were predicting WR1 finishes for Lloyd. Just because a guy doesn't go to NE doesn't mean he's automatically a stud.
Amendola is a better athlete and has better hands than Welker. No, he doesn't have the rapport that Welker did and has injury concerns, but he is a better receiver than Welker and will do wonders in New England's system.
I strongly, strongly disagree.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

dlf_jacobf
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf_jacobf » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:44 pm

lbouchard wrote:
dynastyninja wrote:
I strongly, strongly disagree.
I'll second that. Amendola might be faster, but in my opinion he isn't a better route running, isn't as elusive, and just isn't the same complete package when I watch them both play.

Igwebuike 4 Prez
Starter
Starter

Postby Igwebuike 4 Prez » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:38 pm

dlf_jacobf wrote:Now is the time to move Amendola if you ask me. His value is way over what his production will be. He's never topped 700 yards or had more than three touchdowns. Sure, the upgrade from Bradford to Brady is huge, but I just don't know that he can stay healthy or is quite as talented as people think.

I think that the majority of what used to go to Welker will go to Hernandez, Gronk, and probably even Edelman because Brady knows and trusts them. It is going to take a while for Amendola to learn and execute Brady's offense. Few things upset Brady more than a guy making a different read than he did, which is bound to happen a lot at the start. Even if Amendola sees a 50% increase from his career best, he's still just over 1000 yards and 5 touchdowns. Time to tap the brakes.
:clap:

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:34 pm

For those talking about Amendola needing to build a rapport with Brady, keep in mind that Welker caught 112 of his 145 targets in his first year in New England.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR