Percy Harvin!?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Percy Harvin to the Pats

Postby Chris_R » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:53 am

It's not going to be the offer most think if a trade happens. It takes a high draft pick, huge contract, and off the field concerns(whether or not they are a big deal or not is irrelevant because there are some there). You could just sign Mike Wallace or Dwayne Bowe for the money and keep your pick, or you could just draft Keenan Allen or Cordarelle Patterson with the pick and save the money. Those 4 options might bode as a better idea for most teams.

It's probably gonna be a team with a good amount of picks, or a huge need for a versatyle guy like Harvin. I do know Belicheck really loves Harvin, so it does make sense. I hope it doesn't, because it'll be a long off-season of speculating and projecting stats of him + the two TE's.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:12 am

allpurple wrote:Looks like Welker and the Pats are edging closer to a two year deal. Percys market is closing. He'll be a viking next year.
lol I have a feeling if the vikings are dangling him out there for a 2nd or 3rd some team will bite. Just because the Pats dont get him doesnt mean the market is closing for a dynamic, proven 25 year old (at start of next season) stud. I can name a number of WR hungry teams that would love to have him.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

scott_peak
All Pro
All Pro

Postby scott_peak » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:18 am

joeday wrote:
allpurple wrote:Looks like Welker and the Pats are edging closer to a two year deal. Percys market is closing. He'll be a viking next year.
lol I have a feeling if the vikings are dangling him out there for a 2nd or 3rd some team will bite. Just because the Pats dont get him doesnt mean the market is closing for a dynamic, proven 25 year old (at start of next season) stud. I can name a number of WR hungry teams that would love to have him.
I wish I could get Harvin in dynasty for a second and third. That seems way low for a player like him, but I guess trashing your head coach drives the asking price down a bit.
Twitter: @scott_peak

scott_peak
All Pro
All Pro

Postby scott_peak » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:21 am

TryingToWin wrote:
TheOracle wrote:That's almost definitely a good thing, right? I can't imagine anywhere other than maybe Arizona or Tennessee being a step down. Even Cleveland would seem like a lateral move at worst.
Just pray it isn't the Jets.
Wow. That would be bad. If Harvin got upset in the Vikings offense, he's gonna implode with Mark Sanchez as his QB.
Twitter: @scott_peak

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:20 am

I don't think Harvin's value should really increase much if he were to leave Minnesota. If it was to a place like NE or DEN, where he'd be catching passes from an All-Time great, than I could justify a boost. But if he ends up going to Carolina, St. Louis, Indy, etc. I would not bump him up based on QB play.

Ponder was bad, no doubt. But Harvin put up great numbers because the offensive play-callers designed their offense around Harvin. He was an extension of the running game. He was a RB. He was the slot-WR, the 3rd down guy, the red-zone guy. He was everything. Minnesota tried every way possible to get Harvin the ball. And while Ponder probably missed him on an occasional deep throw, something like 80% of Harvin's yards came after the catch. Which means he was catching most of his passes right around the line of scrimmage. Those are throws that even Ponder couldn't screw up (most of the time).

While a better QB would undoubtedly boost Harvin's downfield production, it remains to be seen how his future team would use him. To their credit, Minnesota was about as good as I've seen at trying to get their star play-maker the ball in creative fashions. Is Indy really going to give him 3 screen passes a game, a couple hand offs, flares out of the backfield, etc. etc.? Harvin may become more efficient on another team, but his overall use might decrease on another team.

Harvin essentially had 107 targets (85 passes and 22 hand offs) in 9 games - 12 targets per game, 192 for a full season. Only Calvin had more than that, and most elite WR's typically only see 130-160 in a season. So I wouldn't bank on his usage staying the same if he goes to another team.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:42 am

joeday wrote:
What teams? Who is willing to drop a second on him and pay him 14-16 mill for a slot WR? 2nd or 3rd. Who says the Vikes will part with Harvin for a 3rd? I would just to move on but i don't work for the Vikes FO. Who has the cap room to afford Harvin and would also be willing to drop a high draft pick. Here is the list of teams that have enough cap room to maybe make it work.

Baltimore $15.7M Doesn't need Percy
Buffalo $20.6M
Chicago $13.3M
Cincinnati $55.1M
Cleveland $48.9M
Denver $18.5M Doesn't need Percy
Houston $12.9M
Indianapolis $46M
Jacksonville $22.1M
Kansas City $16.1M
Miami $35.8M
Minnesota $16.1M
New England $18.6M
Philadelphia $5.2M
Seattle $18.6M
Tampa Bay $31.3M
Tennessee $19.4M Wright and Britt

Out of this list most 2nd round picks are high or fairly high round picks where as they could land a WR for far cheaper. If the Vikes force him to play this season and he leaves they already will likely get a comp 3rd. LOL.

Even then the Vikes could just Wallace Harvin in 2014 till someone gives them what they deem as fair value. Vikes have zero obligation to do a forced trade for him in anyway. They could care less about FF and Harvins owners. LOL.

Show me a deal that makes sense please.
Last edited by allpurple on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:48 am

You seem to be getting defensive here, perhaps as a Vikes fan...my comments have nothing to do with FF, just stating my opinion on the fact he is a young stud and I think teams could use him. Obvious teams that make sense are CLE, MIA and KC.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cy23 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:56 am

allpurple wrote:
joeday wrote:
What teams? Who is willing to drop a second on him and pay him 14-16 mill for a slot WR? 2nd or 3rd. Who says the Vikes will part with Harvin for a 3rd? I would just to move on but i don't work for the Vikes FO. Who has the cap room to afford Harvin and would also be willing to drop a high draft pick. Here is the list of teams that have enough cap room to maybe make it work.

Buffalo $20.6M
Chicago $13.3M
Cincinnati $55.1M
Cleveland $48.9M
Houston $12.9M
Indianapolis $46M
Jacksonville $22.1M
Kansas City $16.1M
Miami $35.8M
Minnesota $16.1M
New England $18.6M
Philadelphia $5.2M
Seattle $18.6M
Tampa Bay $31.3M

Out of this list most 2nd round picks are high or fairly high round picks where as they could land a WR for far cheaper. If the Vikes force him to play this season and he leaves they already will likely get a comp 3rd. LOL.

Even then the Vikes could just Wallace Harvin in 2014 till someone gives them what they deem as fair value. Vikes have zero obligation to do a forced trade for him in anyway. They could care less about FF and Harvins owners. LOL.

Of the list you gave, I disagree that Baltimore doesn't need Percy. I don't think they can AFFORD him, with the Flacco extension and everyone else becoming more expensive, but I think he would be perfect opposite Smith/Jones as deeper threats.

Removing Chicago because MIN would never trade Harvin to CHI. Removing CLE as I don't think they would trade for Harvin, they would rather draft and pay a lot less. Removing several others based on my discretion (TB has VJax/Mike Williams, TEN has Britt/Wright, etc.)

Houston $12.9M
Cincinnati $55.1M
New England $18.6M
Miami $35.8M
Buffalo $20.6M
Indianapolis $46M
Kansas City $16.1M
Seattle $18.6M

This is my list, based on priority of need, of teams I think would want Harvin and pay for him. HOU/CIN do not have a WR2, so Harvin would be great. NE has Welker, but Harvin is an upgrade and younger. MIA needs all new WR, whereas BUF only needs one WR, but Stevie Johnson is a much better WR2 than WR1.

I would actually love Harvin to end up in IND, as I think he would really become the guy there.

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 am

joeday wrote:You seem to be getting defensive here, perhaps as a Vikes fan...my comments have nothing to do with FF, just stating my opinion on the fact he is a young stud and I think teams could use him. Obvious teams that make sense are CLE, MIA and KC.
I hate lol. That is all. Can't stand the 3 letters. There is enough bad press being leaked (possibly ) by the Vikes about Harvins outbursts to the point it smells like were trying to trade you but we can't find any takers that offer fair value. If the Vikes were actually trying to maximize Harvins value. They wouldn't have said mum about the Fraizer vs Harvin blowout.

Out of those three KC would be a likely possibility if Bowe left but then we would get almost a first rounder and it would make more sense just to give Bowe Harvins money. I don't think the vikes would trade Harvin for a draft pick upgrade.

Then the Browns. Make a ton of sense but there defense needs to be fixed first. They have Weeden Gordon and Little. Harvin gets them no closer to anything. They will look to bail on Weeden soon.

Phins had Marshall and dumped him for a 2 3rds. Bringing in Harvin for a second and paying him more then Marshall doesn't make sense. He is not a Philbin type guy.

Indy to me makes the most sense but they have a young core that got them to the playoffs. I think they continue a cheap youth movement and save money for when they need to extend them, plus they need D and O line help in the worst way. Money and picks will be dirrected that way.
Last edited by allpurple on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 am

Cy23 wrote:
allpurple wrote:
joeday wrote: lol I have a feeling if the vikings are dangling him out there for a 2nd or 3rd some team will bite. Just because the Pats dont get him doesnt mean the market is closing for a dynamic, proven 25 year old (at start of next season) stud. I can name a number of WR hungry teams that would love to have him.

Buffalo $20.6M
Chicago $13.3M
Cincinnati $55.1M
Cleveland $48.9M
Houston $12.9M
Indianapolis $46M
Jacksonville $22.1M
Kansas City $16.1M
Miami $35.8M
Minnesota $16.1M
New England $18.6M
Philadelphia $5.2M
Seattle $18.6M
Tampa Bay $31.3M

Of the list you gave, I disagree that Baltimore doesn't need Percy. I don't think they can AFFORD him, with the Flacco extension and everyone else becoming more expensive, but I think he would be perfect opposite Smith/Jones as deeper threats.

Removing Chicago because MIN would never trade Harvin to CHI. Removing CLE as I don't think they would trade for Harvin, they would rather draft and pay a lot less. Removing several others based on my discretion (TB has VJax/Mike Williams, TEN has Britt/Wright, etc.)

Houston $12.9M
Cincinnati $55.1M
New England $18.6M
Miami $35.8M
Buffalo $20.6M
Indianapolis $46M
Kansas City $16.1M
Seattle $18.6M

This is my list, based on priority of need, of teams I think would want Harvin and pay for him. HOU/CIN do not have a WR2, so Harvin would be great. NE has Welker, but Harvin is an upgrade and younger. MIA needs all new WR, whereas BUF only needs one WR, but Stevie Johnson is a much better WR2 than WR1.

I would actually love Harvin to end up in IND, as I think he would really become the guy there.
We disagree and yet think alike. To funny.

Balt needs a Pass rusher to eventually replace Suggs , CB ,SS/FS , LB , OL. They have a extremely expensive team and signing Harvin might cost them T Smith down the road.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 am

I think, assuming they would sign him long term, Harvin to Indy would result in one of the best QB to WR duos in recent history. If trading some picks and spending money results in something of that magnitude, it is worth it.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:45 am

TryingToWin wrote:I think, assuming they would sign him long term, Harvin to Indy would result in one of the best QB to WR duos in recent history. If trading some picks and spending money results in something of that magnitude, it is worth it.
slight hyberbole here lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:11 am

joeday wrote:
TryingToWin wrote:I think, assuming they would sign him long term, Harvin to Indy would result in one of the best QB to WR duos in recent history. If trading some picks and spending money results in something of that magnitude, it is worth it.
slight hyberbole here lol
Yea that is true. The hyperbole police are always out on the prowl.
But, please notice that I started the sentence with "I THINK...." and it's probably not even going too overboard.

allpurple
Starter
Starter

Postby allpurple » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:30 am

I agree that is why I have them as the front runner. The only strike against the deal is it ties up a ton of money into Harvin and after watching RG3 go down and out the Colts have to thinking securing there QB's health is a major priority for the long term.

waynesworld1234
Starter
Starter

Postby waynesworld1234 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 pm

I think someone mentioned this already, but Cincy could be a dark horse. Mike Brown is as cheap as it gets, but they have a lot of cap room available. Their first priorities have to be signing Geno Atkins, Green, and Dalton to extensions, but after that, it seems like a possibility.