mgscott
Starter
Starter

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby mgscott » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:44 pm

tstafford wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 pm
mgscott wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 am

You ok with trading 11, 23, and next year's first to move to 4 or 5 and take JJM?

If Vikings trade away 3 1sts I want it to be to move up to #3 for Maye, I feel adding that 3rd 1st for JJM who a good game manager at best would be too much and set them back.
I would be upset if they traded that much for either of those QB's. Maybe Ok with it if for Daniels.

Would rather they stay put and pick either Nix or Penix at 11 or 23 than give up that much.
But trading to get the 2nd first is a strange move if not a precursor to move up. I don't think they're satisfied with settling for Nix/Penix.
I agree, that trade makes it seem very likely they will trade up. I just wouldn't like the overall move if they also have to add next year's 1st.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:46 pm

mgscott wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm
hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:48 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:19 am
This is the most important draft in a decade or two for my Vikings. If we leave Thursday without a QB of the future I'll be a wreck.
You ok with trading 11, 23, and next year's first to move to 4 or 5 and take JJM?

If Vikings trade away 3 1sts I want it to be to move up to #3 for Maye, I feel adding that 3rd 1st for JJM who a good game manager at best would be too much and set them back.
I would be upset if they traded that much for either of those QB's. Maybe Ok with it if for Daniels.

Would rather they stay put and pick either Nix or Penix at 11 or 23 than give up that much.
I’m the opposite. I’d rather give up all that than have to take either Nix or Penix in the 1st. I’m a big fan of Maye though. JJ to a lesser extent, but would rather him than the other two.

I’ve seen a ton of fans on both sides of this. Thursday should be fun and there are sure to be meltdowns no matter what happens.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:55 pm

Rattler might be the real surprise QB in this draft. He has start quality skills. I could see Dallas or Denver drafting him
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:05 pm

I'm just glad Penix/Nix among other players aren't going to be sitting in the Green Room come draft night. The NFL cut the number of players invited to attend the draft in person, and I think it's a good thing.

I hate seeing the players that fall like a rock sitting there pick after pick, waiting. Until mercifully, some team puts their name on a card. Levis last year was a prime example of that.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:32 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:05 pm I'm just glad Penix/Nix among other players aren't going to be sitting in the Green Room come draft night. The NFL cut the number of players invited to attend the draft in person, and I think it's a good thing.

I hate seeing the players that fall like a rock sitting there pick after pick, waiting. Until mercifully, some team puts their name on a card. Levis last year was a prime example of that.
Totally agree there. All the prep and stuff with the expectation of being drafted early only to lament pick after pick.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:33 pm

mgscott wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:44 pm
mgscott wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:36 pm I would be upset if they traded that much for either of those QB's. Maybe Ok with it if for Daniels.

But trading to get the 2nd first is a strange move if not a precursor to move up. I don't think they're satisfied with settling for Nix/Penix.
I agree, that trade makes it seem very likely they will trade up. I just wouldn't like the overall move if they also have to add next year's 1st.
Uhhh... you guys are talking Vikings, right?

About that "next year's first"...

If a 3rd 1st is added to this deal it will be 2026, not 2025. They already shot that bullet to get 23 from the Texans.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:37 pm

mild wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:33 pm

If a 3rd 1st is added to this deal it will be 2026, not 2025. They already shot that bullet to get 23 from the Texans.
No they didn’t. It was a 2nd next year to move up.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:47 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:37 pm
mild wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:33 pm

No they didn’t. It was a 2nd next year to move up.
I had that wrong, apologies. I thought they'd given it up to get the extra 1st.

That's a really good trade by Kwesi getting another 1st for 2nds and 4ths... respect.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:38 am

I get the age, size and one-year wonder knocks, but there is a lot to like about Jayden Daniels. He's about the best pick one could make if they subscribe to the "draft for upside" strategy. It's pretty clear how he could be a top-5 FF QB. Every prospect has some sort of issue, but if we focus on the plusses - Daniels has a lot. Obviously swinging and missing on Daniels would suck, but it's a trust the process thing. He put up the numbers in the air and on the ground in a solid conference and is about to be the NFL 1.02. More to like than not.

Folks sitting at the 1.03/1.04 in SF are going to have very nice choices.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 am

tstafford wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:38 am I get the age, size and one-year wonder knocks, but there is a lot to like about Jayden Daniels. He's about the best pick one could make if they subscribe to the "draft for upside" strategy. It's pretty clear how he could be a top-5 FF QB. Every prospect has some sort of issue, but if we focus on the plusses - Daniels has a lot. Obviously swinging and missing on Daniels would suck, but it's a trust the process thing. He put up the numbers in the air and on the ground in a solid conference and is about to be the NFL 1.02. More to like than not.

I agree with you, even if I've never had Daniels above QB3. I'm honestly coming around on JJM a little, as I think he has more upside than people give him credit for, but I'm still likely chasing the Daniels upside if given a choice between the 2.

Overall though, I think this class has major warts outside of Caleb, Bowers and the top 3 WR. I do really like another few WR but any QB drafted top 5 or even 10 should still go before them. I dont see it as deep a class as some say, for fantasy at least.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:09 am

tstafford wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:38 am I get the age, size and one-year wonder knocks, but there is a lot to like about Jayden Daniels. He's about the best pick one could make if they subscribe to the "draft for upside" strategy. It's pretty clear how he could be a top-5 FF QB. Every prospect has some sort of issue, but if we focus on the plusses - Daniels has a lot. Obviously swinging and missing on Daniels would suck, but it's a trust the process thing. He put up the numbers in the air and on the ground in a solid conference and is about to be the NFL 1.02. More to like than not.

So much depends squarely on situation. I'd be looking harder at your faith in Washington developing a QB, and Dan Quinn and Kliff Kingsbury getting the first crack at it.

And then there's New England, which is just an all around question mark.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:22 am

I don't disagree, but I also think Maye has a lot of potential for me as well (with much less experience). I am really starting to swing back to preferring QB's that don't rely so much on their legs because it is harder to hold your job in the NFL. I am not saying Daniels is all run, but a lot of his upside is tied to that elite ability.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am

One thing I heard on the radio for why JJM is shooting up drafts is that a lot of college QBs don't run an NFL-style offense. They don't call plays (they get cards?) and JJM is the only one that has been calling plays, understands how that all works. So just keep that in mind.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am One thing I heard on the radio for why JJM is shooting up drafts is that a lot of college QBs don't run an NFL-style offense. They don't call plays (they get cards?) and JJM is the only one that has been calling plays, understands how that all works. So just keep that in mind.
Levis ran pro style last year. Gotta be a much better reason why McCarthy is going to go where he is outside of that.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:05 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am One thing I heard on the radio for why JJM is shooting up drafts is that a lot of college QBs don't run an NFL-style offense. They don't call plays (they get cards?) and JJM is the only one that has been calling plays, understands how that all works. So just keep that in mind.
Levis ran pro style last year. Gotta be a much better reason why McCarthy is going to go where he is outside of that.
Sure, I'm just saying one reason why I heard JJM was moving up charts. Take it for what it's worth LOL.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble