Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Predictions for the Draft

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:15 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:09 pm

Have seen in a couple spots that Mitchell is on their do not draft list.
Really? Do they say why? I think he’s a better WR than both Worthy and Legette, and not by a small margin.
He doesn’t handle his diabetes responsibly and becomes abrasive and difficult when low. Also that he is incoachable at times.
It sounds like the whole problem is tied to his managing his diabetes. The reports are when his blood sugar is right he’s pleasant, attentive, hard working, and loves the game.

If you have to fix a guy’s flaw(s), this one seems to be a relatively simple one to deal with.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm

Coleman to BUF. Gross. Hate it.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm

Geez, hate the Coleman pick by BUF. I think they out-thunk themselves.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:21 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 pm Geez, hate the Coleman pick by BUF. I think they out-thunk themselves.
Agree.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm

Love the McConkey pick!

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm

Wow ... the AD Mitchell slide is well underway.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm Love the McConkey pick!
+1. Good pick and Herbert should love him.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:26 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:15 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:43 pm

Really? Do they say why? I think he’s a better WR than both Worthy and Legette, and not by a small margin.
He doesn’t handle his diabetes responsibly and becomes abrasive and difficult when low. Also that he is incoachable at times.
It sounds like the whole problem is tied to his managing his diabetes. The reports are when his blood sugar is right he’s pleasant, attentive, hard working, and loves the game.

If you have to fix a guy’s flaw(s), this one seems to be a relatively simple one to deal with.
I feel like I've said this a lot before and it's still burned me. Kinda like Treylon Burks in ways

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm
+1. Good pick and Herbert should love him.
x2 Ladd should jump up a little now

Not sure how to feel about Keon. Red flags everywhere, but would it be crazy if he puts up numbers with Allen?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:16 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am Okay you have to take him. Do you have to take him at 8???
Of course they're going to double down. They just made the pick. I'm sure everyone in the building isn't a fan of the move though. The decision is just way too flawed. There's already reports that this is an ownership driven move.
The funniest thing I saw was what looked like Terry Fontenot explaining himself to Arthur Blank in the wake of the pick. There is a chance this was not an ownership pick at all.

The wildest tidbit I've read is that the Falcons didn't even bring Penix in for a Top 30 visit. They attended one solitary 45 minute workout with him + a 45 minute interview. And then drafted him 8 overall. Legitimately: wild man moves from Fontenot + Raheem Morris.
Michael Penix Jr. did not take a top-30 visit to Flowery Branch. The Falcons only attended a 45 minute workout and met with him at the Combine.

It’s almost unheard of for a QB taken in the 1st to NOT be on a teams top-30.
In the end, ATL felt comfortable with the work they did.
I'll defend the pick just for a touch: if you wanted Penix in this draft, this was the range. Multiple teams were trying to get up into the Top 10 to take him. If you wanted him - and you were a believer - then this wasn't an overdraft at 8. I'm on the record already as preferring Penix over JJM at cost, and it's always nice to see the NFL agree with me.

But yes, there are obvious flaws to this pick. Potentially alienating Cousins: check. Using probably at least two of the first four cost-controlled years of Penix's rookie deal to have him riding the bench and learning (the whole point of having a cheap contract at the position) - check. (Cousins' contract has an out after 2 years)
Having him be 27 or even 28 before he even takes starters snaps: yep, check.

On the upside - if there's one thing we know about QB's in their age 36 season coming off an achilles injury... sometimes you might need a healthy(ish) backup plan. So at least they've got something there in case Cousins' rehab hits a snag, or he gets injured again this season.

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm

McConkeys value has significantly raised I think. He was already my WR4 but I might slot him at 3 ahead of Odunze. Call me crazy, but I’m not much of a believer in Rome

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm

NathanielWegman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm McConkeys value has significantly raised I think. He was already my WR4 but I might slot him at 3 ahead of Odunze. Call me crazy, but I’m not much of a believer in Rome
You're fkn crazy :lol:

But yes, Ladd is definitely up.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:38 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm Wow ... the AD Mitchell slide is well underway.
He must have bombed his interviews so bad.

Jalen Polk just went ahead of him.

Loved him pre-draft, but there's no two ways 'bout it. We must #adjust.

NathanielWegman
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NathanielWegman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:41 pm

mild wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm
NathanielWegman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm McConkeys value has significantly raised I think. He was already my WR4 but I might slot him at 3 ahead of Odunze. Call me crazy, but I’m not much of a believer in Rome
You're fkn crazy :lol:

But yes, Ladd is definitely up.
I’ve heard this more than once haha

I’m also a Georgia fan, so that makes me over value Ladd lol

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm

Yep. Me too.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: