Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:13 pm Rice has apperrently admitted guilt.

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/statu ... 3325294747

From this, it's pretty easy to see that he and his "crew" used his car, and the Lambo he leased, to race on public roads. Absolute POS.
He admitted being involved. That was pretty much a slam dunk given the film of the incident and then the guys bailing out of the vehicles and then abandoning the scene. Nothing said about who was driving each vehicle. He certainly didn’t step up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:56 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:44 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:13 pm Rice has apperrently admitted guilt.

From this, it's pretty easy to see that he and his "crew" used his car, and the Lambo he leased, to race on public roads. Absolute POS.
He admitted being involved. That was pretty much a slam dunk given the film of the incident and then the guys bailing out of the vehicles and then abandoning the scene. Nothing said about who was driving each vehicle. He certainly didn’t step up.
Yeah, but regardless of who was driving, both were in his name, he was in one of them, and the 2 cars were racing. Even if he wasn't behind the wheel, he was condoning it, clearly, as both were under his name. Promoting street racing on a busy road like this is nothing short of reprehensible.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:56 pm

Yeah, but regardless of who was driving, both were in his name, he was in one of them, and the 2 cars were racing. Even if he wasn't behind the wheel, he was condoning it, clearly, as both were under his name. Promoting street racing on a busy road like this is nothing short of reprehensible.
Agreed. I’m just curious how the criminal process is going to shake out. He’s going to get slaughtered on the civil side. Lots of parties are going to extract several pounds of flesh each.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:39 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:00 pm

Agreed. I’m just curious how the criminal process is going to shake out. He’s going to get slaughtered on the civil side. Lots of parties are going to extract several pounds of flesh each.
Insurance covers most claims in Texas. They will drag it out for years if not settled.

Not condoned but street racing is common in pretty much all cities

I expect a deserved suspension of multiple weeks if true.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:56 pm

We've seen people throw money at situations to make them go away. Doubt much will happen here, maybe he gets suspended a few games. Doesn't really matter much within the context of his entire career. The equivalent to pulling a hammy.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:14 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:39 pm

Insurance covers most claims in Texas. They will drag it out for years if not settled.

You think insurance is going to cover street racing? And if he claims he wasn’t driving the rental but signed up as the only driver? Then there’s the other people in the other vehicles.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:14 pm

You think insurance is going to cover street racing? And if he claims he wasn’t driving the rental but signed up as the only driver? Then there’s the other people in the other vehicles.
Generally the affected drivers will make a claim with their insurance company and name rice as the at fault driver. Their insurer will pay for their repairs and then go after rice to reimburse them that sum of money. And yes, I'm pretty sure street racing isn't covered in the comprehensive insurance policy. Can he tell them he was just in a hurry to get somewhere?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:37 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 pm

Generally the affected drivers will make a claim with their insurance company and name rice as the at fault driver. Their insurer will pay for their repairs and then go after rice to reimburse them that sum of money. And yes, I'm pretty sure street racing isn't covered in the comprehensive insurance policy. Can he tell them he was just in a hurry to get somewhere?
Both cars were in his name, so unlikely. :lol:

He either has to admit he was driving, or admit someone else who wasn't legally allowed to drive it was. He's screwed either way.
Janiel Dones Truther

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:50 pm

I have no doubt anyone involved that was hurt will go after the insurance companies. I am speaking about the liability coverage in the policy.

Insurance covers stupid, not saying it’s right but it is what will happen.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:39 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:50 pm

I have no doubt anyone involved that was hurt will go after the insurance companies. I am speaking about the liability coverage in the policy.

His policy likely covers the fact that he doesn't have a fully developed brain yet, too. :lol: :wink:
Janiel Dones Truther

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:58 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:39 pm

His policy likely covers the fact that he doesn't have a fully developed brain yet, too. :lol: :wink:
No doubt!
👍😂👍

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:00 am

If you look at your vehicle insurance, I’d imagine you’ll find exclusionary clauses that include activities like racing of any kind. He can submit to his insurance on his vehicle and most probably have the claim denied, the rental company will contact their insurance company (if he took it out) and they will likely be denied, and then the liability likely will go directly to him as the owner/renter of both racing vehicles even if he asserts he wasn’t driving since he has deep pockets and authorized use of the vehicles at the least. Then the insurance companies of the other vehicles/people involved will go directly at him as well. He’ll probably get current assets and future earnings attached.

And that’s just the financial end and doesn’t touch the criminal aspect or league discipline. This kind of high visibility action is not going to be viewed in a kindly light by The Shield even if the jurisdictional authority decides to go easy.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:26 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:00 am

If you look at your vehicle insurance, I’d imagine you’ll find exclusionary clauses that include activities like racing of any kind. He can submit to his insurance on his vehicle and most probably have the claim denied, the rental company will contact their insurance company (if he took it out) and they will likely be denied, and then the liability likely will go directly to him as the owner/renter of both racing vehicles even if he asserts he wasn’t driving since he has deep pockets and authorized use of the vehicles at the least. Then the insurance companies of the other vehicles/people involved will go directly at him as well. He’ll probably get current assets and future earnings attached.

And that’s just the financial end and doesn’t touch the criminal aspect or league discipline. This kind of high visibility action is not going to be viewed in a kindly light by The Shield even if the jurisdictional authority decides to go easy.
Texas law requires drivers carry at least liability insurance which is what I was referring to.

It covers up to x dollars for the vehicles and medical costs of those not at fault. Can’t remember the minimum but I think most would carry 6 figures on their policies.

Doesn’t mean Rice won’t get sued as well but I imagine he had insurance with those cars given value.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:39 am

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:26 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:00 am

Texas law requires drivers carry at least liability insurance which is what I was referring to.

It covers up to x dollars for the vehicles and medical costs of those not at fault. Can’t remember the minimum but I think most would carry 6 figures on their policies.

Doesn’t mean Rice won’t get sued as well but I imagine he had insurance with those cars given value.
Yeah, I get that Ice. But almost all - if not all - insurance policies will have exclusionary clauses. With auto insurance racing is usually encompassed in these. That would preclude any claims in this case. Insurance policies do not cover any and all actions by the insured.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:42 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:56 pm We've seen people throw money at situations to make them go away. Doubt much will happen here, maybe he gets suspended a few games. Doesn't really matter much within the context of his entire career. The equivalent to pulling a hammy.
Yeah it's a shitty decision. But, it's also the reality of what happens when 20 something year olds start making millions and can effortlessly afford top of the line cars. He won't be the last to do something like this.