Legend
Legend

Re: Predictions for the Draft

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:53 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:47 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 pm

Why?
They have Musgrave. They don't have a decent QB. I'd rather take Odunze now. Maybe even JJM. You don't hate the landing spot? You aren't down-grading him based on this?
I'll let that slide.

Bowers is one of the best TE prospects in years, and he went 13th overall. He was the first pick of this GM's tenure in Vegas. Why on earth would the current TE1 on the team who isn't a proven NFL producer, make you shift gears?

I don't get the logic. Odunze has a rookie QB, and 2 legit NFL producers ahead of him, but he's UPGRADED now?

I get very careful when trying to create narratives on players. Things change quickly in the NFL. AJ Brown was downgraded due to landing spot. CEH was pushed up due to landing spot. Be careful about moving a player up or down too much due to a perceived bad spot, that's what I'm trying to get at.
Sorry, Mayer, yes. To me, who is QB in LVR? And we're not worried about Mayer at all? IDK. I know Odunze won't be a WR1 to start, but Allen will be gone in a few years, and I see it as 1A and 1B in Chicago. People were already saying 1.06 was too early to take Bowers in a Superflex, even with TEP. You disagree?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 pm

mild wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:55 pm

They have Musgrave. They don't have a decent QB. I'd rather take Odunze now. Maybe even JJM. You don't hate the landing spot? You aren't down-grading him based on this?
I'll let that slide.

Bowers is one of the best TE prospects in years, and he went 13th overall. He was the first pick of this GM's tenure in Vegas. Why on earth would the current TE1 on the team who isn't a proven NFL producer, make you shift gears?
Disclaimer*

FantasyFreak is a long suffering Raiders fan who always believes the best of his team's decision making prowess and roster.

Until proven horrifyingly otherwise. Repeatedly. **
Seriously?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 pm

saw061600 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 pm Raiders just threw their hat in the mix for worst pick with the Falcons. Not because Bowers is bad but because...why draft another TE?
BPA.

As someone who sat through the Gruden era reaches, for "need", I don't mind it at all. He was the best prospect on the board. Mayer is a nice player. You're allowed to use 2 TE's. Bowers can play multiple positions, Mayer can be put elsewhere as well. He's done it. Bowers was by far the highest rated prospect, so they took him.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:10 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 pm

I'll let that slide.

I don't get the logic. Odunze has a rookie QB, and 2 legit NFL producers ahead of him, but he's UPGRADED now?

I get very careful when trying to create narratives on players. Things change quickly in the NFL. AJ Brown was downgraded due to landing spot. CEH was pushed up due to landing spot. Be careful about moving a player up or down too much due to a perceived bad spot, that's what I'm trying to get at.
Sorry, Mayer, yes. To me, who is QB in LVR? And we're not worried about Mayer at all? IDK. I know Odunze won't be a WR1 to start, but Allen will be gone in a few years, and I see it as 1A and 1B in Chicago. People were already saying 1.06 was too early to take Bowers in a Superflex, even with TEP. You disagree?
Minshew is, for now. I am not worried about Mayer, no. Mayer is the big loser here, for FF. However in terms of real football, they now have 2 quality young TE's.

I am not saying to take him or not, but I wouldn't move off of a player so easily, if you believed he's the best player before the draft. You can concoct narratives very easily. I could say that Caleb may be a disappointment, and Odunze will struggle to separate vs NFL corners. It may or may not be true.

There are things we can't predict. I am a Michigan fan, and think JJ was massively overdrafted. BUT, he has a good situation. It really depends how much you put into your evaluation of a player, vs your evaluation of a situation.

For myself, I have mis evaluated situations that took me out of good players, more than vice versa. One situation where I didn't, is when I took AJB and traded for him in a lot of places because he went to Tennessee, and he fell due to "landing spot". His talent overcame it, and he then got traded to an even better situation, and is clearly one of the better picks from that draft class, when all is said and done. I'm sure those who passed on him because of the Titans offense, regret it.

You might be right, and you're evaluation of the landing spot means Bowers isn't a good producer. He might also be really good, and he produces in a dome, playing in games where the Raiders are likely trailing vs the Chiefs, Chargers, etc, if the Raiders aren't good.

It's up to you, I just don't see it as that bad.
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm I heard the Falcons brass called Kirk after the pick and said:

"HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!!????"
And he would say "I'm loving it".

He gets $100m the next two seasons and then the falcons will cut him after the 25 season. Then he will do it all over again, except for more money.

Ha may not know how to win on the field but he is the best contract signer ever. Has there ever been a qb with a better contract sum over talent level in the history of the nfl?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:40 pmAOC getting a great weapon
Still not too late to get AOC on the cheap. Bowers is going to be great in LV, and fit in very nicely.

Speaking of AOC, I think it's only fantasy managers who are slow to realize who he is ...
https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/las-vega ... aft-purdue
"After what I saw last year, I would have Aidan O'Connell of worthy of a top-10 pick this year.
He went 3-1 against the AFC dominant West, eight touchdowns, no interceptions. Last five games, nine touchdowns, one interception.

" ... You saw what he did, which was exactly what he was asked. He did it in a playoff atmosphere, and he did it with bullets and shrapnel going off around him. I have him as a clear top-10, but to be safe, top-15 for sure."
Accept it or reject it, but that's not the only guy who thinks the Raiders are just fine at QB with AOC. And now Bowers? :clap:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:43 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm I heard the Falcons brass called Kirk after the pick and said:

He gets $100m the next two seasons and then the falcons will cut him after the 25 season. Then he will do it all over again, except for more money.

Ha may not know how to win on the field but he is the best contract signer ever. Has there ever been a qb with a better contract sum over talent level in the history of the nfl?
The Falcons know they'll be able to trade Cousins to the Jets for a 1st and a 2nd. It's only a matter of time before Rodgers implodes. The Jets will still believe they're in win-now mode. The Jets still don't have a viable QB option on the roster. Cousins will be the perfect fit, either late this season or in the off season. Than Atlanta moves the young guy into the role. This won't take two years to happen.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:52 am

I was just making a joke. :lol:
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:53 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am
Still not too late to get AOC on the cheap. Bowers is going to be great in LV, and fit in very nicely.

Speaking of AOC, I think it's only fantasy managers who are slow to realize who he is ...
"After what I saw last year, I would have Aidan O'Connell of worthy of a top-10 pick this year.
He went 3-1 against the AFC dominant West, eight touchdowns, no interceptions. Last five games, nine touchdowns, one interception.

" ... You saw what he did, which was exactly what he was asked. He did it in a playoff atmosphere, and he did it with bullets and shrapnel going off around him. I have him as a clear top-10, but to be safe, top-15 for sure."
Accept it or reject it, but that's not the only guy who thinks the Raiders are just fine at QB with AOC. And now Bowers? :clap:
I'd be totally cool with that Tulane kid at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a QB. Not a believer in AOC, but I would LOVE to be wrong.
Janiel Dones Truther

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:53 am
Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am

I'd be totally cool with that Tulane kid at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a QB. Not a believer in AOC, but I would LOVE to be wrong.
I don't hate Pratt, but he's just an NFL dart throw. He's a guy you draft late, and hope he becomes good enough to sit on the end of your bench. With AOC starting and Minshew signed to a 2yr deal to back him up, I don't see a spot for Pratt. Worth it in the 5th maybe. All earlier picks, if I'm the Raiders I'm using those on players who I expect to have a chance to help the team win. Pratt's just a bench guy at best ... best chosen in the last 2-3 rounds.

Definitely should not be chosen in the 2nd or 3rd, when players who could start for the Raiders might be available. Maybe the 4th, but it would be a wasted pick, when they could draft a rotational OL or DL.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:43 am

The Falcons know they'll be able to trade Cousins to the Jets for a 1st and a 2nd. It's only a matter of time before Rodgers implodes. The Jets will still believe they're in win-now mode. The Jets still don't have a viable QB option on the roster. Cousins will be the perfect fit, either late this season or in the off season. Than Atlanta moves the young guy into the role. This won't take two years to happen.
oooooooooooooh. i like this angle and the J E T S...jets jets jets could do this.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 pm As someone who sat through the Gruden era reaches, for "need"
clelin ferrell still giving you the shits?

but yeah i don't hate the bowers spot. not what you'd think as optimal, but it could work out well, even in year one.

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:40 am Ha may not know how to win on the field but he is the best contract signer ever. Has there ever been a qb with a better contract sum over talent level in the history of the nfl?
since you asked...

firstly, off the top of my head, chase daniel has made roughly 40 million to start 5 games and attempt less than 300 passes.

sam bradford in in the 130 million region.

cousins is at 280.

now, with the help of OTC, let's see:

alex smith 210
tannehill 195
flacco 177
carson palmer 172
carr 165
jimmy g 150
wentz 130
foles 83
mark sanchez 66
matt cassel 65

tannehill and jimmy g take my vote and i'd say most of those have been more overpaid than cousins.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:18 am

I love the Bowers spot. I think he's set up for immediate success. If it's not AOC, it's Minshew starting and Bowers would see a healthy target share if that's the case

Love the Worthy landing spot because it means someone else will reach on him

Pearsall landing spot is exactly what you want (assuming they deal Deebo, he could be a contributor right away). He might be my 5th WR jumping ahead of Mitchell and Ladd. I thought one of them would be the other WR taken in the 1st

Legette... well he's not a 1st round WR in my eyes. I wanted to take a flier on him but this probably makes him my Mingo of the year

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 am

I hate to break it to you, but this draft is a minefield. I like Harrison JR, Nabers, Bowers, but in all honesty not sold on Rome and the rest are a bunch of 1st round reaches. Ricky Pearsall in the 1st? Terrible. Xavier Legette in the 1st? What lol.

Not shocked about Brian Thomas he’s an athletic/raw player usually drafted in the later part of the 1st that never pans out. His athleticism may save his profile though we’ll see.

Without RBs, this draft is terrible for 1QB fantasy.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 am

Love the Pearsall/49ers match. His advanced stats aren't great, but the scheme match could really help him overcome that. Maybe they reached some, but about as good an outcome as you could hope for a player like that.

Downside is if Aiyuk isn't moved before the season. Then, he's looking more like a 2025 play.