Would Wilson be 1.1?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Would Wilson be 1.1?

Postby steelman » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:59 am

TheOracle wrote:
steelman wrote:Impossible to say for sure without seeing the landing spots.

Before last years NFL draft, who had Doug Martin as the consensus #2 rookie RB? Who had him as going #2 overall in the draft, ahead of Luck, RG3 and Blackmon? Probably not many, yet he went at 1.02 in my league and I know he went that high in many others too.

Things change quickly in the world of sports and there may be another quick riser after the draft and maybe there won't. It's too early to say if Wilson would go 1.01 though.

I wouldn't say Wilson has proven he can play as a starter in the NFL though. Sure, he can play, he proved that, but until he proves he can play as a starter in all situations, what he's shown us so far is meaningless.
That's fair, but I think we were all higher on Wilson and especially Martin as NFL prospects than people are on Lacy and co.

It also doesn't make sense to say that what Wilson has shown us is meaningless. We've seen that his speed, athleticism and vision are all tools that play at the NFL level. That's more than we know about anybody in this draft class. It doesn't make any sense to call that meaningless.
Maybe I just don't remember correctly, but I really don't remember a ton of Martin hype before the draft. After the draft is when the hype started to get going. Like I said, maybe I just missed those threads or I just don't remember clearly, but I don't remember much Martin talk around here before the draft and look how he turned out.

It's possible there could be another Martin pop up somewhat unexpectedly in this draft. Hell, I remember pre-draft hearing how Miller was just as likely as T-rich to be the top rookie RB. Perhaps not many said that, but I remember hearing it more than once (and I remember the guys on Sirius NFL radio talking about Miller big time). It's just so hard to tell pre-draft, because so much will change.

I do think it's quite likely Wilson is more valuable than any RB that emerges in this draft, I just think it's too early to say with any amount of confidence.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 am

^ Wilson showed us that he can take a carry 40 or 50 yards to the house. Something Trent didn't show all year.

He showed that he can both take a redzone carry in for a td and catch a 15 yard pass for a td.

He showed us that he can learn to work on his fumbling by not having another one all season.

He flashed elite speed and athleticism. Those are things you can't teach. Pass protection and learning the Giants somewhat complex system you can.

And strangely Wilson's crying was simply a sign that he cares, maybe too much at times. He is a player who is motivated to put in the work.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Mullmania wrote:^ Wilson showed us that he can take a carry 40 or 50 yards to the house. Something Trent didn't show all year.

He showed that he can both take a redzone carry in for a td and catch a 15 yard pass for a td.

He showed us that he can learn to work on his fumbling by not having another one all season.

He flashed elite speed and athleticism. Those are things you can't teach. Pass protection and learning the Giants somewhat complex system you can.

And strangely Wilson's crying was simply a sign that he cares, maybe too much at times. He is a player who is motivated to put in the work.
Amen. And anytime someone jumps out at you when watching them on TV (the classic "eye test") you have to credit that as showing what he is capable of at the NFL level. He will improve and prove his worth; I have faith.

scott_peak
All Pro
All Pro

Postby scott_peak » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Rustyram78 wrote:Around Week 5 last year I traded my 2013 1st rounder for Wilson & 2.9...... I was darn sure that my pick would be at WORST 1.6...... Hit some rough sledding and it ended up being the 1.2......

Just thinking if Wilson, as he is today with 1 year in the NFL, was uprooted from everyones rosters and put into the rookie draft, would he be consensus 1.01??

I know it's kind of silly and totally self indulgent, because this is all hypothetical, but for my own sanity I'd like to think that Wilson would go 1.01....

Anyone disagree???
I would easily trade 1.2 for Wilson and 2.9. You got the better end of that one.
Twitter: @scott_peak

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:34 pm

David Wilson and Lamar Miller would both be 1.1 for me if they were available in this years rookie draft.

Rustyram78
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rustyram78 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Spinkso wrote:David Wilson and Lamar Miller would both be 1.1 for me if they were available in this years rookie draft.
Interesting... I wasn't thinking about Miller, but yeah, as things are right now before the draft i could see Miller going 1.01....

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Mullmania wrote:^ Wilson showed us that he can take a carry 40 or 50 yards to the house. Something Trent didn't show all year.

Did we just become best friends?
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

will6779
All Pro
All Pro

Postby will6779 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:39 pm

i think he would be. i can remember the buzz last year after the combine. he turned in a freakish athletic performance.
12 team, ppr,idp league. 35 man roster, 5 ts.
Start- qb,2-3rb,3-4wr,1-2te,pk, 2-3 dl, 2-3 lb, 2-3 db
Scoring- all tds 6 pts, lb&db 2/t, 4/sack. Dl 3/t 5/ sack

QB- luck, tannehill, mallet
RB- spiller,sproles,mathews,ingram p thomas, woodhead, f jackson, k davis, freeman
WR- brandon marshall d thomas,cobb,amendola , bolden, landry, bryant, watkins, carter
TE- Olsen, reed, ertz, housler, escobar
PK- Vinatary
DL- , quinn, dunlap, hankins
LB- Kueckly, bowman, greenway, v miller , ogletree, bostic, kirksey
DB- Beathea, weddel