The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

Postby mild » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:21 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:14 am jk, mild. I agree that Dak will likely become the highest paid QB with his next contract. Dak has all the leverage and when a good QB is completely unrestricted, he'll get the Brinks truck.
I never said the bolded. Merely that he will have terrific leverage, and will likely get a substantial contract from either Dallas or another team pretty much regardless of how this year goes.

As in, I think pretty much all of this:
Ice wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm It is not about a side or even leverage if you really think about it. Either you really believe Dak is worth a long term contract in the 60 plus million range TODAY or you don't.

The Cowboys don't need to sign him today and it looks like Dak will need a great year to get his money from Dallas or another team.
... is wrong. :lol:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:32 am

mild wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:21 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:14 am jk, mild. I agree that Dak will likely become the highest paid QB with his next contract. Dak has all the leverage and when a good QB is completely unrestricted, he'll get the Brinks truck.

I never said the bolded
. Merely that he will have terrific leverage, and will likely get a substantial contract from either Dallas or another team pretty much regardless of how this year goes.

As in, I think pretty much all of this:
Ice wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm It is not about a side or even leverage if you really think about it. Either you really believe Dak is worth a long term contract in the 60 plus million range TODAY or you don't.

The Cowboys don't need to sign him today and it looks like Dak will need a great year to get his money from Dallas or another team.
... is wrong. :lol:
No, you didn't say it exactly. And whether he's #1, 2 or 4 in the avg$/yr, it's all the same once you get to that point.

But your point that Dak will get paid is impossible to dispute. And being able to choose his destination in the process is the chef's kiss on top of the money.

I imagine Kirk would have been happy getting that payday anywhere. But getting it in a city that fits his family's desires has to be a lot better than being signed+traded to somewhere not of his choosing ... say Denver. For Dak to be in his prime, get the money, and choose the team is going to be great. I can't wait for next offseason.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:35 am

The reality is Dallas doesn’t need to sign Dak today. He is under contract.

Dak wants top of the market money. That won’t change. Dallas is basically saying show me by winning.

This is not uncommon. Starting QB’s in last year of their contracts

Dak
Tua
Love
Goff
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 am

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:35 am The reality is Dallas doesn’t need to sign Dak today. He is under contract.

Dak wants top of the market money. That won’t change. Dallas is basically saying show me by winning.

Dak
Tua
Love
Goff
Starting QBs in the last year of their contracts with no tag, no trade clause:

Dak

Dak got those clauses negotiated into his last contract. It would be surprising to say the least if he didn’t leverage them for his next contract. He’s in a different place than those other three as a result; they all have less leverage because they can be tagged.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:18 am

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:35 am The reality is Dallas doesn’t need to sign Dak today. He is under contract.

Dak
Tua
Love
Goff
ICE, Dak is in a completely different situation because he can't be tagged. Dak literally has all the leverage and Dallas is in a poor negotiating position. Dak isn't elite, but he has played well enough to make his current contract limiting moving forward
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:45 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:18 am

Dak
Tua
Love
Goff
ICE, Dak is in a completely different situation because he can't be tagged. Dak literally has all the leverage and Dallas is in a poor negotiating position. Dak isn't elite, but he has played well enough to make his current contract limiting moving forward
You seem to think that but in reality Dallas at this point isn’t even negotiating.

Dak will have great negotiating power if he plays great this year. If Dallas wins a title he will get top of the market money. He is pulling a Flacco.

He is entering year 9 with 2 playoff wins.

Why do think Dallas is hesitant? Would you give him Lamar Jackson money today?

OF COURSE NOT.

Negotiating position preseason is a straw-man argument.

I get you think he has all the power but if that really was the case he would already have his contract at the top of the market which is what he wants.

The real reality is several teams are looking at their QB’s trying to determine if they can actually win with them before shelling out a few hundred million dollars. The Tag is only a tool teams use when they want to keep a player. Dallas is in a holding pattern to even determine if they want to keep him long term or move on.

Could it cost Dallas more downstream to keep him...Of course it could but the risk is obviously acceptable at this point given the Cowboys success or lack there of.

From Dak's perspective, he is betting on himself. Noting wrong at all with that position either.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:59 am

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:45 am If Dallas wins a title he will get top of the market money. He is pulling a Flacco.
Wait. What? April fools?

:lol:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:03 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:59 am
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:45 am If Dallas wins a title he will get top of the market money. He is pulling a Flacco.
Wait. What? April fools?

:lol:
Hahahaha :thumbup: