Predictions for the Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Predictions for the Draft

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm How many targets is George Pickens getting this year?
I imagine somewhere between 2023 Courtland Sutton's 90 targets and 2023 Drake London's 110 targets.

2023's fantasy WR35 and WR39 salute you and thank you for your service. 🫡

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:58 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 pm
jordanzs wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:15 pm Just got off a plane and noticing that Troy Franklin hasn’t been drafted. Wasn’t he supposed to be in the mix of round 1 receivers?
The gauntlet told you all you needed to know. He is a straight line player in a league that is stopping that.
Was he Matt Waldman's WR1?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 pm

I think people are taking what Kyren did last year, and how much the staff value him rather lightly, to think a guy who's basically the same age as him that was playing in college last year while he was doing what he did in the pros, is going to come in and put him on the bench for half the touches.

I could be wrong, though. I'm a Wolverines fan, love the kid. I'm bummed about this though. I wanted him to go somewhere like the Chargers, without an established, proven starter. That would have been too perfect.
But we’ve seen this before with James Robinson. Idk why coaches hate RBs that produce but have low draft capital. And I get your logic, but why make this pick then, when they did it? I agree Chargers would have been better, but I like the Rams spot. I’m also biased tho, and also a UofM fan :D
Corum isn't ETN, though. Not really the same thing, here. I am hoping he can get some run, I want to see Corum play. We'll see how it shakes out.
He’s not, so I don’t think the magnitude is the same, but I think it’s still there, just to a lesser extent. Etn made Robinson jobless, I don’t think Corum does that. I’m rooting for Corum too, really easy guy to root for imo. Gives back and has a great attitude

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:05 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 pm
jordanzs wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:15 pm Just got off a plane and noticing that Troy Franklin hasn’t been drafted. Wasn’t he supposed to be in the mix of round 1 receivers?
The gauntlet told you all you needed to know. He is a straight line player in a league that is stopping that.
The league literally thinks Luke McCaffrey is a better bet :lol:

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:43 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm
Lumps wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:35 pm Where are the Kyren truthers?
Not a truther, but the Rams literally have 0 capable RBs behind Williams. I don't understand people saying they're drafting Corum to replace him. Doesn't seem to match reality

They needed RB depth and this was always a guarantee.
Bingo. I do think Corum will lighten Kyren's load at some point though. Kyren isn't built for 30 plus touch games every damn week.
I think this could be a true 50-50 situation. They both look like they're interchangeable so the Rams won't miss a beat when Kyren goes off the field.

There's no way Kyren could handle a full workload so this will help him stay healthy and play every week. He won't have the gaudy numbers he had last season but he will still put up pretty good numbers. Nobody should have banked on the Rams not adding a rb to the room.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:00 pm

Don't forget the Rams beefed up their oline to the point Avila is switching to center. There will be big bodies in front of the Rams rb and they're all good linemen.

Both rbs should be able to run almost at will. We know Kyren can and will see what corum can do.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm

• Couple of questions—with barely three TEs going in the first three rounds, are we writing off the guys not taken yet?
• The rule of thumb with WRs and draft capital is first three rounds. With so much depth AT WR are you still digging WRs not yet drafted?
• Such as guys like Franklin, Baker, JWilson, Rice, TWashington, MWashington, Cowing, Walker, Thrash, etc.?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm

Not a truther, but the Rams literally have 0 capable RBs behind Williams. I don't understand people saying they're drafting Corum to replace him. Doesn't seem to match reality

They needed RB depth and this was always a guarantee.
Bingo. I do think Corum will lighten Kyren's load at some point though. Kyren isn't built for 30 plus touch games every damn week.
I think this could be a true 50-50 situation. They both look like they're interchangeable so the Rams won't miss a beat when Kyren goes off the field.

There's no way Kyren could handle a full workload so this will help him stay healthy and play every week. He won't have the gaudy numbers he had last season but he will still put up pretty good numbers. Nobody should have banked on the Rams not adding a rb to the room.
Oh, it was banked on, no doubt. I'm just pushing back on the 50/50 split idea, especially early in the season. It's just not likely. Even early round 2 guys take a good month and a half to 2 months to see more time, consistently.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 pm

Oh, it was banked on, no doubt. I'm just pushing back on the 50/50 split idea, especially early in the season. It's just not likely. Even early round 2 guys take a good month and a half to 2 months to see more time, consistently.
You’re saying even early round 2 RBs are incapable of starting their rookie year? There’s loads of history of rookie RBs who hit the ground running (pun intended) in the NFL.

Again, I’m not saying Corum sends Williams to the bench. But given what Corum has shown the last 2 years - and let’s not lose track that Corum did what he did last year coming back from a late season knee injury the year before - there’s no reason to think he couldn’t cut out a meaningful slice of the pie from the jump.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am

You’re saying even early round 2 RBs are incapable of starting their rookie year? There’s loads of history of rookie RBs who hit the ground running (pun intended) in the NFL.

Again, I’m not saying Corum sends Williams to the bench. But given what Corum has shown the last 2 years - and let’s not lose track that Corum did what he did last year coming back from a late season knee injury the year before - there’s no reason to think he couldn’t cut out a meaningful slice of the pie from the jump.
No, I'm saying it's uncommon, right away, with an established back already there. Chubb, Swift, KW etc etc, and often their role was increased due to injury ahead of them.

I think Corum will definitely get touches, but I don't think Kyren is going to lose his role as the main RB in LA.

I wouldn't be drafting Corum assuming he's going to be a consistent FF producer, that's for sure.

I mean, McVay said Corum had a lot of traits that reminded him of Kyren, then starts gushing about Kyren. :lol: IDK, time will tell, but I do think Corum will take some touches from Kyren, I just can't imagine drafting Corum expecting him to be a guy I can be starting in my FF lineup unless there's an injury.
Janiel Dones Truther

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am

All I know is that some of these backfields better perform because the RB wrecking ball is coming in 2025. Judkins, Singleton and Henderson are going to take starting roles immediately and eat. Maybe Ollie Gordon and Jeanty too so I would be open to moving guys like Zamir and whoever starts for DAL and stuff like that as they could be one year wonders.

For day 3, I want to see where RB Shipley, WR Franklin, TE Sanders and QB Rattler land.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:12 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am

No, I'm saying it's uncommon, right away, with an established back already there. Chubb, Swift, KW etc etc, and often their role was increased due to injury ahead of them.

I think Corum will definitely get touches, but I don't think Kyren is going to lose his role as the main RB in LA.

I wouldn't be drafting Corum assuming he's going to be a consistent FF producer, that's for sure.

I mean, McVay said Corum had a lot of traits that reminded him of Kyren, then starts gushing about Kyren. :lol: IDK, time will tell, but I do think Corum will take some touches from Kyren, I just can't imagine drafting Corum expecting him to be a guy I can be starting in my FF lineup unless there's an injury.
And hey…if Corum doesn’t work out, The Rams could always trade him to Harbaugh. He wouldn’t even have to change his locker number. 😎
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am

Needalife wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am All I know is that some of these backfields better perform because the RB wrecking ball is coming in 2025. Judkins, Singleton and Henderson are going to take starting roles immediately and eat. Maybe Ollie Gordon and Jeanty too so I would be open to moving guys like Zamir and whoever starts for DAL and stuff like that as they could be one year wonders.

For day 3, I want to see where RB Shipley, WR Franklin, TE Sanders and QB Rattler land.
Agreed. Very interested to see where Shipley lands.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:33 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am
Needalife wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 am All I know is that some of these backfields better perform because the RB wrecking ball is coming in 2025. Judkins, Singleton and Henderson are going to take starting roles immediately and eat. Maybe Ollie Gordon and Jeanty too so I would be open to moving guys like Zamir and whoever starts for DAL and stuff like that as they could be one year wonders.

If Henderson were that good he would have come out this year, in a really weak class. I mean, he's still likely a day 2 pick, but he's not that great.
Janiel Dones Truther

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am

Rattler just feels like a Raider…doesn’t he? You have history there that is The Snake😛
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5