Flacco to the Broncos

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ravens4life20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Joe Flacco

Postby Ravens4life20 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:48 pm

I am wondering what everyone thinks of Flacco's coolness in big games now that we've seen he can duke it out with the "elite" like he did against Brady last year in clutch situations...even with weapons that clearly do not match that of the Patriots and/or Broncos.
QB:Kaepernick, Flacco, Vick
RB:TRich, Martin, E.Lacy, B.Pierce, D.Williams--Taxi squad: DRich, I.Pead
WR:Megatron, L.Fitzgerald, Garcon, Torrey, K.Thompkins--Taxi squad: J.Gordon, S.Hill, A.Dobson
TE:J.Graham, J.Cameron, O.Daniels

DE:Wilkerson, Liuget, C.Johnson
LB:Wagner, S.Lee, Timmons, Beason, D.Smith--Taxi squad:A.Ogletree
DB:TJ Ward, H.Smith, L.Webb

Ravens4life20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Joe Flacco

Postby Ravens4life20 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:50 pm

He isn't at the Superbowl yet but he is probably relieved to see his WRs can usually make a catch when he drops it on their chest with the game on the line...(even though Jacoby dropped a HUGE 3rd down conversion the previous drive
WR:Megatron, L.Fitzgerald, Garcon, Torrey, K.Thompkins--Taxi squad: J.Gordon, S.Hill, A.Dobson

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:43 am

Ravens4life20 wrote:I am wondering what everyone thinks of Flacco's coolness in big games now that we've seen he can duke it out with the "elite" like he did against Brady last year in clutch situations...even with weapons that clearly do not match that of the Patriots and/or Broncos.
I don't think the weapons are that far off between the Ravens and Broncos.

Thomas v Smith
Decker v Boldin
Stokely v Jones
Tamme v Pitta
Dreesen v Dickson
McGahee/Moreno v Rice/Pierce

The only massive splits in that group are Rice and Thomas. The rest could go either way. I don't think I'd look to acquire Flacco, but I wouldn't look to sell if I had him either. He's a low-end QB1 who could still move up a bit in the right system.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:54 am

Flacco might get more help from receivers than any other QB in the NFL. I feel like 90% of the deep balls he throws are either completed thanks to an adjustment by the receiver or incomplete out of bounds. You just don't see a ton of those in stride throws like the first Smith TD Saturday.

I just wouldn't get too excited about yesterday.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

PapaBearsPlaybook
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PapaBearsPlaybook » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 am

Joe Flacco - unless he takes an Eli Manning-like jump - should still fall around the 12th overall or so fantasy QB.
12 Team, PPR, Start: 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2WR, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 TE. Keep 6.
QBs: Wilson, Kaepernick, Schaub, Logan Thomas
RB: Bell, Vereen, Sankey, Greene, FJax
WR: Floyd, Cobb, Cooks, Hopkins, Jennings, Baldwin
TE: Reed, Walker
K: Crosby, Suisham

15 Team, Non-PPR, redraft, Start: 2QBs, 2RBs, 3 WRs, 1 K, 1 D.
QB: Wilson, Ryan
RB: Joique Bell, Ellington
WR: White, Floyd, A. Johnson
TE: H. Miller
K: Gould DEF: NE Pats

12 Team, $500 Cap/Auction/Dynasty League, PPR, 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3WR, 2 FLEX, 1K, 1 TE.
QB: Brady ($92), Manziel ($16), Fitzpatrick ($10), Hoyer ($7), Savage ($2)
RB: Spiller ($85), Lynch ($60), Woodhead ($16), SJax ($19), Cunningham ($1), McKinnon ($1), CJ Anderson ($1)
WR: Garcon ($35), Hopkins ($19), Thompkins ($7), J. Hunter ($4), BMarsh ($65), Tate ($8), Marlon Brown ($1)
TE: D. Allen ($2), Ertz ($12), Reed ($5)
K: Vinatieri ($1), Suisham ($1)

thriftyrocker
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thriftyrocker » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:39 pm

I am wondering what the Ravens FO thinks of Flacco's coolness in big games now that we've seen he can duke it out with the "elite" like he did against Brady last year in clutch situations. Franchizing him seems like an insult ATM.

Ravens4life20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Ravens4life20 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:44 pm

ericanadian wrote:
Ravens4life20 wrote:I am wondering what everyone thinks of Flacco's coolness in big games now that we've seen he can duke it out with the "elite" like he did against Brady last year in clutch situations...even with weapons that clearly do not match that of the Patriots and/or Broncos.
I don't think the weapons are that far off between the Ravens and Broncos.

Thomas v Smith
Decker v Boldin
Stokely v Jones
Tamme v Pitta
Dreesen v Dickson
McGahee/Moreno v Rice/Pierce

The only massive splits in that group are Rice and Thomas. The rest could go either way. I don't think I'd look to acquire Flacco, but I wouldn't look to sell if I had him either. He's a low-end QB1 who could still move up a bit in the right system.
I see your point, and it is a very good one, I guess the biggest obstacle for Flacco was his O-coordinator, as it seems he is performing a heck of a lot better and more consistent with a new offensive coordinator who has never even called a play in his life, yet is thought to be fully qualified to do so, still Flacco must have a lot more responsibility on his shoulders...and is showing us why he deserves to get paid at least close to top 5 money.

Tough to guess what he will get paid though since he already has 7 post-season wins and 3 trips to the AFC championship game in only 5 years...yet he has never eclipsed 4000 yards or 25 TDS...again though, is Cam to blame?! I think most of the blame would fall on Cam, yes. Also factoring in is that, a QB from Delaware most likely is expected to progress slower than one say that played at Stanford with Jim Harbaugh as a HC

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm

I'd be interested to see how the Ravens O vs D has statistically ranked during Flacco's tenure. I've always felt like it was the D and running game that carried the Ravens in recent years, nothing at all to do with how "well" Flacco's performed. I also think the hype around him is at outrageous levels thanks to horrible coverage on that 70 yard hail mary.

I'm not buying him in my league during our FA auction unless I can get him at under 5% of my team's cap.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Joe Flacco

Postby IronSkull » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Is the kingslayer finialky breaking into the dynasty top 10? Looks like he has seriousily turned a corner, IMO I think he is a very good value buy for 2013 seeing how he gets almost no respect in fantasy.
12 team, non-ppr, standard scoring
QB - Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Christian Ponder
RB - Steven Jackson, M. Lynch, MJD, D.Will, Jonathan Stewart, R.Mendenhal
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
TE - K.Rudolph, Heath Miller, Brandon Myers
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:15 pm

I can't call somebody having the best game of their life in the Super Bowl a good value buy.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

IronSkull
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby IronSkull » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Flacco literally gets treated like the plague in most fantady circles. Hes been phenomenal this offseason
12 team, non-ppr, standard scoring
QB - Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Matt Stafford, Christian Ponder
RB - Steven Jackson, M. Lynch, MJD, D.Will, Jonathan Stewart, R.Mendenhal
WR - Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, S. Rice, M. Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Joe Morgan, D.Avery
TE - K.Rudolph, Heath Miller, Brandon Myers
D - Dolphins
K - M. Crosby

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Flacco has been under rated for some time and has actually done pretty well in big games. A couple years ago he hit D.Mason in the numbers, but he failed to catch the ball. He hit A.Bolden in the endzone like 2 years ago or so and he dropped it. The next drive he hit D.Stallworth in the end zone with a perfect pass that was dropped. The pieces around Flacco fail more than Flacco, which is why WR is a normal team need for the Ravens. Although, I'm not putting him in the top 10 or anything at this point.

If I was a QB, I'd be calling myself elite to the press. Worked for Eli last year and working for Flacco this year.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Is he top 10?
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Rag3aholik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rag3aholik » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:02 pm

I just traded Kaepernick for Julio Jones, so I sure hope Flacco continues to produce. I just don't think he's ever really gonna produce enough raw numbers to be a QB1.
Rag3
12 team standard league - Non-PPR - 1 year completed
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Stafford,, Cutler,
RB: Spiller, Ball, Mathews, Gerhart, T-Rich, C. Michael
WR: C. Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, K. Allen,, J. Hunter, D. Rogers
TE: L. Green , J. Cool

Decepticons
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE 3Flex, 1TM
QB: Cam Newton, Kyle Orton, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB: Demarco Murray, Alfred Morris, CJ Anderson Montee Ball, Jonathan Stewart, Jay Ajayi,
WR: Brandon Marshall, K. Allen, D. Hopkins, Davante Adams, Devante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Brandon Lafell, Stedman Bailey, Kenny Britt
TE: Martellus Bennett, Julius Thomas, Josh Hill, Ladarius Green{/size]

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Rag3aholik wrote:I just traded Kaepernick for Julio Jones, so I sure hope Flacco continues to produce. I just don't think he's ever really gonna produce enough raw numbers to be a QB1.
Unless that's a 2 QB league I'd imagine that owner looks like Cameron after Ferris told him how many miles are on the Ferrari.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,