Reggie Bush Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jbenz0208
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Reggie Bush Trade

Postby jbenz0208 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:00 pm

I just made the below trade and I'm getting mixed reviews from my league. I would love to get some feedback, team in sig.

I give: Reggie Bush

I get: Titus Young, 2013 2nd rd pick(middle of the pack)

Flschbrger
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Reggie Bush Trade

Postby Flschbrger » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Much rather Titus, even without the pick.
10 team, 2 qb, 4WR, 2 RB, FLEX, .5 ppr, 5 pt passing td, 6 pts rush/rec tds (5 qb roster max)

QB - Russell Wilson, David Carr Josh Rosen
WR - Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Calvin Ridley, Marquez Valdes-Scantling Robby Anderson, Josh Reynolds, Jamison Crowder, Mecole Hardman, Deon Cain
RB - David Johnson, James Conner, Duke Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Nyheim Hines, Bryce Love, Justice Hill, Ryquell Armstead,
TE - Gerald Everett
FLEX - Chris Carson

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:04 pm

I think you sold Bush a little low.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

johnand20
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby johnand20 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Agreed. Bush IS a RB1. Getting a project number two WR is just a bit too little. If it had been a 2012 mid2nd I think it would have been a decent trade...
10 team 31 pl 5 taxi squad PPR - 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 OL, 1 PK, 1 PN, 4 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S

QB: Stafford, Flacco, Mariota (TS)
RB: Charles, Forsett, Foster, R. Jennings, M. Gordon (TS) , Gurley (TS) , T. Coleman, M. Davis (TS)
WR: Megatron, Jul. Jones, AJ Green, Garcon, Patterson, Latimer, K. White
TE: Kelce, ASJ
OL: BAL
PK: Vinatieri
PN: Anger
DL: Wake, Tuck, S. Richardson, C. Jordan, L. Williams
LB: David, Derr. Johnson, Mayo, T. Smith, Clowney
CB: McCourty, House
S: Berry, Weddle, Cyprien
3 2017 1sts

MonkeyOne
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby MonkeyOne » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Bush is worth a bit more, especially to a contender.

Swids19
Captain
Captain

Postby Swids19 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:46 pm

I think you gave Bush away. With Bush being a solid RB1 in Miami you should have received more than you did. Just my opinion.
Dynasty Team: Gridiron Knights
12 Team League, Non-PPR League, All TD's worth 6pts (Including QB's) 1pt for every 10yds Passing, Rushing & Receiving.
22nd yr in league. Won 3 Championships 2003, 2017 & 2018
QB: K. Murrary, R. Wilson
RB: J. Mixon, J. Williams, T. Etienne, A. Gibson, A.J. Dillon, C. Hubbard
WR: D. Hopkins, T. McLaurin, D.J. Moore, D. Smith, E. Moore, B. Edwards
TE: D. Knox
K: B. McManus
DEF: Buffalo
2021 Record (9-5)

6 Player Keeper League: Couchpotatoes
29th yr in league. Won 5 Championships 1993, 1995, 2005, 2015 & 2017
12 Team League, Non-PPR League, All TD's worth 6pts (Including QB's) 1pt for every 10yds Passing, Rushing & Receiving.
QB: J. Allen
RB: J. Taylor, N. Harris, D. Swift
WR: M. Pittman
TE: G. Kittle
K:
DEF:
2021 Record (11-3)

jbenz0208
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jbenz0208 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Swids19 wrote:I think you gave Bush away. With Bush being a solid RB1 in Miami you should have received more than you did. Just my opinion.

In my defense they said they plan to use Bush differently this year so I'm not sure what that means and it scares me. Also I have Lamar miller and Daniel Thomas and with bush in the last year of his contract I thought it made sense. Bush wouldn't start on my team with rice, lynch, and murray. That matter at all?

Swids19
Captain
Captain

Postby Swids19 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:05 pm

If you wanted to trade Bush, you could have made it known throughout your league that Bush is on the table and see what other offers came your way. You mihgt have gotten a better deal that whatyou received. You will never know unless you put it out to your league. You owe it to yourself & team to get the mist value for your starting players.

By the way, I see that you still haven't been able to make the Stafford trade yet. Just curious to see how that "plays out".....
Dynasty Team: Gridiron Knights
22nd yr in league. Won 3 Championships 2003, 2017 & 2018
QB: K. Murrary, R. Wilson
RB: J. Mixon, J. Williams, T. Etienne, A. Gibson, A.J. Dillon, C. Hubbard
WR: D. Hopkins, T. McLaurin, D.J. Moore, D. Smith, E. Moore, B. Edwards
TE: D. Knox
K: B. McManus
DEF: Buffalo
2021 Record (9-5)

6 Player Keeper League: Couchpotatoes
29th yr in league. Won 5 Championships 1993, 1995, 2005, 2015 & 2017
QB: J. Allen
RB: J. Taylor, N. Harris, D. Swift
WR: M. Pittman
TE: G. Kittle
K:
DEF:
2021 Record (11-3)

jbenz0208
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jbenz0208 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Swids19 wrote:If you wanted to trade Bush, you could have made it known throughout your league that Bush is on the table and see what other offers came your way. You mihgt have gotten a better deal that whatyou received. You will never know unless you put it out to your league. You owe it to yourself & team to get the mist value for your starting players.

By the way, I see that you still haven't been able to make the Stafford trade yet. Just curious to see how that "plays out".....

Stafford trade didn't work out-after multiple offers the other owner eventually backed out.

I made Bush available, didn't get too many offers. People were interested in my other RBs but I preferred to keep the core 3 and trade Bush who definitely wouldn't be starting for me and might not be a starter next year. Still awful?

Warren
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Warren » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:21 pm

I think you did fine. I wouldn't be discouraged at all. It sounds as if Titus is going to really come on strong this year. I can only imagine how hard it is to sell Bush, the player. People may say he's worth more, but I imagine he's a hard guy to get fair value for since his value is hard to gauge. He seems like a player who would attract lowball offers, which I really don't think you got. Maybe a tad low, but Titus Young should be producing long after Bush is gone. I just noticed that Titus Young Bush should not be in the same sentence on a fantasy football message board. Oops, did it again.
12 team dynasty non-ppr, all TDs worth 6 pts, no deductions for TOs, 25 man roster.
    Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex (WR/RB)
      QBs-Rodgers, Freeman, Locker, Kaepernick, Pryor.
        RBs-Forte, Mathews, Beanie, Stewart, Hunter, A.Green, Powell, Saine.
          WRs-Fitz, Julio, AJ Green, Crabtree, Meachem, Hankerson, G.Tate.
            TEs-J.Graham, V.Davis, Cameron.
              K-Metta World Tarsal.
                D-Texans.
                  2012 picks: 1.09, 3.05, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09.
                    Expanding rosters to 30 at rookie draft.

RGKID144
                    Player of the Year
                    Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:27 am

I think you did fine. I agree with the dude above, bush is a guy who will not warrant the value that he's worth in a trade. There's too much baggage with him. Between the way bush runs the ball, his durability concerns from the past, the new offense he's in, new coaching, lack of any other playmakers around him( loss of Marshall), and arrival of Lamar miller, I just don't see him being a clear cut rb1 this year, or ever again truthfully. He's already 27. I think this was the chance to get value for bush. Come 10 weeks from now, he literally may not be able to get u a second round pick. Titus will be a solid WR 3 for you for a long time to come with major upside. Nice deal.
                    Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Dak Prescott, Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
                    WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Zay Flowers, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown
                    RB: Bijan Robinson, Antonio Gibson, Tyler Algier, Cam Akers, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter.
                    TE: Matt La Porta, Evan Engram, David Njoku, Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

GoCowboys
                    Role Player
                    Role Player

Postby GoCowboys » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:51 am

titus is worth a lot more than reggie. u did great job here