What's the 1.1 Worth?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

What's the 1.1 Worth?

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:40 pm

This is considered to be a weak draft class, at least in terms of producing stud RB/WR's. However, I can't help but think that Eddie Lacey in a Falcons/Steelers/Packers/Broncos uniform wouldn't be an equal short term and long term prospect as Trent Richardson was this year. He may not be quite the pure talent that T-Rich is, but his situation SHOULD be much better for the next 1-3 years (while Cleveland tries to rebuild).

So, what would you give up to get the 1.1 pick? I've had preliminary talks with the owner in my league, and he would probably accept Jared Cook + Jonathan Stewart + 2.5 for the 1.1 (team below, the owner has zero TE's). Gotta pull the trigger, right?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

buck6380
Starter
Starter

Re: What's the 1.1 Worth?

Postby buck6380 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:47 pm

If you are trying to get the 1.1 i would definitely try before the NFL draft because the value of the pick will only go up after that.
As far as the trade it seems close but not sure I like that deal as a 1.1 owner, personally dont like stewart.
12 team, dynasty non ppr SC/ Contract league 275 cap, 50 contract yrs
QB's Bortles $7/4, Palmer $16/1
RB's Miller $21/2, Matt Jones $1/2, Howard $3/2,Sims $6/2
WR's Julio. Jones 38/1,Allen Robinson $21/5,Cooper $17/5, Moncrief $9/3, Shepard $15/4
TE's Kelce $8/3, Tamme $1/1
K Boswell
D
IDP Kuechly $1/1, L.David $6/2, T. Smith $1/2
Taxi-K Dixon $9/3, Dewayne Washigton $10, J. Williams

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 pm

kmbryant09 wrote:This is considered to be a weak draft class, at least in terms of producing stud RB/WR's. However, I can't help but think that Eddie Lacey in a Falcons/Steelers/Packers/Broncos uniform wouldn't be an equal short term and long term prospect as Trent Richardson was this year. He may not be quite the pure talent that T-Rich is, but his situation SHOULD be much better for the next 1-3 years (while Cleveland tries to rebuild).

So, what would you give up to get the 1.1 pick? I've had preliminary talks with the owner in my league, and he would probably accept Jared Cook + Jonathan Stewart + 2.5 for the 1.1 (team below, the owner has zero TE's). Gotta pull the trigger, right?

If that's all it takes then you have no choice but to do that. That wouldn't sniff it for me. I've shopped it for Demarco Murray straight up, I also shopped it for Bernard Pierce, 1.09, and a future 1st. It would have to be a deal I really loved because I need a RB pretty bad so no reason to sell it short.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

RonW15
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RonW15 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Jump on that deal if you can.... In a recent draft Lacey went 2.12 overall before Crabtree, Harvin, Nicks and others I've been trying to trade it for a player like that but so far no one has bitten
12 Team 20 man Roster PPR League
QBs R. Wilson, Kaepernick, Locker
RBs A. Morris, Hunter, R. Williams
WRs AJ Green, D. Thomas, V. Jackson, V. Brown, K. Wright, Givens, A.J. Jenkins, Kerley, Quick, T.Young
TEs Fleener, Gonzalez
PK Barth
DEF Jets
2009 Champion, 2011 Champion, 2012 Runner Up

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Chris_R wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote:This is considered to be a weak draft class, at least in terms of producing stud RB/WR's. However, I can't help but think that Eddie Lacey in a Falcons/Steelers/Packers/Broncos uniform wouldn't be an equal short term and long term prospect as Trent Richardson was this year. He may not be quite the pure talent that T-Rich is, but his situation SHOULD be much better for the next 1-3 years (while Cleveland tries to rebuild).

If that's all it takes then you have no choice but to do that. That wouldn't sniff it for me. I've shopped it for Demarco Murray straight up, I also shopped it for Bernard Pierce, 1.09, and a future 1st. It would have to be a deal I really loved because I need a RB pretty bad so no reason to sell it short.
Hmm..unless the future 1st was the absolute worst team in the league I probably wouldn't do either of those offers as an owner of 1.01 in 1 league.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:50 pm

RonW15 wrote:Jump on that deal if you can.... In a recent draft Lacey went 2.12 overall before Crabtree, Harvin, Nicks and others I've been trying to trade it for a player like that but so far no one has bitten
Wow. 2.12. That's outrageous.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:07 pm

tstafford wrote:
RonW15 wrote:Jump on that deal if you can.... In a recent draft Lacey went 2.12 overall before Crabtree, Harvin, Nicks and others I've been trying to trade it for a player like that but so far no one has bitten
Wow. 2.12. That's outrageous.
Is it really outrageous though? Obviously the draft will play a large role in determining it. But let's say he goes to PIT for example. He'd be a 22 YO starting back. That's worth a lot, especially in a start 2 RB league. He could be a disaster, like Mathews, and still be drafted in the fourth and fifth rounds. Ingram is going in the 5th and 6th rounds despite nothing really so far. That's the downside. On the other hand, Wilson is routinely going in late 2nd, early 3rd despite few carries, because he's young and has shown potential. Miller is going in the 4th despite being a fourth round NFL selection and fewer tape than Miller. 2.12 might be a little high, but not outrageous in my opinion.

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:55 pm

lbouchard wrote:Is it really outrageous though?
Yes
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

jms935
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jms935 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:58 pm

DonBrazi wrote:
Yes
One of Lacy or Bernard will be going before 2.12 by the time the season rolls around. There are some great situations available for two very talented backs.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:14 pm

lbouchard wrote:
Chris_R wrote:

Hmm..unless the future 1st was the absolute worst team in the league I probably wouldn't do either of those offers as an owner of 1.01 in 1 league.

I wouldn't expect everyone too, but it's personal preference. I like Murray more then Lacy, and you can't really use the injury prone label on Murray if you don't use it for Lacy who has long been a guy who gets knicked up constantly and I know Murray provides big upside. For the other, I had been thinking about taking Cordarelle in certain scenarios, but my team could still use some much needed depth, so in that scenario for me I felt 1.09(Justin Hunter as an example) + a future 1st(which was more then likely a top 4 pick) + Bernard Pierce as a throw in for a 14 team league that starts 4 RB's(2 are a flex) > Cordarelle Patterson. Again, that's just my rankings, my team situation, and league settings all taken into consideration but I'd gladly take either of those.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:25 pm

DonBrazi wrote:
Yes
You make some good points.

whatadai
Captain
Captain

Postby whatadai » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:34 pm

I've offered Stevan Ridley+Dennis Pitta straight up for the 1.1...I've also offered Victor Cruz straight up for the 1.1.

The team's roster: Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, Michael Crabtree, Denarius Moore, Owen Daniels, Jermichael Finley, Dustin Keller.

The Ridley+Pitta offer was before he acquired Finley in a trade.

We start 2 RBs MAX. The usual lineup is 1 QB-2 RBs-2 WRs-1 TE.

Other possible lineups are...
1 QB-2-RBs-1 WR-2 TEs
1 QB-1 RB-2 WRs-2 TEs
1 QB-1 RB-3 WRs-1 TE
1 QB-1 RB-4 WRs

So he has enough to start at RB, but he's extremely weak at WR, unless he plans on starting questionable TEs. I don't know...but personally, I think I made some pretty good offers considering how weak this draft class seems. I'm not saying players won't develop later on down the road and be better than Ridley or Cruz, but it's a huge gamble this year with the 1.1 pick, might just turn into another Mark Ingram.

When he asked why I wanted the 1.1 pick, I replied saying that I wanted the class' top RB even though I don't know who it is yet. He replied later on saying he's planning on taking 2 RBs with his first two picks, he has 4 picks in the 1st round and 3 of them are before my first pick. Maybe he's trying to milk me or maybe he thinks better of this rookies than I do.
10 Team .5 PPR Salary Cap Dynasty (Starters in Bold)
HC: B. Belichick, D. Quinn
QB: A. Rodgers, D. Carr, N. Foles
HB: L. McCoy, A. Foster, T. Mason, B. Sankey, I. Crowell, C. Ivory, S. Ridley
WR: D. Bryant, D. Thomas, D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, A. Robinson, V. Cruz, T. Smith, C. Johnson, B. Quick, J. Gordon
TE: R. Gronkowski
PK: N. Novak, D. Carpenter
PN: J. Hekker
DT: G. Atkins, S. Marks
DE: R. Quinn, O. Vernon, C. Johnson, J. Hughes, V. Beasley, J. Smith
LB: J. Mayo, B. Cushing, J. Freeman, C. Barwin, V. Rey, B. Orakpo, A. Okafor, D. Washington
CB: J. McCourty, A. Verner, B. Browner
S: E. Weddle, T. McDonald, T. Gipson, D. Bucannon
OL: T. Armstead, S. Vollmer, K. Holmes, T. Frederick, M. Unger, J. Asamoah, J. Sitton, A. Smith, J. Troutman, M. Yanda, L. Warford

PS: RB J. Allen, WR P. Dorsett, WR K. Bell, WR B. Coleman, DE J. Sheard, DE D. Fowler, DE L. Webster, LB S. Anthony

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:19 pm

lbouchard wrote:
DonBrazi wrote:
Yes
Seems very odd to me to be drafting a rookie prior to the NFL draft as your second startup selection. The only players I can think of in the recent past that I would have done this with would have been Calvin, AJG and T.Rich - not Moreno, Julio, Ingram, etc. Probably my conservative side showing itself, but this is just too risky for me. It's made worse by having to actually draft the player (Lacy) as opposed to the rookie draft slot (1.01). At least with that if things turn out badly in the draft, you have options.

I guess my issue with the move comes down to the lack of upside. The BEST case is that he pans out an warrants a second round pick - exactly what was paid. But the downside is you have shot your team in the foot for several years. Risky.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:06 pm

tstafford wrote:
lbouchard wrote:
DonBrazi wrote: Yes
Seems very odd to me to be drafting a rookie prior to the NFL draft as your second startup selection. The only players I can think of in the recent past that I would have done this with would have been Calvin, AJG and T.Rich - not Moreno, Julio, Ingram, etc. Probably my conservative side showing itself, but this is just too risky for me. It's made worse by having to actually draft the player (Lacy) as opposed to the rookie draft slot (1.01). At least with that if things turn out badly in the draft, you have options.

I guess my issue with the move comes down to the lack of upside. The BEST case is that he pans out an warrants a second round pick - exactly what was paid. But the downside is you have shot your team in the foot for several years. Risky.
Risky indeed. Not to mention that I don't think Lacy is that great of a RB prospect, especially compared to TRich, and yes, even Ingram. Not a scouting expert or anything, but from whatever footage I have seen of Lacy, I question how well his game translates to the NFL. That spin move is gonna get him in trouble when faster NFL defenders are closing in. Also, for as much power as he supposedly has, I feel he goes down a little earlier than he should. Now, to take a guy like this THAT high in a draft without even knowing where he lands isnot just risky, it is flat out boneheaded. If he lands on a team with a poor run-blocking O-line, you have wasted your 2nd rounder. In fact, no RB from this year's class should be going in the first 4 rounds of a startup, in my opinion.