General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Malik Nabers Official Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2024 3:48 pm

TheTroll wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:44 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:43 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:30 am Wow. This guy hasn’t played a down in the NFL and he’s already better than Wilson. Have they got his bust ready for Canton yet?
If I offered Wilson for your MHJ, would you take it?
Ooooh here we go! 😀😀
It's legit question, and as I added, Nabers is 3 years younger than Wilson, so for future trade value (assuming they are similar players), you have much more re-sale value, in 3 years, lets say.

I like BB, and respect his opinion, but I am curious because this is a long time argument vs rookies, from Barkley, to Gurley, to Zeke etc etc.

The "he hasn't played a down yet" argument, absolutely has some merit, there is more inherent risk to a guy who hasn't shown he can do it in the league yet, but often times, when talking about really high end prospects, it's not a strong argument. Perhaps BB views Nabers as a lot lower a prospect than MHJ, or what Wilson was. I'd disagree, but he's entitled to his opinion.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue May 07, 2024 3:57 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:30 am Wow. This guy hasn’t played a down in the NFL and he’s already better than Wilson. Have they got his bust ready for Canton yet?

Also, the age gap is a real thing here. 21 vs 24. If you view Nabers and GW as close, you take the extra 3 years. Not only in production prime, but you have more resale value, all things being equal, in 3 years, lets say.
I’d take MHJ in a straight up trade for Wilson, but that’s because I believe he is that special of a talent that I’m willing to take the risk of being wrong. I just don’t see the “sure thing” with Nabers. He’s got work to do to get to that level IMO. That does not preclude that I do think he’ll be great, but then I already know Wilson is great. There’s the difference. Wilson is already the sure thing that Nabers hasn’t earned yet.

Now, I know where you’re going to go, that MHJ hasn’t proven it yet either. But MHJ has succeeded in exceptional situations that opposing Ds never felt they had to subject Nabers to, and that gives me the confidence in MHJ that I don’t have in Nabers yet. Again - it doesn’t mean that I think Nabers won’t succeed. But I can absolutely envision an NFL where Wilson is better than Nabers.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2024 3:59 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:57 pm

Also, the age gap is a real thing here. 21 vs 24. If you view Nabers and GW as close, you take the extra 3 years. Not only in production prime, but you have more resale value, all things being equal, in 3 years, lets say.
I’d take MHJ in a straight up trade for Wilson, but that’s because I believe he is that special of a talent that I’m willing to take the risk of being wrong. I just don’t see the “sure thing” with Nabers. He’s got work to do to get to that level IMO. That does not preclude that I do think he’ll be great, but then I already know Wilson is great. There’s the difference. Wilson is already the sure thing that Nabers hasn’t earned yet.

Now, I know where you’re going to go, that MHJ hasn’t proven it yet either. But MHJ has succeeded in exceptional situations that opposing Ds never felt they had to subject Nabers to, and that gives me the confidence in MHJ that I don’t have in Nabers yet. Again - it doesn’t mean that I think Nabers won’t succeed. But I can absolutely envision an NFL where Wilson is better than Nabers.
Fair. (read my above post for further context, but yeah, I did go there, but I understand your reasoning)
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue May 07, 2024 4:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:59 pm

Fair. (read my above post for further context, but yeah, I did go there, but I understand your reasoning)
Hey, I’m always willing to admit that I may be wrong. I like debating like we’re doing here because it gives me better perspective at the very least, makes me better informed, and provides insight that I’m missing something. It’s guys like you that make me enjoy this board so much.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:04 pm

Hey, I’m always willing to admit that I may be wrong. I like debating like we’re doing here because it gives me better perspective at the very least, makes me better informed, and provides insight that I’m missing something. It’s guys like you that make me enjoy this board so much.
:thumbup: Awesome.
Janiel Dones Truther

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue May 07, 2024 4:27 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:21 pm

For sure! Maybe this belongs in a new thread but can anyone remember such a competition between incoming rooks at the same position? Looking forward to seeing how 2024 plays out between these two!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue May 07, 2024 4:32 pm

TheTroll wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 4:27 pm

For sure! Maybe this belongs in a new thread but can anyone remember such a competition between incoming rooks at the same position? Looking forward to seeing how 2024 plays out between these two!
Leaf & Manning?

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 am

It was very similar with AJ Green and Julio Jones. Similarity - pre-draft more folks had AJG as the top guy (like MHJR) but there was a vocal minority on Julio (like we have with Nabers). Difference - the draft played out the opposite with JJ going to the situation that looked better. There were big debates on who should go first. In the end they were both great.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed May 08, 2024 3:09 am

tstafford wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 am

It was very similar with AJ Green and Julio Jones. Similarity - pre-draft more folks had AJG as the top guy (like MHJR) but there was a vocal minority on Julio (like we have with Nabers). Difference - the draft played out the opposite with JJ going to the situation that looked better. There were big debates on who should go first. In the end they were both great.
this is a good one! AJ vs JJ.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed May 08, 2024 4:09 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:09 am
tstafford wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 amIt was very similar with AJ Green and Julio Jones. Similarity - pre-draft more folks had AJG as the top guy (like MHJR) but there was a vocal minority on Julio (like we have with Nabers). Difference - the draft played out the opposite with JJ going to the situation that looked better. There were big debates on who should go first. In the end they were both great.
this is a good one! AJ vs JJ.
++
Very apt comparison. It would be nice if these two become as great as AJG+JJ. :clap:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed May 08, 2024 9:49 pm

tstafford wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:10 am

Outside of Nabers not being a true X receiver like MHJ, JJ, and AJG, this is exactly like I see the current MHJ/Nabers pairing.
Far and away the 2 best WR prospects in years.

You could even carry that comp down to draft capital.
As in 2011, AJ Green went 1.04 and Julio Jones went 1.06.
While in 2024, MHJ went at 1.04, while Malik Nabers went at 1.06.

For me it is like comparing Julio Jones (MHJ) to Ja'Marr Chase (Nabers).
Both are much better college prospects than Garrett Wilson was.
GW is a very good WR, but not on the MHJ/Nabers level of prospect.