Murray/Lynch trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
The Calipari Way
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Murray/Lynch trade

Postby The Calipari Way » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:29 am

12team/1pt PPR/6pt TD, 4pt TD for QB
QB:Stafford/Flynn
RB:Forte/Murray/Lynch/Hardesty/Jacobs/R.Jennings/K.Bell
WR:Jordy/Steve Johnson/Garçon/Wayne/Bess/Shipley
TE:F.Davis/Witten/Clark
K:Jano
D:Broncos
Picks:2.11/3.2/4.11/5.3

Trade I'm being offered:
Murray/Lynch/2.11
For
Mathews/M.Bush/Ridley

Smart/Dumb Fair/not??
Any help is awesome.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Murray/Lynch trade

Postby Blackout » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:51 am

If Murray can stay healthy, he's far better than Ridley and in a good system. Plus Ridley could be shadowed by Vereen.

Lynch is a beast, i'm happy to have him in my team :D Bush is just a "split carries RB" even if he deserves more like we saw when he filled for Run DMC, but he made a bad choice in rejoigning Chicago. He could have easily been a starter somewhere. And if i had well understood, you own both Bush and Forte so one should go away.

Nevertheless, losing Mathews is risky. But with pick 2.11, specially in a 12 team league, you can easily have a good rookie.

All depend on Murray and what you'll be able to grab in draft.

For me between you get and you lose, it's tough, but i think i'll get the trade.

The Calipari Way
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Calipari Way » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 am

My thinking is that Mathews is a top 5 RB for the future. If Forte holds out I can have Bush till he comes back. Ridley is young and has a chance to produce. The 2.11 doesn't excite me that much. So it comes down to if I want a top 5 RB, above avg backup, and a young RB with potential; over Lynch and Murray. I really don't have to make this move but i have a man crush on Mathews.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:27 am

Lynch/Murray side by a pretty good margin. No way would I make this deal
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

xGUACAMOLEx
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xGUACAMOLEx » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:37 am

There's a lot of risk involved in that trade. Murray has been nicked up since college, and he wasn't as good as people believe last year. He tore up a few really bad defenses. Lynch is also a risk, he was on for the last 7-8 games last year, can he do the same all year this year? Next year? Who knows.

A lot of people are saying Mathews is overvalued, but he's been a potential top 5 back for over a year now. This is the year he puts it together. If you think Murray can remain injury free and Lynch will be in "beast mode," I make the trade. If not I hold on to what you have.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:40 am

I'd rather roll with Mathews/Ridley than Murray/Lynch.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

The Calipari Way
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Calipari Way » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:45 am

I have Murray and Lynch. I'm thinking about getting Mathews. Way it looks I should make that trade.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:54 am

The Calipari Way wrote:I have Murray and Lynch. I'm thinking about getting Mathews. Way it looks I should make that trade.
Good luck. I don't like the idea of giving up 2 starters who can score in the top 10 for 1. Bush is a backup as is Ridley... But I think too many deals here some seem to think as long as you get the perceived "best player" then you should do it.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

The Calipari Way
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Calipari Way » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 pm

skip wrote:
The Calipari Way wrote:I have Murray and Lynch. I'm thinking about getting Mathews. Way it looks I should make that trade.
Good luck. I don't like the idea of giving up 2 starters who can score in the top 10 for 1. Bush is a backup as is Ridley... But I think too many deals here some seem to think as long as you get the perceived "best player" then you should do it.
I see what your saying. I am just worried with Forte not wanting to show up for camp and becomes a holdout. Bush is a backup but from everything we all have seen, he can be a 1. I don't think he takes the job from Forte, but it will make sure I have a starter in a good spot for the future. I also think I can have best backfield in the league with a Forte(if he doesnt hold out) and Mathews. Just based on fair/unfair and not rankings, you think it is a fair deal?

tra151
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tra151 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:52 pm

I like the Murray/lynch side as well. Murray could easily out score Mathews, if they both play a full season, not a given for either. I worry about lynch after getting paid, alot! But he still has a much better outlook than Ridley and bush. Plus you'd be thin if the forte contract thing gets worse or the timeshare is bad.
10 team dynasty ppr (1qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1k,1dst)
26 man roster
QB-Rodgers, Carr, Rudolph
RB-Mixon, Guice, Cohen, Drake, Dion Lewis, Damian Harris, Darwin Thompson, Mattison, Mostert, ADP
WR-Davante Adams, Tyreek, Golladay, AJ Green, Fitz, Josh Gordon, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, N’keal Harry
TE- Kittle, Jimmy Graham
NE DST Jax DST

The Calipari Way
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby The Calipari Way » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Well in that case, you think making a move to trade Forte would be the better idea? I do hate to trade Lynch cause I feel like he has everything he needs to be a top 5 back. The whole trade came about cause I feel like I need Bush to go with Forte, Mathews is top 5 RB IMO, and Ridley can be the guy in N.E. just as easy as Vareen. Be nice to get a couple more opinions on this. Can't make the wrong move here.

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 pm

skip wrote:Lynch/Murray side by a pretty good margin. No way would I make this deal
Agree 100%

GoCowboys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GoCowboys » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:29 pm

mathews but close