Tier up to Gibbs?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Tier up to Gibbs?

Postby Randomguess » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:35 am

PPR, 12 team league. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE (non premium), 1 flex (non QB).

My team:
QB: Stroud, Minshew
RB: Bijan, Etienne, Spears, Hubbard, Z White, Abanikanda
WR: Lamb, Nacua, Olave, D Smith, Shakir, Iosivas, Burks, T Palmer
TE: Laporta, Ferguson
2024 picks: 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 3.01
2025 picks: 2 1sts

I've gotten the general sentiment that most people don't try and tier up at RB, so wanted to get some feedback on this. Given that this league has to start 2 RBs, would you try and upgrade from Etienne to Gibbs or roll with who I have? The other owner's RBs are Gibbs, Walker, Javonte, Pollard and Dillon, so he wouldn't give up Gibbs for cheap and would want one to two RBs in return. His WRs are Chase, Wilson, Aiyuk and Jeudy. Etienne is the RB I would be most willing to move on from, but would obviously have to add a pick or player. I have some flexibility given that MHJ and Nabers will be added to my team. If you don't prefer Gibbs or Etienne, who would try and pivot to? Hall is not available for trade. Thanks.
Last edited by Randomguess on Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tier up to Gibbs?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:40 am

i personally wouldnt bet on gibbs for sure out producing etn so i wouldnt wanna use etn in the deal. id be more willing to use smith and a 25 first. smith prob aint ever seeing your lineup with lamb puka harrison nabers and olave in front of him. id float that out there to gibbs owner see what they think. maybe gibbs and a 3rd for smith and a future first.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Randomguess » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:46 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:40 am i personally wouldnt bet on gibbs for sure out producing etn so i wouldnt wanna use etn in the deal. id be more willing to use smith and a 25 first. smith prob aint ever seeing your lineup with lamb puka harrison nabers and olave in front of him. id float that out there to gibbs owner see what they think. maybe gibbs and a 3rd for smith and a future first.
I just updated my post to include his WRs - forgot to include that. He has Chase, Aiyuk and Wilson, so i'm not sure if Smith and a '25 1st would convince him to part with his best RB. I agree with your statement that Gibbs may not outscore ETN. Montgomery being under contract in Detroit for two more years makes me pause for putting together a big offer for Gibbs, but what I saw from Gibbs last year has me convinced he is a star. This is unfortunately a case where the other owner's roster doesn't fit well with mine for trade offers as far as team need/wants.

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 am

In a shallow 1QB format I'd absolutely be willing to tier up at RB, particularly for a young and productive one like Gibbs. Based on his age and upside in PPR I value him as a top 3 dynasty RB, the other two being Bijan whom you already have and Hall who you're stating is unavailable. What does the other manager have in terms of picks in this year and next year's draft?

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:02 am

pmart33 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 am In a shallow 1QB format I'd absolutely be willing to tier up at RB, particularly for a young and productive one like Gibbs. Based on his age and upside in PPR I value him as a top 3 dynasty RB, the other two being Bijan whom you already have and Hall who you're stating is unavailable. What does the other manager have in terms of picks in this year and next year's draft?
This
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Randomguess » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:06 am

pmart33 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:00 am In a shallow 1QB format I'd absolutely be willing to tier up at RB, particularly for a young and productive one like Gibbs. Based on his age and upside in PPR I value him as a top 3 dynasty RB, the other two being Bijan whom you already have and Hall who you're stating is unavailable. What does the other manager have in terms of picks in this year and next year's draft?
His 2024 picks: 1.09, 3.05, 3.09
2025: 1st, 2nd, two 3rds

Being a shallow league, that is my rationale for this trade. I think we have seen Etienne's ceiling - which was solid. But I think Gibbs' ceiling is higher. That's just my opinion.

Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Randomguess » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:12 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:02 am
This
Any thoughts of a trade package? I probably have to send a RB back. This guy is a contender, so it won't be cheap, but like you and the other guy kind of agreed on, in a shallow league, it's worth it to have two of the best young RBs.

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:58 am

Randomguess wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:06 am

Being a shallow league, that is my rationale for this trade. I think we have seen Etienne's ceiling - which was solid. But I think Gibbs' ceiling is higher. That's just my opinion.
Agreed on the point about Etienne hitting his ceiling. Granted, he was RB3 overall last year so it's tough to top that going forward. Despite his productive 2023 I see him as a prime sell high candidate. I'd start with offering a trade package of Etienne, a future 2nd and 3.01 and see what the other manager comes back with. I doubt that'll be enough but it can give you a sense of what they're looking for.

If it really came down to it I'd be willing to offer Etienne and 1.04 for Gibbs and 1.09. That may be spicy for some, but I don't see a massive difference between those picks in 1QB non TE Prem this year. You're adding MHJ and Nabers in all likelihood, so using 1.04 to upgrade your RB room is the way to go IMO.

Randomguess
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Randomguess » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:09 am

pmart33 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:58 am
Randomguess wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:06 am

Agreed on the point about Etienne hitting his ceiling. Granted, he was RB3 overall last year so it's tough to top that going forward. Despite his productive 2023 I see him as a prime sell high candidate. I'd start with offering a trade package of Etienne, a future 2nd and 3.01 and see what the other manager comes back with. I doubt that'll be enough but it can give you a sense of what they're looking for.

If it really came down to it I'd be willing to offer Etienne and 1.04 for Gibbs and 1.09. That may be spicy for some, but I don't see a massive difference between those picks in 1QB non TE Prem this year. You're adding MHJ and Nabers in all likelihood, so using 1.04 to upgrade your RB room is the way to go IMO.
I think both of those offers make a lot of sense. Appreciate the great feedback. And yes, didn't mean to sound like Etienne isn't really good after being RB3 last year. Just really fell off in the 2nd half of the season and his YPC wasn't great.

kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby kellysheroes » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:43 pm

to me and knowing most Gibbs owners the price between the 2 of them would be more than I'm willing to pay given that ETN is a very good RB in his own right; as pointed out earlier there a good chance ETN will out score Gibbs this yr anyway.

Your best bet is Etienne and 1.04 for Gibbs and 1.09 which is probably going to be countered with Etienne and 1.04 for Gibbs and 2nd