Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby murphysxm » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:25 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am One thing I heard on the radio for why JJM is shooting up drafts is that a lot of college QBs don't run an NFL-style offense. They don't call plays (they get cards?) and JJM is the only one that has been calling plays, understands how that all works. So just keep that in mind.
I would hope NFL scouts and GM's aren't this short sited in their analysis. This is a very easy skill to teach
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:34 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:25 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am One thing I heard on the radio for why JJM is shooting up drafts is that a lot of college QBs don't run an NFL-style offense. They don't call plays (they get cards?) and JJM is the only one that has been calling plays, understands how that all works. So just keep that in mind.
I would hope NFL scouts and GM's aren't this short sited in their analysis. This is a very easy skill to teach
I heard Maye wears slip-on loafers and has pretty much his whole life. Can't tie his shoes all that efficiently because he only ever ties shoes when he wears his cleats. For this reason, teams are concerned that he's setting himself up for some bad ankle injuries. That's why he's dropping so much.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:42 pm

Presnap reads on Ds and audibling is not a “very easy skill” to learn. Where did you get that idea?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:50 pm

But it IS a skill that has to be taught. It takes time to learn. If you already know how to call the play Trips Right Yo-Yo 60 Y Stick vs Play #44 on a card with a picture. It's understanding the language the schemes, the plays—Formation + Motion/Shift + Blocking Scheme + Tags/Routes. If all of that is new, of course you will take time to learn it. Just saying JJM has an advantage. Caleb, if you believe he's the best QB has greater skill, but still has to learn all of this. That's all I'm saying. He'll be fine...in time.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:51 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:42 pm
Presnap reads on Ds and audibling is not a “very easy skill” to learn. Where did you get that idea?
Right?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:54 pm

From the instruction manual (Techmo), you simply press the X button and "Audible" appears. Then press the A button to change the play, and the line will shift. Press the B button to cancel the audible.
It's really not that complicated

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:56 pm

If Nix or Penix goes to MINN will that change anything for you? Good or bad?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:59 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:56 pm If Nix or Penix goes to MINN will that change anything for you? Good or bad?
If they sit back and get Penix at 23 I'll be ok with that. If they pay to move up for him...then I'll be disappointed that they couldn't move up earlier in the first instead.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:13 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:54 pm

From the instruction manual (Techmo), you simply press the X button and "Audible" appears. Then press the A button to change the play, and the line will shift. Press the B button to cancel the audible.
It's really not that complicated

:lol: :lol: :lol: post of the day boys
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:16 pm

Right.

Imagine missing out on Mahomes because the Texas Tech offense was basically high school crossed with air raid, and not an NFL STYLE OFFENSE (tm) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wait, that's exactly what happened...

"So just keep that in mind" :lol:

At this point I'm pretty sure I'd rather draft Penix than JJM straight up, and especially so at relative cost.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:20 pm

mild wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:16 pm
Right.

Imagine missing out on Mahomes because the Texas Tech offense was basically high school crossed with air raid, and not an NFL STYLE OFFENSE (tm) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh wait, that's exactly what happened...

"So just keep that in mind" :lol:

At this point I'm pretty sure I'd rather draft Penix than JJM straight up, and especially so at relative cost.
yup... don't tell teh JJ lovers this, but he throws a terrible ball.
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:37 pm

Thursday can't come soon enough. We're run out of anything to talk about.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:34 pm
I heard Maye wears slip-on loafers and has pretty much his whole life. Can't tie his shoes all that efficiently because he only ever ties shoes when he wears his cleats. For this reason, teams are concerned that he's setting himself up for some bad ankle injuries. That's why he's dropping so much.
How do you rank this with painted nails and eating bananas with the peel?

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:42 pm

tstafford wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:37 pm Thursday can't come soon enough. We're run out of anything to talk about.
I hear Poles has decided on who he is taking at #1. He's not telling you until thursday tho.
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:44 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:34 pm

How do you rank this with painted nails and eating bananas with the peel?
Banananana < loafers < painted nails...

i do drawn the line at mayo in coffee
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners