Adonai AD Mitchell Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Adonai AD Mitchell Official Thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 am

SN9-7Titans wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am He has 3 main reasons why I avoid him:

1. His yprr is bleep. And like 90% who has the same yprr ended up being busts or unproductive in fantasy

2. He's a body catcher which in the NFL is a red flag considering the player removes his arm length completely when catching any ball. It becomes irrelevant, and if a DB gets his hand in there, it's easier to defend than someone like Hopkins

3. His situation. Pittman is #1 and then there isn't much left outside of him. AR is the average RB who throws 30 times a game, 10 of those go to Pittman, the rest are split. You are basically hoping he gets 100+ yards and a TD of 3-4 targets, which Alec pierce could not.
To expand on this:

- Career 1.68 YPRR
- 1.75 YPRR vs. Zone Coverage
- 95.5 Targeted QB Rating vs. Zone
- 3.0 YAC/R (2.6 YAC/R excluding screens)
- .18 Targets Per Route Run
- Career 1.4 Receiving Yards Per Team Pass Attempt
- Career 1.2 YPRR vs. Press Coverage

There are a lot of very low statistical data points for Mitchell. You'd be hard pressed to find a really good WR who succeeded in spite of the above. That said, one of Mitchell's saving graces is how good he performs against man the last two years, which is about 3+ YPRR. His tape is full of very good flashes beating defenders in man.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue May 07, 2024 7:55 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 am
There are a lot of very low statistical data points for Mitchell. You'd be hard pressed to find a really good WR who succeeded in spite of the above. That said, one of Mitchell's saving graces is how good he performs against man the last two years, which is about 3+ YPRR. His tape is full of very good flashes beating defenders in man.
To expand on that:

Full of very good flashes beating very good (read: NFL drafted) defenders in man.***

His YPRR is low but as mentioned above, they did not give him the easy stuff at Texas. He didn't get boat loads of hitches, slants, etc. Those went to Worthy probably because it's better for AD to block for Worthy than vice versa. AD operated downfield and Ewers is to put it mildly.... erratic. Some of AD's best plays are him correcting what Ewers effed up.

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Tue May 07, 2024 8:40 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 am
SN9-7Titans wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am He has 3 main reasons why I avoid him:

1. His yprr is bleep. And like 90% who has the same yprr ended up being busts or unproductive in fantasy

2. He's a body catcher which in the NFL is a red flag considering the player removes his arm length completely when catching any ball. It becomes irrelevant, and if a DB gets his hand in there, it's easier to defend than someone like Hopkins

3. His situation. Pittman is #1 and then there isn't much left outside of him. AR is the average RB who throws 30 times a game, 10 of those go to Pittman, the rest are split. You are basically hoping he gets 100+ yards and a TD of 3-4 targets, which Alec pierce could not.
To expand on this:

- Career 1.68 YPRR
- 1.75 YPRR vs. Zone Coverage
- 95.5 Targeted QB Rating vs. Zone
- 3.0 YAC/R (2.6 YAC/R excluding screens)
- .18 Targets Per Route Run
- Career 1.4 Receiving Yards Per Team Pass Attempt
- Career 1.2 YPRR vs. Press Coverage

Yeah for me the absence of any YAC is surprising and problematic for someone that is 6'2" 200+lbs and RAS of 9.97 or something like that. You'd think the athletic ability would translate to YAC but there's literally nothing there for Mitchell. One thing the Underdog guys did say was that he was targeted downfield an incredible amount of times (30% of targets) so when you are 1:1 and possibly contested catch you may not have the same opportunity for YAC as someone that gets spoon fed 5 screens per game.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, T. Benson, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, KJ Osborn, M. Washington
TE: D. Njoku, D. Goedert, B. Sinnott

Draft picks:
2025 - 1st (Mid), 2nd, (early), 2nd (Late), 3rd, 4th, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th
2027 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue May 07, 2024 10:43 am

For the YPRR lovers.
Success by route.

Targets.
The takeaway here is that he was asked to be downfield and not given easy routes that went to Worthy.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:45 am

#EwersStinks

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Tue May 07, 2024 5:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:45 am #EwersStinks
I will be avoiding him at all costs when he goes top 6 in SF next year… just have never seen anything special in him.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 08, 2024 12:52 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:43 am For the YPRR lovers.
Success by route.

Targets.
The takeaway here is that he was asked to be downfield and not given easy routes that went to Worthy.
I think a lot of things are true at the same time:

- Ewers improved a little, but is still bad.
- Mitchell may have been underutilized given his success against man coverage
- Worthy may have got easier routes because he is really good after the catch and Mitchell has not shown anything comparable
- Mitchell is awful against zone, which limits his upside
- Overcoming a very weak collegiate statistical and analytics profile is not ideal

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed May 08, 2024 2:35 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:45 am #EwersStinks
Ewers McGooers

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:49 pm

So far I have no shares, sadly.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed May 08, 2024 3:46 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 2:49 pm So far I have no shares, sadly.
Thanks for your persistent updates on your shares. It adds a lot to discussions here and the community as a whole.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed May 08, 2024 4:00 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:46 pm
Thanks for your persistent updates on your shares. It adds a lot to discussions here and the community as a whole.
The guy is sad dude, chill

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed May 08, 2024 4:50 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:00 pm
The guy is sad dude, chill
🎶 mud flowed up into Lumps pajamas 🎶

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 pm

You think your post is more productive? I will take 20 of his comments over your trying to look cool by trying to make someone look bad.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed May 08, 2024 6:41 pm

lic217 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 pm
You think your post is more productive? I will take 20 of his comments over your trying to look cool by trying to make someone look bad.
:lol: :thumbup:

Browse about. You'll see hundreds of his comments. I don't have to try to make him look bad.

Back to the topic, which is basically #EwersIsTerrible

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 08, 2024 8:06 pm

lic217 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 pm
Thanks, man. I post up insight when I have it. Sometimes it IS valuable just to say, "I agree with the sentiment" or "I like Mitchell, wish I had more shares, haven't gotten any." Any opinions shared have the potential to sway or help or change opinion.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble