Why is it such a pain in the a** to trade with people?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SN9-7Titans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Why is it such a pain in the a** to trade with people?

Postby SN9-7Titans » Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 pm

10Team league, guy has the 3.10, i have the 4.02. I know that he has no clue who he is going to take just by the fact that he is taking so long. I have my guy. so i send him 4.02 + 2025 4th just to trade up 2 spots. What does he do? No response, goes on and off, probably watching youtube videos about the guys on the top, just to figure out how i might bleep him with this trade.... It's ridiculous.
Team NoDrama - 12Team SF 1.5 TEP

QB: Hurts, Tagovailoa, Ridder, Lance, Purdy, Stroud
RB: Hall, Gibbs, Dobbins, Dillon, White, Warren
WR: Higgins, JSN, Jeudy, Aiyuk, Dotson, Amon-Ra, Shakir, Michael Thomas, Gallup, Rondale Moore
TE: Goedert, Meyer, Kincaid, Jelani Woods, Jonnu Smith, Otton, Bryant, Kolar
Picks: 3.07, 4.07
----------------------------

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Why is it such a pain in the a** to trade with people?

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 02, 2024 2:20 pm

If it is that big a move for you then up the ante. There’s got to be a throw-in on your roster somewhere. Add a 4th next year? Make it happen.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Thu May 02, 2024 2:29 pm

SN9-7Titans wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 pm 10Team league, guy has the 3.10, i have the 4.02. I know that he has no clue who he is going to take just by the fact that he is taking so long. I have my guy. so i send him 4.02 + 2025 4th just to trade up 2 spots. What does he do? No response, goes on and off, probably watching youtube videos about the guys on the top, just to figure out how i might bleep him with this trade.... It's ridiculous.
I'm not sure sending a future 4th is going to get me to drop everything and respond to a ho hum offer. Maybe a better offer and you'd get his attention. Also using supplemental chat programs, like Groupme, you could directly message this person, "hey I sent you an offer."
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, T. Tagovailoa
RB: D. Swift, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, D. Smith, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, D. Wicks, J. Metchie, C. Claypool
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, T. Kraft
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
Taxi Squad: R. Ali, F. Gore Jr., J. Cowing, C. Johnson

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, I. Pacheco, D. Singletary, D. Pierce, E. Gray
WR: A. J. Brown, C. Olave, J. Waddle, D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed, A. T. Perry
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
Taxi Squad: R. Pearsall, B. Corum, D. Laube

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu May 02, 2024 2:56 pm

Rant Approved… you just need to remember that some owners are afraid of trading at all. Without trading in Dynasty they are stuck in permanent draft pick mode and they will either learn they need to also deal or they will leave the league.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 pm

I hear you. The guys in my leagues—

1. The Fair Guy—easy to deal with, nice, trades are always fair, we both win/lose.
2. The Card Shark—no matter what trade we do, he always seems to win.
3. The Oblivious One—doesn't pay attention, no idea on value, hates calculators, overdrafts, homer, high risk/reward.
4. The Bad Trade Guy—offers nothing but bad trades, way off, really bad. Impossible to trade with.
5. The Hobbyist Sucker—you can trade with this guy, always shoots himself in the foot, if you can get to him first.
6. The Overpay—the only way he'll trade is if you REALLY overpay him. He'll do it, but it'll cost.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 02, 2024 3:11 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 pm I hear you. The guys in my leagues—

1. The Fair Guy—easy to deal with, nice, trades are always fair, we both win/lose.
3. The Oblivious One—doesn't pay attention, no idea on value, hates calculators, overdrafts, homer, high risk/reward.
4. The Bad Trade Guy—offers nothing but bad trades, way off, really bad. Impossible to trade with.
5. The Hobbyist Sucker—you can trade with this guy, always shoots himself in the foot, if you can get to him first.
6. The Overpay—the only way he'll trade is if you REALLY overpay him. He'll do it, but it'll cost.
Which one are you?

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:17 pm

SN9-7Titans wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:16 pm 10Team league, guy has the 3.10, i have the 4.02. I know that he has no clue who he is going to take just by the fact that he is taking so long. I have my guy. so i send him 4.02 + 2025 4th just to trade up 2 spots. What does he do? No response, goes on and off, probably watching youtube videos about the guys on the top, just to figure out how i might bleep him with this trade.... It's ridiculous.
It's called " Due Diligence"

He's maybe torn over two guys and moving back he might not get either.

If yours is a good team that 2025 pick might be the 4.08 or later vs taking a guy at 3.10 when it's likely the 4.08 is an even longer longshot.

Your offer while fair is the one where you get YOUR guy while he gets two longshots. There are tier breaks and I don't know if that is the case here but I certainly have been victimized in plenty of cases by the pick right before mine being a guy I liked to then becoming a pick I don't even want .

Maybe offer your 3rd next year and keep your 4.02 ? Or would that not be comfortable for you? That would be my counter if I thought I'd lose a guy that I like this year for a cpl of 4th Rd picks

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:19 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:11 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:05 pm I hear you. The guys in my leagues—

Which one are you?
Number 7. Thee OVERPAYER ... if I want a guy then I'll give extra to close the deal

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 pm

Which one are you?
#1 of course, the fair guy.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu May 02, 2024 3:35 pm

Which one are you?
Can I answer for him?

I'm going with 5 😆
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu May 02, 2024 3:37 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 pm

Which one are you?
Nah , you're solidly a #3 solely based on the "homer" factor alone. Probably could get (4) 1'sts & a cpl of 2nds for Caleb about now :surprised:

Bronco Billy
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu May 02, 2024 3:39 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:23 pm

Which one are you?
:roll:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu May 02, 2024 3:55 pm

I’m in a 16 team league where every owner rapid fire uses their draft picks. By the time it takes me to send an offer (I’ll send an offer the second they’re otc) they immediately spam a draft pick. It’s infuriating. I could offer the biggest overpay and they’ll ignore and fire off a pick.

Edit: I should mention they are not auto picks.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Thu May 02, 2024 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu May 02, 2024 4:00 pm

SPEED DRAFTING like the chess players do on a clock time

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu May 02, 2024 5:41 pm

If you don’t know who #3 and #5 are in your league then it is probably you.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Caleb, Purdy, Levis, Penix
RB: Pacheco, Estime, Vaughn
WR: Nabers, Coleman, Downs, EMoore, Jeudy, Burton, MMims, MWilson
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Sinnott, Mayer
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths

SafeLeague #2
QB: Caleb, Richardson, Purdy, JJMcCarthy
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Nabers, Worthy, McConkey, Brian Thomas Jr, Pearsall, Mims, Burton, Mingo, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Bowers, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker
2025: 3 1sts, 2 2nds