Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue May 07, 2024 12:36 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:04 pm Where do we stand on Downs? I thought he didn't hit the threshold in that WR thread (can't find that). A guy is offering the 3.03 for him, and I think I drafted Downs late in the 3rd last year. Trying to see if he's worth more than the 3.03 where I'm targeting a TE in a TEP league. Sanders is who I'm after. KTC has Downs valued as a 24 2.09 pick.

So, Downs vs Sanders is the call here, in TEP.

FOUND IT: viewtopic.php?t=238937&hilit=downs&start=690
In one of my TEP leagues, I think I moved Downs + 3.10 to get Kraft. I think Downs is better used as a throw in to get a deal done rather than getting something for him straight up.

I would accept any 2nd for Downs in this class, especially if it’s TE Prem.

I think Downs is a good player, but it’s hard to see him creating a big impact for owners in fantasy football.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue May 07, 2024 2:06 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:36 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:04 pm Where do we stand on Downs? I thought he didn't hit the threshold in that WR thread (can't find that). A guy is offering the 3.03 for him, and I think I drafted Downs late in the 3rd last year. Trying to see if he's worth more than the 3.03 where I'm targeting a TE in a TEP league. Sanders is who I'm after. KTC has Downs valued as a 24 2.09 pick.

In one of my TEP leagues, I think I moved Downs + 3.10 to get Kraft. I think Downs is better used as a throw in to get a deal done rather than getting something for him straight up.

I think Downs is a good player, but it’s hard to see him creating a big impact for owners in fantasy football.
Yeah guy wants Downs for 3.03 he's OTC. I feel like that's too little. I tried Downs + 2025 3rd for 3.03 + Sinnott which he quickly rejected. Bowers, Sinnott and Sanders are the only TES off the board in this TEP league.

Players there include—RWilson, Franklin, Corley, Davis, McCaffrey, Irving, JBaker, Vidal, Estime, Shipley, Theo Johnson, etc. Worth it to give Downs and if so who would you take? I like Wilson there but is RWilson better than Downs? IDK.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed May 08, 2024 2:17 am

i'd ask for 3.03 and a future 3rd for downs, and pick javon baker. i like downs, he's a very good football player, but in fantasy he's bound to be pretty anonymous and replaceable. javon baker has opportunity and a higher ceiling, and you get another dart throw. it's underselling downs, but considering the times he'll be in your lineup, you aren't really losing much for those two thirds.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 08, 2024 6:20 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:06 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:36 pm

Yeah guy wants Downs for 3.03 he's OTC. I feel like that's too little. I tried Downs + 2025 3rd for 3.03 + Sinnott which he quickly rejected. Bowers, Sinnott and Sanders are the only TES off the board in this TEP league.

Players there include—RWilson, Franklin, Corley, Davis, McCaffrey, Irving, JBaker, Vidal, Estime, Shipley, Theo Johnson, etc. Worth it to give Downs and if so who would you take? I like Wilson there but is RWilson better than Downs? IDK.
I would trade Downs + 3rd to get Sinott if that’s possible.

Roman Wilson is really intriguing to me. I would probably take him if I traded for the 3.03. I would feel good about resetting my chances going from downs to Wilson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 10, 2024 12:28 pm

Daniels/Nabers already potentially in trouble. Made a 10 K bet on who would win rookie of the year, which is against the PCP. They've called it off, but already admitted to making it, so not sure if the NFL will play hard ball or not. Still, not a great look, as they clearly haven't been informed by their agents etc on the rules.

They haven't had their policy orientation yet, I doubt anything comes of it, but still.....need to be more aware.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Fri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:28 pm Daniels/Nabers already potentially in trouble. Made a 10 K bet on who would win rookie of the year, which is against the PCP. They've called it off, but already admitted to making it, so not sure if the NFL will play hard ball or not. Still, not a great look, as they clearly haven't been informed by their agents etc on the rules.

They haven't had their policy orientation yet, I doubt anything comes of it, but still.....need to be more aware.
Can’t wait until we hear the pundits talk about this on the next BetGM, FanDuel, DraftKings sponsored segment. :crazy:
Team 1 (Rebuild ): 12-tm SF 0.5PPR/1.0PP1D
QB: Williams, Young, Tannehill
RB: Herbert, Akers, Gibson, Wilson, Abanikanda
WR: MHJ, Nabers, Flowers, Pickens, Dotson, Downs, Chark, Boyd, Douglas
TE: Knox
Picks: 3 ‘25 1s, 4 ‘25 2s, ‘25 3

Team 2: 14-tm SF PPR/1.5TEP
QB: Burrow, Wilson, Lance
RB: JT, Mixon, Pollard, Laube, Guerendo, Hill, Patterson, Hines
WR: Hill, Cooper, DK, DJM, D. Samuel, Sutton
TE: Freiermuth, Gesicki, Hudson
Picks: ‘25 3rd, ‘25 4th

Team 3 10-tm SF PPR
QB: Mahomes/Dak/Cousins/Jones
RB: JT, Kamara, Jacobs, Zeke, Singletary, Moss
WR: AJB, Diggs, Allen, Cooper, Wilson, Kirk, Sutton, Williams, Bateman, E. Moore
TE: Goedert, Schultz, Granson, Hill
Picks: 1.07, 2.04, 2.07

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri May 10, 2024 12:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:28 pm Daniels/Nabers already potentially in trouble. Made a 10 K bet on who would win rookie of the year, which is against the PCP. They've called it off, but already admitted to making it, so not sure if the NFL will play hard ball or not. Still, not a great look, as they clearly haven't been informed by their agents etc on the rules.

If they haven't signed their contracts, they may not officially be NFL employees yet, and that rule may not fully apply to them.
I don't know. Just speculating.

Regardless, they should have known better than to engage in the bet. Actually, they DID know better. After it came out that Nabers had discussed it, Daniels said they talked to each other about the need to keep it a secret. But Nabers went on to discuss it publicly, then Daniels corroborated his account of the bet. :doh:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 10, 2024 1:27 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:58 pm

If they haven't signed their contracts, they may not officially be NFL employees yet, and that rule may not fully apply to them.
I don't know. Just speculating.

Regardless, they should have known better than to engage in the bet. Actually, they DID know better. After it came out that Nabers had discussed it, Daniels said they talked to each other about the need to keep it a secret. But Nabers went on to discuss it publicly, then Daniels corroborated his account of the bet. :doh:
Brutal.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 pm

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been much talk about Nabers maturity. He was arrested a few years ago and almost had a gun charge in New Orleans.

This bet thing with JD is probably nothing though.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 pm I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been much talk about Nabers maturity. He was arrested a few years ago and almost had a gun charge in New Orleans.

It's absolutely nothing. The only way it could be, is if they made it through an official platform where it's an official wager. It wasn't, and this is a big nothing.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:39 pm I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been much talk about Nabers maturity. He was arrested a few years ago and almost had a gun charge in New Orleans.

I think it was Nabers that said they were supposed to keep it a secret, but he let the cat out of the bag, and then Daniels corroborated it. They presumably knew it wasn't supposed to be done.

They won't get suspended, but it does show poor judgement. They need to wise up.
Janiel Dones Truther

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri May 10, 2024 4:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 pm

I think it was Nabers that said they were supposed to keep it a secret, but he let the cat out of the bag, and then Daniels corroborated it. They presumably knew it wasn't supposed to be done.

They won't get suspended, but it does show poor judgement. They need to wise up.
I look at it as a PR win for the NFL and their programs for rookies. It worked and they got educated.

Also having a gun in NO is a basic necessity. :-)
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:34 pm

In a 1 qb league, if you see Nix and Penix there in the third round, who are you taking? Maye and JJM lasted until 2.08 and 2.09 in one of my leagues, with Penix and Nix going 3.05 and 3.06. I'm hearing good things out of camp about Nix.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:11 am

I've seen a few posts about it, but how do you all feel about Nabers in NYG? Are you downgrading? Here's how I see the top three—

Harrison—great spot, WR1, will get a lot of targets, slight upgrade
Nabers—average QB, average WRs around him, should get targets, slight downgrade
Odunze—great QB situation, great WRs around him, short-term slight downgrade, long-term upgrade
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:19 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:11 am I've seen a few posts about it, but how do you all feel about Nabers in NYG? Are you downgrading? Here's how I see the top three—

Harrison—great spot, WR1, will get a lot of targets, slight upgrade
Nabers—average QB, average WRs around him, should get targets, slight downgrade
Odunze—great QB situation, great WRs around him, short-term slight downgrade, long-term upgrade
I had Nabers as WR1 predraft, here is my current ranking:

Harrison - great landing spot, slight upgrade
Nabers - bad landing spot, slight downgrade, QB questions and MetLife turf concerns
Odunze - bad landing spot, slight downgrade, QB questions and crowded WR room (maybe 1 day Caleb will be great QB situation, but not yet)
Last edited by MacDaddy123 on Mon May 13, 2024 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.