Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

Postby remedy29 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:22 am

Anteaters wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:58 am
zoster80 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:08 pm
Anteaters wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:23 pm
Thanks for the info.
Not a lawyer, but I know enough about the law that this attorney is doing the opposite of what he should be doing….the only logic there is that Chiefs or Goodell told him to come completely clean to makes the news go away and that they’d be lenient on him.

Why would you give out that statement otherwise? It’s their job to prove you were driving. Witnesses can forget or confuse one guy with another, if there was not video evidence of him driving why would admit and play your hand that way unless there was a deal or a PR reason.
Yeah, I'm confused about the statement also. Proud of Rice's accepting the blame. Disappointed his attorney seems to be incompetent. But like you said, there's probably more to this than we currently know.
So you think a better strategy is to lie? So not only is Rice facing potential felony charges, he would be lying about being the driver where the prosecutor can prove in 2 seconds due to the video evidence, and potentially other evidence, witnesses, etc.
Besides the evidence stacked against him, he would need to blame someone else, and that person then would be going to jail. I surely think if they pissed off the prosecutor, they send the fall guy to jail.

Rice will have his chargers, perhaps felony charges, then plea down to a lesser charge.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:27 am

remedy29 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:22 am

Not a lawyer, but I know enough about the law that this attorney is doing the opposite of what he should be doing….the only logic there is that Chiefs or Goodell told him to come completely clean to makes the news go away and that they’d be lenient on him.

Why would you give out that statement otherwise? It’s their job to prove you were driving. Witnesses can forget or confuse one guy with another, if there was not video evidence of him driving why would admit and play your hand that way unless there was a deal or a PR reason.
Yeah, I'm confused about the statement also. Proud of Rice's accepting the blame. Disappointed his attorney seems to be incompetent. But like you said, there's probably more to this than we currently know.
So you think a better strategy is to lie? So not only is Rice facing potential felony charges, he would be lying about being the driver where the prosecutor can prove in 2 seconds due to the video evidence, and potentially other evidence, witnesses, etc.
Besides the evidence stacked against him, he would need to blame someone else, and that person then would be going to jail. I surely think if they pissed off the prosecutor, they send the fall guy to jail.

Rice will have his chargers, perhaps felony charges, then plea down to a lesser charge.
Thank you for your input.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:39 am

I think the lawyer is serving his client’s best interest. Rice was most probably a slam dunk for being found to be one of the drivers, there’s literally no viable defense for violating the statutes I cited earlier, Rice can’t avoid the financial quicksand he’d about to sink into, so the chosen path was to own up to everything and throw themselves on the mercy of The Shield in an effort to get back on the field as quickly as possible.

The league is extraordinarily thorough in their investigations into these situations - sometimes moreso than authorities (ie - Zeke). He gave their investigators and well as the authorities nowhere to go, now it’s on to the punishment phase. The only thing I think that could be introduced additionally would be if there is strong to irrefutable evidence that he got hammered at the bowling alley prior to getting in the vehicle.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:55 am

You don't have to lie, but you also don't have to admit anything
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:41 pm

Plus 10.8 grams of mary Jane.

I'm pro pot, but not when driving.

What a dumbass
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:54 pm

81- wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:41 pm Plus 10.8 grams of mary Jane.

What a dumbass
Flee from the scene but forget your ganja. Nice. Hopefully he took his unregistered Glock
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:58 pm

What a dumbass
About 3/4 of an ounce. Not a huge amount (intent to distribute or anything like that). But still... Not good.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:11 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:58 pm

What a dumbass
About 3/4 of an ounce. Not a huge amount (intent to distribute or anything like that). But still... Not good.
Not to be that guy, but it's less than 1/2 Oz. (~28g to 1 Oz) Some states that's legal/decriminalized, Texas probably not though.

Still 100% brain dead to leave it behind when you ran with bags anyways

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 am

I think this is getting out of control. It's pretty easy to bash someone we've never met and when we don't have all the info. And even easier when that person is a celebrity.

We see so often people in the spotlight doing horrific, malicious things and getting away with it. In many cases, multiple times. They lie, blame others, never take accountability, get a slap on the wrist at worst, and then get cheered as soon as they return to the field. As a Wisconsin guy, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Brett Favre all stick out. Each city, state, fan base has its own examples.

Still without knowing all the info, Rice wasn't maliciously attacking someone. Doing something stupid? Yes. Dangerous? Absolutely!! And should he be held accountable? 100%. I am NOT suggesting we ignore it. But, he's a person with no prior rap sheet as far as I could tell, who did something incredibly stupid and dangerous. And then took full responsibility for it. Offered to pay for all the damages out of pocket and said he was the driver. Was that just a savvy move? Potentially. And also potentially someone taking accountability for his actions. Honestly, I wish we had a hell of a lot more of that in society (and think we'll be wishing for more and more of that in the coming months).

Look, whatever his punishment is -- jail, suspension, fine, I don't know -- I don't think we should get rid of it because he apologized and took accountability. Again with the limited info I/we have, I'm fine with him getting the lighter end of the sentence. But still this is not a guy who raped, beat up, or killed someone maliciously. He could have accidentally by his actions, and it's still different if something is done with violent premeditation or stupidity. And he took accountability.

Rather than jumping on the scum-of-the-earth bandwagon, let's appreciate that he owned up to what he did, hold him legally and financially accountable for his actions, and save our vitriol for those who maliciously do violent or illegal things, blame others, rip into the system, and seem to get away with it.

IMHO
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), E Moore ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $102

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:41 am

moishetreats wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 am I think this is getting out of control. It's pretty easy to bash someone we've never met and when we don't have all the info. And even easier when that person is a celebrity.

We see so often people in the spotlight doing horrific, malicious things and getting away with it. In many cases, multiple times. They lie, blame others, never take accountability, get a slap on the wrist at worst, and then get cheered as soon as they return to the field. As a Wisconsin guy, Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Brett Favre all stick out. Each city, state, fan base has its own examples.

Still without knowing all the info, Rice wasn't maliciously attacking someone. Doing something stupid? Yes. Dangerous? Absolutely!! And should he be held accountable? 100%. I am NOT suggesting we ignore it. But, he's a person with no prior rap sheet as far as I could tell, who did something incredibly stupid and dangerous. And then took full responsibility for it. Offered to pay for all the damages out of pocket and said he was the driver. Was that just a savvy move? Potentially. And also potentially someone taking accountability for his actions. Honestly, I wish we had a hell of a lot more of that in society (and think we'll be wishing for more and more of that in the coming months).

Look, whatever his punishment is -- jail, suspension, fine, I don't know -- I don't think we should get rid of it because he apologized and took accountability. Again with the limited info I/we have, I'm fine with him getting the lighter end of the sentence. But still this is not a guy who raped, beat up, or killed someone maliciously. He could have accidentally by his actions, and it's still different if something is done with violent premeditation or stupidity. And he took accountability.

Rather than jumping on the scum-of-the-earth bandwagon, let's appreciate that he owned up to what he did, hold him legally and financially accountable for his actions, and save our vitriol for those who maliciously do violent or illegal things, blame others, rip into the system, and seem to get away with it.

IMHO
We’re going to have to agree to disagree. What he did was malicious, thoughtless, and incredibly dangerous. It was only through shear luck that multiple people weren’t badly hurt or worse. Then he walked away without a thought to the damage he may have done to other people and dodged authorities for days before owning up, and that was likely only to benefit himself.

I honestly don’t understand your position at all. I guess if he would have fired a gun through a random group of people rather than turning 2 vehicles into high speed projectiles fewer people would be taking the “boys will be boys” stance.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:42 am

moishetreats wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:13 am I think this is getting out of control. It's pretty easy to bash someone we've never met and when we don't have all the info. And even easier when that person is a celebrity.

IMHO
well said
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:56 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:41 am

IMHO
We’re going to have to agree to disagree. What he did was malicious, thoughtless, and incredibly dangerous. It was only through shear luck that multiple people weren’t badly hurt or worse. Then he walked away without a thought to the damage he may have done to other people and dodged authorities for days before owning up, and that was likely only to benefit himself.

I honestly don’t understand your position at all. I guess if he would have fired a gun through a random group of people rather than turning 2 vehicles into high speed projectiles fewer people would be taking the “boys will be boys” stance.
I agree, well said, and good point in the last sentence.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:16 am

High powered cars with rice and his mates driving at excessive speed are loaded weapons looking for some poor sap to crash into and cause severe damage. It's malicious as it gets. I wish the laws would get up to speed with that fact. These people have no regard for other people on the road minding their own business.

"I didn't mean to kill that person even though I was driving at 3 times the legal limit" is the biggest cop out excuse in law. Screw those idiots.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:51 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:41 am

IMHO

For real. There's really no excuse for this kind of behavior. I get he owned up to it, but that doesn't absolve him

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:07 am

That small of an amount of weed, and the fact he didn’t take it with him when he fled, makes it more probable he was under the influence while driving imo. But, that’s purely reckless speculation on my part
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)