Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

Postby remedy29 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:34 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:00 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:29 pm So, Rice has acknowledged that he was the driver of the Lamborghini.
Is it me or does this sound like a plea agreement was made already, or a deal is already in place for one. Wouldn’t really make sense for him to admit that otherwise.
There is video that strongly suggest he was the driver, plus there could be witness or other evidence.

Playing devil's advocate in this whole situation, did he really do a hit and run? Typically a hit and run is where the driver is trying to flea the scene and escape all consequences of the accident. That hasn't happened here. Rice has acceptable full responsibility for the accident and he left his cars at the scene, so he wasn't trying to avoid the situation, since he was easily identified as being involved.

The biggest issue is he left to avoid any potential DUI conviction. I think he is going to get something like a year license suspension, and be responsible financially to everyone involved. the NFL will then have to decide what type of suspension is warranted. I thought I read somewhere that the new collective bargaining agreement is 1 game suspension for 1st time DUI. Maybe that is all we are looking at here from his playing availability perspective.

Edit: its 2 game suspension for first time DUI. Considering Kamara was facing felony charges for beating a man, on video, and plea bargain to a lesser charge and got a 3 game suspension, I think that would be the starting point for Rice. Not sure if he'll get more suspension, depends on what he plea bargains too.
Last edited by remedy29 on Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 pm

remedy29 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:34 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:29 pm So, Rice has acknowledged that he was the driver of the Lamborghini.
Is it me or does this sound like a plea agreement was made already, or a deal is already in place for one. Wouldn’t really make sense for him to admit that otherwise.
There is video that strongly suggest he was the driver, plus there could be witness or other evidence.

Playing devil's advocate in this whole situation, did he really do a hit and run? Typically a hit and run is where the driver is trying to flea the scene and escape all consequences of the accident. That hasn't happened here. Rice has acceptable full responsibility for the accident and he left his cars at the scene, so he wasn't trying to avoid the situation, since he was easily identified as being involved.

The biggest issue is he left to avoid any potential DUI conviction. I think he is going to get something like a year license suspension, and be responsible financially to everyone involved. the NFL will then have to decide what type of suspension is warranted. I thought I read somewhere that the new collective bargaining agreement is 1 game suspension for 1st time DUI. Maybe that is all we are looking at here from his playing availability perspective.
This def seems like a hit run to me. He hit and ran (or walked I guess). We’ll never know, but if video evidence did not exist of what happened and occurred after, idk that he’d be admitting to what happened.

I’m not a mechanic, so I won’t pretend to know how possible continuing to drive the cars after were. If it was drivable, and he did drive away, it likely would have been even worse when police caught him. But I don’t think leaving the cars, and walking away with duffle bags of whatever’s was inside, stops it from being a hit from being a hit and run

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:07 pm

I might have missed it, but do any of these new reports of Rice's admission of responsibility explicitly state he was driving either of the cars? I haven't read all the articles in detail, but what I've seen says he admits responsibility for what happened. Not that he admits he was actually driving one of the cars.

I'm not arguing that he was or was not actually driving. I'm just asking what he explicitly admitted to doing.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:10 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:07 pm
I might have missed it, but do any of these new reports of Rice's admission of responsibility explicitly state he was driving either of the cars? I haven't read all the articles in detail, but what I've seen says he admits responsibility for what happened. Not that he admits he was actually driving one of the cars.

I'm not arguing that he was or was not actually driving. I'm just asking what he explicitly admitted to doing.
His attorney said he was.

"Mr. Rice acknowledged that he was driving the Lamborghini, that was the question that was asked," West said. "He responded to that. That he was driving the Lamborghini."

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:23 pm

jomaed wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:10 pm

"Mr. Rice acknowledged that he was driving the Lamborghini, that was the question that was asked," West said. "He responded to that. That he was driving the Lamborghini."
Thanks for the info.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:28 pm

remedy29 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:34 pm

and using both his cars for a street race? How will the NFL factor in that?

That's something that I don't think will be glossed over.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am

Keeps getting worse. Marijuana found in the car.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:11 am

jomaed wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am Keeps getting worse. Marijuana found in the car.
Lmao even after they hit and ran. Wow.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:05 am

jomaed wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:06 am Keeps getting worse. Marijuana found in the car.
Guy deserves to be in jail. Fleeing the scene, orchestrating a street race on a busy highway in broad daylight with both of his vehicles, and being the driver of one. Unreal. Not sure if what BB posted was accurate, but if it is, those laws need to be changed. Actions such as this deserve time behind bars, IMO.

If I'm not mistaken, the marijuana makes it a felony. Combine all factors together, it's bad. Have to think driving under the influence may be added to it, but perhaps that's why he fled the scene, so they couldn't perform any sort of testing.

In terms of the PCP and the NFL, have to think he's looking at significant time missed, with all these factors.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:12 am

NFL gotta be cooking up something crazy.. what we thinkin like 3-4 games?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:14 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:12 am NFL gotta be cooking up something crazy.. what we thinkin like 3-4 games?
4, yeah. Depends how bad this gets, and if he gets jail time. It's not out of the possibility now that marijuana has been found. Honestly, I hope he gets it, but I'm not holding my breath. Sliding scale justice system is real.

EDIT: Some conflicting info I am seeing, perhaps reporters got it wrong, mixing up ounces and grams. Felony vs misdemeanor.
Janiel Dones Truther

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:08 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:23 pm

Thanks for the info.
Not a lawyer, but I know enough about the law that this attorney is doing the opposite of what he should be doing….the only logic there is that Chiefs or Goodell told him to come completely clean to makes the news go away and that they’d be lenient on him.

Why would you give out that statement otherwise? It’s their job to prove you were driving. Witnesses can forget or confuse one guy with another, if there was not video evidence of him driving why would admit and play your hand that way unless there was a deal or a PR reason.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:17 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:42 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:56 pm We've seen people throw money at situations to make them go away. Doubt much will happen here, maybe he gets suspended a few games. Doesn't really matter much within the context of his entire career. The equivalent to pulling a hammy.
Yeah it's a shitty decision. But, it's also the reality of what happens when 20 something year olds start making millions and can effortlessly afford top of the line cars. He won't be the last to do something like this.
Well, Ruggs killed a woman and dog doing this just 2.5 years ago. You'd think Rice would be acquainted with it. I guess not. In terms of the fantasy context, supposedly there was a 30% drop in slotting Sunday, implied seemingly people selling at a 15% loss, people trying to buy at a 30% discount. I would agree w/the sentiment that long term, he's probably a good investment, Hill several years ago was an infinitely worse situation and the sellers really at their shorts on that. Same with "I'm not drafting Mixon" crew from '17.

It's a weird thing, you have your morality, and you have this game, and you have the reality that we don't really know any of these players, as the stories about Kirby Puckett revealed, or the more comic undoing of Man of the Year Eugene Robinson hours after receiving his award 25 years ago. We just don't know these guys. People can pretend they are building a great team of moral upstarts by avoiding Rice, or Ruggs or anyone, but you really never know who you have on your roster, and you're never going too, you only know the ones that got caught.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:47 pm

zoster80 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:08 pm

Thanks for the info.
Not a lawyer, but I know enough about the law that this attorney is doing the opposite of what he should be doing….the only logic there is that Chiefs or Goodell told him to come completely clean to makes the news go away and that they’d be lenient on him.

Why would you give out that statement otherwise? It’s their job to prove you were driving. Witnesses can forget or confuse one guy with another, if there was not video evidence of him driving why would admit and play your hand that way unless there was a deal or a PR reason.
He may have been in more trouble if he said he hadn't, because he leased the Lambo, and was the only one legally allowed to drive it. Not sure. I highly, highly doubt Goodell was involved at this stage of things. Not how the process works, and he's a lawyer, is he not? Precedent is big, and he can't do what you are suggesting, it would cause all kinds of problems. Why wouldn't he just do that for all incidents? He's actually have to, if he did it for Rice. He can't give different treatments and have a different standard for the Chiefs.

Imagine if it got out that Goodell told him to do that, and he'd be easy on him. The 3 time champs over the past 4 years get special treatment from the commish? I think that would be more detrimental to the league's optics than Rice's street race.
Janiel Dones Truther

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:58 am

zoster80 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:08 pm

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I'm confused about the statement also. Proud of Rice's accepting the blame. Disappointed his attorney seems to be incompetent. But like you said, there's probably more to this than we currently know.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser