Kenny Britt Contrarian View

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
xlote
Starter
Starter

Re: Kenny Britt Contrarian View

Postby xlote » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:35 pm

This is my last comment on the subject:

Who were defenses most worried about in 2010 when they played the Titans? I would guess it was CJ2K coming off his 2K season, thus allowing single coverage on Britt.

Part of my point is that your choice is based on a small sample size of games for Britt. Will CJ1K draw 8 in the box or will teams double Britt? Burress in his prime with the Giants drew so much attention that he was never a great fantasy play - the Giants threw somewhere else. Will the same happen to Britt?

Have fun with Britt, to each his own. :cheers:

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 pm

I'd trade a future 2nd for Britt and see if it was enough in leagues I don't own him. For leagues that I do own him, there is absolutely no way I trade him right now. There really isn't even much of a point to entertain low ball offers. He's going to play again at some point, may be a long ways away but I'll wait until he gets on the field before I move him.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with the britt side on this debate. Before his injury setback/run in with the law, I was extremely high on britt and ready to pay heavy for him. I recognize that the recent events are a major concern, but you can't deny that this guy is full of talent, and has proven he can do it at this level. He doesn't have a huge resume, but he has seemed to play well without a top qb or other receiving threats. I'll give you that cj2k was a big concern for defenses, but that can work as an arguement for britt just as much. Cj2k is still there.

I am still interested in britt. I am trying to gauge his reduced value now, as he has just went up on the block in my league.

As far as the original trade, I think that is a no brainer. As mentioned, garçon is far from a key piece to any team. Especially a team that plans on winning. His overall numbers were ok, but of you owned him or take a closer look, he scored most of his points in a couple games and was unreliable at best in the others. Garçon is on par with a slew of other recievers, alot of which can likely be found on the waiver wire. This is definitly a risk/reward assessment here. I think the reward greatly out weighs the risk. Especially if the original trader wasn't going to use garçon anyway.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Wow, could the guy drunk on spiked Garcon koolaid please join a league that I have him in! lol

Britt > Garcon, simple as that. You can't look blindly at stats because you lose some very important context to those stats. But hey, to each their own. I traded for britt in 3 leagues and absolutely trade raped the britt owner in all 3.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 pm

joeday wrote:Wow, could the guy drunk on spiked Garcon koolaid please join a league that I have him in! lol

Britt > Garcon, simple as that. You can't look blindly at stats because you lose some very important context to those stats. But hey, to each their own. I traded for britt in 3 leagues and absolutely trade raped the britt owner in all 3.
i dont know if i would take either of the sides, britt gets arrested about 4 times a yr, has knee problems, but is talented

garcon, is in a better situation then he was last yr, in which he did alright, for this yr i know i would for sure take garcon, while i am avoiding the likes of britt, cause i believe its 8 games suspended, followed by a yr the next time he gets arrested, and high/low arrested within the next yr, my bets on low

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:59 pm

I've got him in 2 leagues and won't be trading him unless I'm absolutely blown away by the trade. I've held him so far, I might as well ride it out now.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

Tattoo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tattoo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:51 am

joeday wrote:
I want to be careful here as I am jumping on this debate late and don't really have an interest in getting involved but I do want to point out one thing. Not to pick on what joeday said but aren't stats pretty much all we are concerned about here? If you are evaluating on purely football talent, then I would agree that Britt probably does out-distance Garcon in that regard. However, you can't take away the fact that Garcon had Peyton Manning throwing to him for a couple of years; that was part of his appeal and why I could see how someone would rate Britt and Garcon near equivalent in fantasy terms.

Questionable use of the term "raped". I hope it doesn't turn out that Britt "rapes" you in the end...

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:49 am

dm1129 wrote:Sorry, I should have included this in original post.

I traded Garcon & 3.05 for Britt. I am in a 12 team PPR IDP league.
This is a GOOD trade. Garcon is over valued and Britt is under valued.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:09 am

Tattoo wrote:
joeday wrote:
I want to be careful here as I am jumping on this debate late and don't really have an interest in getting involved but I do want to point out one thing. Not to pick on what joeday said but aren't stats pretty much all we are concerned about here? If you are evaluating on purely football talent, then I would agree that Britt probably does out-distance Garcon in that regard. However, you can't take away the fact that Garcon had Peyton Manning throwing to him for a couple of years; that was part of his appeal and why I could see how someone would rate Britt and Garcon near equivalent in fantasy terms.

Questionable use of the term "raped". I hope it doesn't turn out that Britt "rapes" you in the end...

True, stats are all we are concerned about here. However, to simply compare games, rec, yards, tds...without context is a huge mistake. Britt entered the league as a 20 year old. Since becoming a starter in his second season and playing as the #1 WR for the Titans, he has averaged around 100 yds and a TD per game. This was done while playing the #1 spot against opposing teams top CBs and having Vince Young/Kerry Collins as QB for most of the games. In contrast Garcon has always played as a #2 against opposing teams #2 CBs and has had Peyton Manning as his QB during most of his career. He has never been dominate against #2 CBs, now he will facing #1 CBs every week. The context of these stats makes the difference between winning and losing as an owner.

It has also been suggested that it is a small sample size for Britt. What is the alternative? Wait another year or two? If he is dominate in that time, what will his value be then?

Rag3aholik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rag3aholik » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:35 am

dm1129 wrote:
Tattoo wrote:
joeday wrote:

True, stats are all we are concerned about here. However, to simply compare games, rec, yards, tds...without context is a huge mistake. Britt entered the league as a 20 year old. Since becoming a starter in his second season and playing as the #1 WR for the Titans, he has averaged around 100 yds and a TD per game. This was done while playing the #1 spot against opposing teams top CBs and having Vince Young/Kerry Collins as QB for most of the games. In contrast Garcon has always played as a #2 against opposing teams #2 CBs and has had Peyton Manning as his QB during most of his career. He has never been dominate against #2 CBs, now he will facing #1 CBs every week. The context of these stats makes the difference between winning and losing as an owner.

It has also been suggested that it is a small sample size for Britt. What is the alternative? Wait another year or two? If he is dominate in that time, what will his value be then?
Agreed. Good post rookie!
Rag3
12 team standard league - Non-PPR - 1 year completed
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Stafford,, Cutler,
RB: Spiller, Ball, Mathews, Gerhart, T-Rich, C. Michael
WR: C. Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, K. Allen,, J. Hunter, D. Rogers
TE: L. Green , J. Cool

Decepticons
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE 3Flex, 1TM
QB: Cam Newton, Kyle Orton, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB: Demarco Murray, Alfred Morris, CJ Anderson Montee Ball, Jonathan Stewart, Jay Ajayi,
WR: Brandon Marshall, K. Allen, D. Hopkins, Davante Adams, Devante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Brandon Lafell, Stedman Bailey, Kenny Britt
TE: Martellus Bennett, Julius Thomas, Josh Hill, Ladarius Green{/size]

Tattoo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tattoo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:55 am

And the context of throwing numbers out there to prove a point needs to be considered as well. You stated that since becoming a starter, he has averaged 100 yards and a TD per game. Not quite true. He's played in 15 games since the beginning of 2010 and produced 1064 yards and 12 TD's (or 1046 yards and 12 TD's not including the game he was injured in). That works out to an average of 71 yards and 2/3 of a TD per game (or 75 yards and 0.86 TD's per game without the injury game). Good numbers but not exactly what you had stated. Plus, 271 yards and 3 TD's of that total was produced in only two games before he went down with an injury. I simply don't think that pace of 271 yards and 3 TD's in two games is sustainable. And that I don't think it is sustainable means his averages would go down as well for the whole year. Just as he was not able to finish what he started last year, who is to say he would have produced at or even close to those numbers for the rest of 2011? I think he would have fallen off during the season. Would his hype train be that strong then or would we be left wondering this year what happened to him last year and why did his numbers fall off?

To me, Britt is a "prove it" player. He has to remain healthy for me to believe he can become a top-flight player at his position. He has to show something in order for me to make a leap of faith with him. And while you guys are now laughing at the fact I just missed out on such huge potential (and wanting to jump in and play in any league I play in), I've moved on to the next big thing, the guy that will hopefully break-out and that not many others know about, all the while everyone else is waiting and hoping Britt produces as is expected. If I miss out on Britt, well that's my loss but I'm already onto the next guy. And, if Britt falls flat and doesn't produce as so many of his owners are hoping he does, well then I haven't wasted my time waiting around for that to happen.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:38 am

Tattoo wrote:And the context of throwing numbers out there to prove a point needs to be considered as well. You stated that since becoming a starter, he has averaged 100 yards and a TD per game. Not quite true. He's played in 15 games since the beginning of 2010 and produced 1064 yards and 12 TD's (or 1046 yards and 12 TD's not including the game he was injured in). That works out to an average of 71 yards and 2/3 of a TD per game (or 75 yards and 0.86 TD's per game without the injury game). Good numbers but not exactly what you had stated. Plus, 271 yards and 3 TD's of that total was produced in only two games before he went down with an injury. I simply don't think that pace of 271 yards and 3 TD's in two games is sustainable. And that I don't think it is sustainable means his averages would go down as well for the whole year. Just as he was not able to finish what he started last year, who is to say he would have produced at or even close to those numbers for the rest of 2011? I think he would have fallen off during the season. Would his hype train be that strong then or would we be left wondering this year what happened to him last year and why did his numbers fall off?

To me, Britt is a "prove it" player. He has to remain healthy for me to believe he can become a top-flight player at his position. He has to show something in order for me to make a leap of faith with him. And while you guys are now laughing at the fact I just missed out on such huge potential (and wanting to jump in and play in any league I play in), I've moved on to the next big thing, the guy that will hopefully break-out and that not many others know about, all the while everyone else is waiting and hoping Britt produces as is expected. If I miss out on Britt, well that's my loss but I'm already onto the next guy. And, if Britt falls flat and doesn't produce as so many of his owners are hoping he does, well then I haven't wasted my time waiting around for that to happen.
He became a starter week 5...96 yards and a TD a game. I never projected that he would have a career based on the first 2 games of last season. The whole point is Britt has already demonstrated that his upside is special. After he 'proves it', his value will be prohibitive to obtain. It is all about risk/reward.

Tattoo
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tattoo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 am

Some people have a high threshold for risk on some players and some have a lower threshold on some players. For a player such as Britt with all of his issues, however talented, I, and others, have a lower threshold for risk.

Sure his upside is special but will he ever make it more than just upside? You seem to assume that he will. I, and others, claim that is a questionable proposition. There is no guarantee that he will and I think it can be dangerous to assume he will.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:48 am

Tattoo wrote:
joeday wrote:

Trade 1 -- Alshon Jeffrey for Britt
Trade 2 -- Jake Locker, Danny Amendola for Alex Smith, Britt and a projected high 2013 2nd round pick
Trade 3 -- in a 10 player keeper with a 10 round draft, picks 3.11 and 4.2 for Britt

Yes, even if he gets suspended for a year I would still do all of those trades lol...I consider all of them trade rapes, or trapes as it were. lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 am

??Droppedballs?? wrote:
joeday wrote:Wow, could the guy drunk on spiked Garcon koolaid please join a league that I have him in! lol

i dont know if i would take either of the sides, britt gets arrested about 4 times a yr, has knee problems, but is talented

garcon, is in a better situation then he was last yr, in which he did alright, for this yr i know i would for sure take garcon, while i am avoiding the likes of britt, cause i believe its 8 games suspended, followed by a yr the next time he gets arrested, and high/low arrested within the next yr, my bets on low
8 games for his first league punishment on a DUI...that would be interesting.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride