Predictions for the Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Predictions for the Draft

Postby Menace2010 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 pm

Back-to-back 5th year senior WRs. That 3rd WR tier gets more jumbled...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 pm Holy crap. CAR moved up to draft Legette in Rd 1? Yikes!
Yep. :lol: He's this years QJ. Mingo, who you don't like either, actually dodged a bullet.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:58 pm

I'm loving this draft. 6/7/0/1 so far. 14 draft able players in the 1st. Wow. Next skill player tops my my initial draft board. Sounds like a wr to buffalo
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:00 pm

I cringed a little when I saw that the Panthers traded up. Last year still stings a lot. They should have been selecting Caleb at #1 this year. Brutal for the franchise. I know it was just 1 spot but still perplexed as to their plans.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 pm

Is Pearsall pick a precursor to Aiyuk trade?

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:19 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 pm Is Pearsall pick a precursor to Aiyuk trade?
If you believe Twitter reports, they’re more likely to trade Deebo than Aiyuk.

https://x.com/mikesilver/status/1783705 ... 5rdNaPVEUw

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm

I heard the Falcons brass called Kirk after the pick and said:

"HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT!!????"
Janiel Dones Truther

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:33 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:19 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:02 pm Is Pearsall pick a precursor to Aiyuk trade?
If you believe Twitter reports, they’re more likely to trade Deebo than Aiyuk.

https://x.com/mikesilver/status/1783705 ... 5rdNaPVEUw
Deebo most likely for sure.

They now have 4 elite-to-good short yardage players (Kittle, Deebo, CMC, Pearsall) and one legit X WR1 in Aiyuk.

The odd man out is most likely the 28 year old RAC WR who is never healthy.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm

A few thoughts—

• Caleb and Rome? It's what I HOPED would happen. The Bears didn't screw it up. A+
• Wow QBs. My prediction of six was correct. Wash, NEP—good. Min—good. ATL? WTF? LOL Den...meh.
• No RBs, as I said. But we all expected that.
• Bowers to LVR is gross. I think this means I'm passing on him at 1.06 in Superflex TEP.
• BTJ to Jags is nice for him, and helps my one TLaw share.
• Worthy to Chiefs is very nice.
• Pearsall to SF is some nice draft capital. IDK if he'll still be there at 2.02 in my Superflex.
• Legette to CAR LOL...he's 100% on my do not draft list now.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 pm

The Saints pick was great for the Saints RB's.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:17 pm A few thoughts—

• Caleb and Rome? It's what I HOPED would happen. The Bears didn't screw it up. A+
• Wow QBs. My prediction of six was correct. Wash, NEP—good. Min—good. ATL? WTF? LOL Den...meh.
• Bowers to LVR is gross. I think this means I'm passing on him at 1.06 in Superflex TEP.
• Pearsall to SF is some nice draft capital. IDK if he'll still be there at 2.02 in my Superflex.
Why?
Janiel Dones Truther

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 pm

Why?
They have Musgrave. They don't have a decent QB. I'd rather take Odunze now. Maybe even JJM. You don't hate the landing spot? You aren't down-grading him based on this?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:50 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:47 pm

Why?
They have Musgrave. They don't have a decent QB. I'd rather take Odunze now. Maybe even JJM. You don't hate the landing spot? You aren't down-grading him based on this?
Michael Mayer.*

No more turps for you, bud.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:53 pm

Why?
I'll let that slide.

Bowers is one of the best TE prospects in years, and he went 13th overall. He was the first pick of this GM's tenure in Vegas. Why on earth would the current TE1 on the team who isn't a proven NFL producer, make you shift gears?

I don't get the logic. Odunze has a rookie QB, and 2 legit NFL producers ahead of him, but he's UPGRADED now?

I get very careful when trying to create narratives on players. Things change quickly in the NFL. AJ Brown was downgraded due to landing spot. CEH was pushed up due to landing spot. Be careful about moving a player up or down too much due to a perceived bad spot, that's what I'm trying to get at.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:55 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:53 pm

Why?
I'll let that slide.

Bowers is one of the best TE prospects in years, and he went 13th overall. He was the first pick of this GM's tenure in Vegas. Why on earth would the current TE1 on the team who isn't a proven NFL producer, make you shift gears?
Disclaimer*

FantasyFreak is a long suffering Raiders fan who always believes the best of his team's decision making prowess and roster.

Until proven horrifyingly otherwise. Repeatedly. **