Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Re: 2024 Free Agency

Postby Shcritters » Thu May 02, 2024 4:32 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:00 am
mild wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:51 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:31 pm

I'm relaxed, and I personally don't care about calls from the peanut gallery. It's nothing more than a mild annoyance, and it's simply a guess due to his style of play, and his past knee issues. He could be great into his 30's, but I do have concerns. It will be interesting to see how paying a QB and TWO WR's big money will work out for Philly.
Imagine being triggered by opinions on a fantasy football forum. :lol:
:lol:
In real life, at a fantasy draft, when someone has a different opinion about a player and drafts him two rounds before you would have ... you laugh, take the player you liked better, and feel good about the difference of opinion. When everyone else has a different opinion about a player and he drops to you three rounds later than you think someone should have taken him ... you rejoice and love the difference of opinions in fantasy football.

However, in a fantasy football forum, when someone speaks the same differences of opinion, some shout at each other and get upset. :problem:
Ant, I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU AND THINK YOU’RE WRONG! I can’t wait for you to be proven incorrect!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu May 02, 2024 5:33 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:01 pm
mild wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:49 pm

Worrying about things that are 3 years away whilst a player is still in his prime is peak #dynasty

Gotta love those "impending heat death of the universe" flag plants :whistle:
Yeah relax everyone. I would never worry about a player’s value so prematurely

(viewtopic.php?p=2210198&hilit=Josh+allen#p2210198)
I'm relaxed, and I personally don't care about calls from the peanut gallery. It's nothing more than a mild annoyance, and it's simply a guess due to his style of play, and his past knee issues. He could be great into his 30's, but I do have concerns. It will be interesting to see how paying a QB and TWO WR's big money will work out for Philly.
I know, it was tongue in cheek. The link in that post was a thread I started last year about whether we should be worried about Josh Allen as a dynasty asset post-Daboll (lol)

As a (bandwagon) Eagles fan, I'm curious how paying all these guys plays out too

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 02, 2024 7:12 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:33 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:01 pm

Yeah relax everyone. I would never worry about a player’s value so prematurely

(viewtopic.php?p=2210198&hilit=Josh+allen#p2210198)
I know, it was tongue in cheek. The link in that post was a thread I started last year about whether we should be worried about Josh Allen as a dynasty asset post-Daboll (lol)

As a (bandwagon) Eagles fan, I'm curious how paying all these guys plays out too
Oh I know, I wasn't referencing you with the peanut gallery remark. The DLF block/mute feature has some faults, in that if you're replied to with a comment of someone else in there, you see the comments of someone you've blocked. Some people continue reply to people who have clearly, and openly moved on from interacting with them, taking jabs at them , trying to goad etc., which I find desperate, cowardly, childish and lame, but it's their prerogative.

In terms of AJB, he may well ball out into his 30's. Time will tell.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:20 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:12 am

Oh I know, I wasn't referencing you with the peanut gallery remark. The DLF block/mute feature has some faults, in that if you're replied to with a comment of someone else in there, you see the comments of someone you've blocked. Some people continue reply to people who have clearly, and openly moved on from interacting with them, taking jabs at them , trying to goad etc., which I find desperate, cowardly, childish and lame, but it's their prerogative.

Are you really concerned about his age 30 season though? He's only about to turn 27 next month

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 02, 2024 10:48 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:20 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:12 am

Are you really concerned about his age 30 season though? He's only about to turn 27 next month
I just was talking about the extension, and it's money, moreso. Diggs is falling off, and I thought his game was more age agnostic, so to speak. I'm not concerned as a Dynasty owner, I was just looking at it from the Eagles perspective, and how it might not be worth it by that point, but again, time will tell.

I am really interested to see how this way of team building works. Highly paid QB and 2 highly paid WR's.

This may be a new trend, or teams may do what the Bengals do, and try and tag one WR, and draft his replacement that year, like Higgins/Burton (assuming that's the plan).
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu May 02, 2024 11:49 am

Maybe there’s eventually regulation around this, but the Eagles (plus a few GMs that moved from Philly to other teams) have an extraordinary amount of dollars deferred into void years. They perpetually do this and the bill never really “comes due” because they can continue to defer the cap hits for current players. Some cash-poor teams don’t have the same flexibility, but Laurie is willing to outlay the cash to give the team the extra flexibility.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Statbomb/status ... 4573399405
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers,l
RB: Pacheco, Spears, Ray Davis, Hubbard, Khalil Herbert, McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Miles Sanders
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, Rashee, Keon Coleman, Pearsall, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, McCaffrey
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 02, 2024 1:09 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:49 am Maybe there’s eventually regulation around this, but the Eagles (plus a few GMs that moved from Philly to other teams) have an extraordinary amount of dollars deferred into void years. They perpetually do this and the bill never really “comes due” because they can continue to defer the cap hits for current players. Some cash-poor teams don’t have the same flexibility, but Laurie is willing to outlay the cash to give the team the extra flexibility.

Look at the Saints and tell me how the deferred payments are working for them

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:33 pm

Howie has done a good job timing when the vets get paid to coincide with when the rookie contracts come due . Keeping Cox & Graham around on short term while he has Davis & Carter on rookie deals.Just got two DBs that will be taking over for Big Play Slay & CGJ sooner than later.

Guessing that Dead Cap hits get less damaging after 2-3 years of AJ , Devonta & Hurts 🤕 if they need to pivot

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu May 02, 2024 3:38 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 11:49 am Maybe there’s eventually regulation around this, but the Eagles (plus a few GMs that moved from Philly to other teams) have an extraordinary amount of dollars deferred into void years. They perpetually do this and the bill never really “comes due” because they can continue to defer the cap hits for current players. Some cash-poor teams don’t have the same flexibility, but Laurie is willing to outlay the cash to give the team the extra flexibility.

That's interesting. I can see a new rule rule coming with current deals being grandfathered. Otherwise... Why wouldn't you keep spending tomorrows cap?
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu May 02, 2024 6:31 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:12 am Oh I know, I wasn't referencing you with the peanut gallery remark. The DLF block/mute feature has some faults, in that if you're replied to with a comment of someone else in there, you see the comments of someone you've blocked. Some people continue reply to people who have clearly, and openly moved on from interacting with them, taking jabs at them , trying to goad etc., which I find desperate, cowardly, childish and lame, but it's their prerogative.
Lamer than putting coded jabs at the user that you are "done with" in your signature and thinking you're clever?

Or lamer than "leaving" the DLF forums and making a whole thread about it... :lol:

Asking for a friend. Imagine being so thin-skinned in a public forum about another person's opinions when you've literally taken 27,000+ chances to share your own... How embarrassing.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 02, 2024 8:07 pm

81- wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:38 pm

That's interesting. I can see a new rule rule coming with current deals being grandfathered. Otherwise... Why wouldn't you keep spending tomorrows cap?
That is indeed interesting. I am surprised more GM's wouldn't do it. The NHL has some cap loopholes with injured players and the cap that the better teams have used in recent years, including the Lightning one of their championship years, with Kucherov and his injury.
Janiel Dones Truther

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri May 03, 2024 5:14 am

DJ Chark signing with Chargers on one year deal

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri May 03, 2024 6:51 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:14 am DJ Chark signing with Chargers on one year deal
Good signing.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri May 03, 2024 7:14 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:14 am DJ Chark signing with Chargers on one year deal
Chark is a better version of QJ. Buh bye QJ...

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri May 03, 2024 11:10 am

OBJ to Miami

Claypool to buffalo. 😆
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK