General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

Postby Anteaters » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:01 pm

CGW wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:58 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:43 pm
Shcritters wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:30 pm I offered 1.12 in one… but doubt he takes it (he’s also semi inactive this time of year).
Not to pick on you specifically, but want to make it clear. I hope anyone trying to "buy low" after this, loses the trade, when all is said and done.

No "good for you's" on the "value" you may get. Straight up hope it backfires.
That horse of yours sure is high!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:06 pmBlock me, I don't care.
Personally, I'm not going to block you. I've blocked a couple of guys whom I think have a truly reprehensible outlook on something else. But your outrage about this hasn't risen to being blocked. It's still good entertainment for me.

Be outraged. Ride that horse all over this thread. Call Rice the next Dahmer. It puts a smile on my face. I hope ranting in this forum about how evil you think Rice is makes you feel better ... it makes me feel better every time I read it.

For a long time, I refused to roster any NE Patriots players on any of my fantasy teams. Far be it from me to tell you your reason for avoiding Rice is nonsensical. I mean, our hobby is called FANTASY after all. You should make your roster in the way that makes you happy, because to purposefully construct a roster that makes you unhappy would be stupid.

Cheers!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:18 pm I'm always going to root against people who think they can gain an edge in FANTASY, because they don't take any sort of moral stance on cheering for people. Information changes, it's the specific moment where you realize the guy is a terrible person, and that's when you want to roster him....just for a slight discount?

If that's the stance you take, kind of makes me question how you'd handle things that were actually important.+
careful with that.

detaching names and numbers from the actual people for something as unimportant as a game built upon another game is not an indicator of someone's moral compass. not getting worked up by something when it doesn't matter is not a flaw.

and i get you, i used to like Morbid Angel a lot, then i discovered that one of their members was distributing racist and homophobic pamphlets at schools and events and haven't listen to them for about 15 years. the bloke's still a racist cumt, and if he isn't, it's certainly not because of me not listening to his music. i don't regret not listening to them, but i've lost more than he has with my actions.

it's a personal stance, it doesn't make me better or worse than those that listen to them despite knowing the fact: a lot of my friends still listened to them and we were a lot alike. they're able to do something that i am not. the thing is, if you don't want to have anything to do with anything connected to anyone who's an arsehole, you're better off sailing to Mars on the first ship! i'm still not able to do that, but it means that i'm treating similar persons differently based only on the information that i have of them. which is inevitable, but still "uneven", if "hypocritical" is too strong of a word.

moishetreats wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 am Still without knowing all the info, Rice wasn't maliciously attacking someone. Doing something stupid? Yes. Dangerous? Absolutely!! And should he be held accountable? 100%. I am NOT suggesting we ignore it. But, he's a person with no prior rap sheet as far as I could tell, who did something incredibly stupid and dangerous. And then took full responsibility for it.

(...)

Rather than jumping on the scum-of-the-earth bandwagon, let's appreciate that he owned up to what he did, hold him legally and financially accountable for his actions, and save our vitriol for those who maliciously do violent or illegal things, blame others, rip into the system, and seem to get away with it.
he did not. "taking full responsibility" would have been staying there and helping the people he injured while waiting for the cops. showing up a handful of days later with your lawyer telling you what to do and say doesn't strike me as "taking full responsibility". better than framing someone up, no doubt, but as you seem to imply yourself, "owning up" doesn't make what you've done "less bad", it only avoids it being "worse".

as for "malice", setting up a day-time race on a public street with two fast cars, one that you own and one that you rent, sounds pretty malicious to me. certainly premeditated.
are there worse human beings than rice? for sure. considering his action, there are better human beings than him, too.

and people saying they hope he goes to jail for a felony that generally results in jail time isn't really calling him "scum of the earth" now, is it?
some will judge him more harsh than others. i think he's a funking idiot at best, and an utter thundercunt at worse. you may not want to reduce him to the (likely) worst thing he's done in his life, which is also fair. i don't think he's evil, he'd probably help me ole nan crossing the street and carry her shoppers, but most people don't act (with actual premeditation) like utter cunts endangering someone else's life.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:02 am

Man, we need the draft to get here...
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:38 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:02 am Man, we need the draft to get here...
We do!

Tired of reading about the FIDDIOT named Rice.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:45 am

Makes you wonder what was in the bags if he was willing to leave something inside the car. I'm sure they tried to grab everything, but still. Speculation says that wasn't everything...

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:53 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:45 am Makes you wonder what was in the bags if he was willing to leave something inside the car. I'm sure they tried to grab everything, but still. Speculation says that wasn't everything...
both your phone and your gun are worth more than 10 grams of weed. could be either, both, or something else legal or illegal. can even be something less valuable but that they actually thought of at the time. maybe they thought the weed was left in the other car, on in the other guy's pocket. i wouldn't read too much into that, there's enough stuff going on without speculating crimes that would still be minor compared to the main offense (i'm assuming that carrying a gun in texas is mandatory).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:38 am
We do!

Look, maybe I am being too harsh due to personal tragedy over this type of issue. I lost my best friend, and that's something that has shaped my view on these types of incidents. I have said my piece on how I feel about certain things, and some won't like it, that's fine. I will not get caught up in it further.

I am pleased to hear a warrant has been issued for his arrest, though, as it should be.

He faces 8 charges.

6x counts of collision involving bodily injury, 1x count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and 1x count of aggravated assault.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:38 am
We do!

Look, maybe I am being too harsh due to personal tragedy over this type of issue. I lost my best friend, and that's something that has shaped my view on these types of incidents. I have said my piece on how I feel about certain things, and some won't like it, that's fine. I will not get caught up in it further.

I am pleased to hear a warrant has been issued for his arrest, though, as it should be.

He faces 8 charges.

6x counts of collision involving bodily injury, 1x count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and 1x count of aggravated assault.
That’s the count that gets him to felony level. So is the DA actually going to follow through or just overcharging to make plea dealing on the other charges easier?

A third-degree felony. Per Texas Penal Code § 12.34, a third-degree felony can range from two to 10 years in jail and a fine of $10,000. Third-degree felonies apply to drivers who left accidents that resulted in serious bodily injuries.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:01 pm

WFAA reports an arrest warrant has been issued for Chiefs WR Rashee Rice for his involvement in a multi-vehicle crash in Dallas in late March.

Rice faces six counts of collision involving bodily injury, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and one count of aggravated assault from the arrest warrant. He previously admitted to driving the Lamborghini involved in the multi-vehicle crash that took place on March 30th in Dallas. Now that the arrest warrant has been issued for Rice, he will have a day to turn himself into the police. The 23-year-old Chiefs receiver could also see an NFL suspension, though the specifics may not be determined until after the matter has been resolved legally.
Well, that buy low window looks pretty open now.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:12 pm

Fire up your Hollywood shares!

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 pm

The buy low window now has bars on it
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:27 pm

Those squeaking sounds you’re hearing are the *******s puckering of those who thought they were stealing Rice for a late 1st.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:37 pm

TheTroll wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 pm The buy low window now has bars on it
:lol:

But seriously, what a clown. At least he had his play book with him
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:44 pm

81- wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:37 pm
TheTroll wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 pm The buy low window now has bars on it
:lol:

But seriously, what a clown. At least he had his play book with him
Took the playbook, left the pot… a man has his priorities
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5