2024 Injury Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2024 Injury Thread

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed May 22, 2024 4:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:01 pm Kyren with a minor foot injury, McVay says they are going to be smart about it and hold him out of OTA's, but he'll be ready for training camp.
Seems to be a recurring issue with him. The people who drafted Corum well into their drafts may get a handsome payoff if his foot/ankle issues keep cropping up.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed May 22, 2024 5:49 am

Tucker Kraft with a Pec injury, arm in a sling. Out 'til training camp according to LaFleur.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 22, 2024 12:06 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:58 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:01 pm Kyren with a minor foot injury, McVay says they are going to be smart about it and hold him out of OTA's, but he'll be ready for training camp.
Seems to be a recurring issue with him. The people who drafted Corum well into their drafts may get a handsome payoff if his foot/ankle issues keep cropping up.
It's possible. McVay said he's fine, he'd be playing if it were games, they are just being smart about it, because they aren't even in pads yet. He didn't seem worried at all. No doubt Corum will do fine if Kyren misses time this season, he's a solid back. We already know he looks good in blue and yellow, too.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 22, 2024 12:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:06 pm
It's possible. McVay said he's fine, he'd be playing if it were games, they are just being smart about it, because they aren't even in pads yet. He didn't seem worried at all. No doubt Corum will do fine if Kyren misses time this season, he's a solid back. We already know he looks good in blue and yellow, too.
Not saying what will happen with Kyren, but a big reason why I like athletic players is they can get injured and still be reasonably athletic. A 4.6x rb plays injured and most of the time they’re toast.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 22, 2024 12:33 pm

following
D3:
QB—Allen, JJM RB—Gibbs, Kamara, Jacobs, LLOYD, Zamir, Edwards, Ford, Warren, McLaughlin WR—MHJ, Lamb, Olave, DJM, Shaheed, RICE, VJefferson TE—Engram, Muth, Washington, Kraft, THEO PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK, CORLEY, COWING, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING, MWASHINGTON TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS, Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE, Goff, Cousins, PENIX RB: Bijan, BRob, Zamir, Allgeier, McLaughlin, Hull WR: HARRISON, DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, COWING, Reynolds TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Hurst, WILEY, Trautman, Tremble, Dissly, Reiman

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 22, 2024 12:34 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:31 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:06 pm

Not saying what will happen with Kyren, but a big reason why I like athletic players is they can get injured and still be reasonably athletic. A 4.6x rb plays injured and most of the time they’re toast.
Agreed. However this doesn't seem to be serious at all. It's a case of knowing they are attempting to play a 20-21 game season, and just letting him rest for padless practices. I'd be concerned if it was the season and he's missing games, for sure, and something to monitor, as he has had some foot injuries before, but from everything McVay said, this is a big nothing burger that they just don't want to be foolish with and turn into something that may hinder him in the season, for no reason.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 22, 2024 12:36 pm

mild wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:49 am Tucker Kraft with a Pec injury, arm in a sling. Out 'til training camp according to LaFleur.
That's unfortunate. He looked solid towards the end of last year. Between Musgrave and Kraft, they have a nice solid 1/2 punch at TE, if both are healthy. That seems to be an issue though, as one or the other seems to be hurt, thus far in their short careers.
Janiel Dones Truther

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed May 22, 2024 2:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:36 pm
mild wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:49 am Tucker Kraft with a Pec injury, arm in a sling. Out 'til training camp according to LaFleur.
That's unfortunate. He looked solid towards the end of last year. Between Musgrave and Kraft, they have a nice solid 1/2 punch at TE, if both are healthy. That seems to be an issue though, as one or the other seems to be hurt, thus far in their short careers.
I'm a Musgrave truther, so I'm excited for him to get more reps. Zag when other's Zig!

Musgrave's injury last year almost completely coincided with Love really finding his form in the 2nd half of the season. We got a little taste of what the upside could be when he returned for the playoffs; Musgrave was outright making plays in the Cowboys demolition derby that we'd seen him fail on in the early weeks.

I'm excited to see more.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 22, 2024 2:52 pm

mild wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:35 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:36 pm
I'm a Musgrave truther, so I'm excited for him to get more reps. Zag when other's Zig!

Musgrave's injury last year almost completely coincided with Love really finding his form in the 2nd half of the season. We got a little taste of what the upside could be when he returned for the playoffs; Musgrave was outright making plays in the Cowboys demolition derby that we'd seen him fail on in the early weeks.

I'm excited to see more.
If he can get over his baby deer syndrome and stay on his feet, I think he can be really good.
Janiel Dones Truther

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed May 22, 2024 3:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:52 pm If he can get over his baby deer syndrome and stay on his feet, I think he can be really good.
Used to be we didn't expect finished products from 1st Year TE's, but I guess this last year changed all that huh. :D

I know you're already up with the play, but for those wanting in on the joke - that's a meme in the Packers locker room.

It's also exactly what I'm talking about in terms of the Week 1 -> Week 15+ progression.

Week 1:
https://youtu.be/FV9Ed-NNvcI?si=6yRXkQPALtswDkGi&t=56

Wild Card Round:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuNkXGIUMtA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 22, 2024 5:24 pm

mild wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:15 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:52 pm If he can get over his baby deer syndrome and stay on his feet, I think he can be really good.
Used to be we didn't expect finished products from 1st Year TE's, but I guess this last year changed all that huh. :D

I know you're already up with the play, but for those wanting in on the joke - that's a meme in the Packers locker room.

It's also exactly what I'm talking about in terms of the Week 1 -> Week 15+ progression.

Week 1:
https://youtu.be/FV9Ed-NNvcI?si=6yRXkQPALtswDkGi&t=56

Wild Card Round:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuNkXGIUMtA
:lol: Yeah, that's a good one. I'd forgotten about that, but it's funny to see another time.

I think both players can add to this offense, but Musgrave has the athleticism to be a real difference maker in that passing game, if he can pull it all together. Sadly, I moved him in my heavy TEP/SF league to get Penix, who fell as far as a I thought he should fall. Still got Laporta, McBride and Pitts :pray: , among a few others, but I definitely hated parting with Luke, just wasn't going to get the deal done without him.

I think that offense could be really good, with another year of seasoning, for all the young guys.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed May 22, 2024 6:56 pm

Michael Pittman left practice with a knee injury.

I think it's just a contusion, but obviously waiting to make sure.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 23, 2024 6:00 am

Worthy didn't participate, stood on the sidelines without a helmet, not sure what the issue is, though.
Janiel Dones Truther

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:06 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:00 am Worthy didn't participate, stood on the sidelines without a helmet, not sure what the issue is, though.
Hammy

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu May 23, 2024 6:12 am

It's May, zero concern for me. Just abundance of caution
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts