Predictions for the Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Predictions for the Draft

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 am

81- wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 am Can anyone make a case for atl? I'm still miffed at it
i've seen a take that it's about job security: they shouldn't stink in the next couple of years, and then they have a strong case to get a couple more years to see how it goes with the QB they groomed. get 2 QBs in, get 4 years in the job. makes sense.

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 am

81- wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 am Can anyone make a case for atl? I'm still miffed at it
No lol, I have no idea what TF that was all about. The closest thing I've heard to something I can accept is that ATL has an out after the 26 season so they will groom Penix for that moment... when he's like 27 years old. I think they are trying to mimic the Packers and Jordan Love experience but the problem with that is Love was super young when he was drafted and is currently 25 when he got the chance to start.

So waste a top 10 pick on a backup QB, not great. At least the packers spent like a 20 something pick on Love. I also guarantee that this was not pitched when they signed Cousins, it's not like they said he we're going to give you the keys but you're successor will be drafted this year with a premium pick that could've helped the team win now. Not a great look.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, T. Benson, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, KJ Osborn, M. Washington
TE: D. Njoku, D. Goedert, B. Sinnott

Draft picks:
2025 - 1st (Mid), 2nd, (early), 2nd (Late), 3rd, 4th, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 4th
2027 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:22 am I think he has a no trade clause. So he has to be happy to go to a team before he agrees to be traded. I'm positive he and his agent wanted a 2 year deal and then they could go wherever they want after that. Some team will pay him even though he won't win anything in Atlanta.
Cousins does have a no-trade clause. At the moment Atlanta decides to start Penix, Cousins will have to make the decision of being the best backup QB in the NFL, or accepting a trade that will allow him to start for a team not named the Falcons. I already know what he'll decide, and it does not involve the state of Georgia.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:22 am
i've seen a take that it's about job security: they shouldn't stink in the next couple of years, and then they have a strong case to get a couple more years to see how it goes with the QB they groomed. get 2 QBs in, get 4 years in the job. makes sense.
If that is the play they should clean house today.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am

"If you believe in a quarterback, you have to take him," general manager Terry Fontenot told reporters. "And if he sits for four or five years, that's a great problem to have because we're doing so well at that position. So, it's as simple as, if you see a guy you believe in at that position, you have to take him."

I still don't get it. I feel like that justification makes the pick sound even dumber...
Okay you have to take him. Do you have to take him at 8???

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:22 am I think he has a no trade clause. So he has to be happy to go to a team before he agrees to be traded. I'm positive he and his agent wanted a 2 year deal and then they could go wherever they want after that. Some team will pay him even though he won't win anything in Atlanta.
Cousins does have a no-trade clause. At the moment Atlanta decides to start Penix, Cousins will have to make the decision of being the best backup QB in the NFL, or accepting a trade that will allow him to start for a team not named the Falcons. I already know what he'll decide, and it does not involve the state of Georgia.
Correct, it'll be a Rodgers type situation. Cousins will have the opportunity to pick his destination if he still wants to play when he's 38/39+.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:47 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am "If you believe in a quarterback, you have to take him," general manager Terry Fontenot told reporters. "And if he sits for four or five years, that's a great problem to have because we're doing so well at that position. So, it's as simple as, if you see a guy you believe in at that position, you have to take him."

I still don't get it. I feel like that justification makes the pick sound even dumber...
I don't think ATL knows they can trade down

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:47 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am "If you believe in a quarterback, you have to take him," general manager Terry Fontenot told reporters. "And if he sits for four or five years, that's a great problem to have because we're doing so well at that position. So, it's as simple as, if you see a guy you believe in at that position, you have to take him."

I don't think ATL knows they can trade down
lol I'm just imagining them watching other teams trade down after them

"Wait you're allowed to do that??"

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:16 am

Of course they're going to double down. They just made the pick. I'm sure everyone in the building isn't a fan of the move though. The decision is just way too flawed. There's already reports that this is an ownership driven move.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 am

Kind of confused why the FF analysts are now down on Nabers for '24 redraft. First off, he went exactly where we thought he would so it's not a surprise. Second, if he's actually as good as G.Wilson why aren't we projecting him to have a similar rookie year to Wilson? Is Daniel Jones that much worse than the combination of Z.Wilson, M. White and Flacco?

If Nabers is as good as folks say he is, how is being the obvious WR1 for NYG a bad thing? CBS folks said - MHJR should go mid-3rd round and Nabers outside the top-60 picks (1QB, PPR). That doesn't track for me.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 am Kind of confused why the FF analysts are now down on Nabers for '24 redraft. First off, he went exactly where we thought he would so it's not a surprise. Second, if he's actually as good as G.Wilson why aren't we projecting him to have a similar rookie year to Wilson? Is Daniel Jones that much worse than the combination of Z.Wilson, M. White and Flacco?

If Nabers is as good as folks say he is, how is being the obvious WR1 for NYG a bad thing? CBS folks said - MHJR should go mid-3rd round and Nabers outside the top-60 picks (1QB, PPR). That doesn't track for me.
Giants spot is fine. Issue is he's receiving passes from Daniel Jones rather than Justin Herbert in LA that many of us saw as the ideal spot. I still think the G Wilson range of outcomes seems very possible/maybe even likely. I just don't see the JJ/Chase type historical rookie season outcome so many on here were expecting.

So I think it's just overly high expectations coming back down to earth where they probably should have been.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:37 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 am Kind of confused why the FF analysts are now down on Nabers for '24 redraft. First off, he went exactly where we thought he would so it's not a surprise. Second, if he's actually as good as G.Wilson why aren't we projecting him to have a similar rookie year to Wilson? Is Daniel Jones that much worse than the combination of Z.Wilson, M. White and Flacco?

if slayton got 770 yards with de vito and taylor i'm not worried.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 am

CGW wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 am

Giants spot is fine. Issue is he's receiving passes from Daniel Jones rather than Justin Herbert in LA that many of us saw as the ideal spot. I still think the G Wilson range of outcomes seems very possible/maybe even likely. I just don't see the JJ/Chase type historical rookie season outcome so many on here were expecting.

So I think it's just overly high expectations coming back down to earth where they probably should have been.
Ok. From the perspective I suppose I get it. Before the draft (and now) I'd be pounding the under on 81/1455/13 for Nabers as a rookie! Last year Waddle ended up as WR#24 on a PPG basis with a line of 72/1014/72 for 17 weeks - I'd put that as a reasonable O/U for Nabers. Probably lean toward the under but he's the only game in town.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:44 am

CGW wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:36 am

Expecting JJ and Chase seasons is just asking for disappointment. Nabers is good. Give him some time and he should thrive nearly anywhere. Herbert would have been more ideal though for sure. I think Wilson is a good comp situationally

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 am

Thanks guys for talking me off the ledge on Bowers. In reading a lot of evaluations and comments here, I can see that Bowers is still a guy I can take at 1.06 in Superflex TEP and be happy. I also am not worried about Odunze in CHI at all, OR with this hurting DJM's value. There is room for everyone. If Caleb can get to 4000 (and why not) I could see—

DJM 1000
Allen 800
Odunze 800
Kmet 500
Swift 300
Everett 300
Everyone else 300

It's going to be all about DJM, Allen, and Odunze with some Kmet and Swift sprinkled in. And then when Allen is gone in 2-3 years some of those balls will go to Odunze.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble