Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm How is stuff like this allowed to go to print?

This is USA Today, or an affiliate of?

How does someone get paid to write with such a lack of understanding of the game of football?

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/lists ... -NpuH4posS

"We’re exploring a potential blockbuster trade scenario in the latest seven-round 2024 NFL mock draft:"

"The Chargers trade quarterback Justin Herbert and their 2024 first-round draft pick (No. 5) for the Patriots’ first-round pick (No. 3). Harbaugh, who has been signing McCarthy’s praises, would be getting a quarterback he’s familiar with on a rookie contract. With Keenan Allen, Mike Williams and Austin Ekeler gone, the Chargers could be considering a reboot.

The Patriots, on the other hand, get a talented young quarterback and a premium draft pick to add a major offensive weapon."
Lol wtf

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm How is stuff like this allowed to go to print?

How does someone get paid to write with such a lack of understanding of the game of football?

"We’re exploring a potential blockbuster trade scenario in the latest seven-round 2024 NFL mock draft:"

"The Chargers trade quarterback Justin Herbert and their 2024 first-round draft pick (No. 5) for the Patriots’ first-round pick (No. 3). Harbaugh, who has been signing McCarthy’s praises, would be getting a quarterback he’s familiar with on a rookie contract. With Keenan Allen, Mike Williams and Austin Ekeler gone, the Chargers could be considering a reboot.

The Patriots, on the other hand, get a talented young quarterback and a premium draft pick to add a major offensive weapon."
Lol wtf
should post that in the bad trade offers chat and let TStafford weigh in.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

I can see why you move off Herbert. For being so great, he has just as many pro bowl nods as Trubisky and all he did was lead you to teh 5th pick in the draft.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Shcritters wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am
Jrblaha wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am
81- wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am
I'd buy a new Ferrari without a test drive. Assuming a lottery win, my first stop would be the Ferrari dealer. Yes please
Haha. Depends on % of win money would be the car. I’m not spending most of my winnings on a car without driving it. What if I don’t fit, or it’s not comfortable, or fun to drive? If it’s only a small %, sure, who cares.
We've reached the point in the offseason where we're not debating players, but debating analogies used to describe said players.

We need the draft to come ASAP.
i don't think we are debating analogies. maybe which car is superior (it's Ferrari)

now i guess we are debating what is analogies. :lol:

we can go back to debating teh dumpiness of Green Bay. (The rest of WI is fantastic) :D

back to work......
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

81- wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Haha. Depends on % of win money would be the car. I’m not spending most of my winnings on a car without driving it. What if I don’t fit, or it’s not comfortable, or fun to drive? If it’s only a small %, sure, who cares.
We've reached the point in the offseason where we're not debating players, but debating analogies used to describe said players.

i don't think we are debating analogies. maybe which car is superior (it's Ferrari)

we can go back to debating teh dumpiness of Green Bay. (The rest of WI is fantastic) :D

back to work......
See now you are talking! We really need the draft to come quick. I can’t remember a Dynasty off season like this. Maybe the way Goodell likes to tweak things he will have a slow draft of 5 picks per day for six weeks!
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke

Picks

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

81- wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm I can see why you move off Herbert. For being so great, he has just as many pro bowl nods as Trubisky and all he did was lead you to teh 5th pick in the draft.
Except that you'd eliminate any gains made by having a Rookie QB by incurring over 100 million in dead cap by trading Herbert. :lol:

You sleep in the bed you make. Chargers are completely committed to sleeping in their Mitch Trubisky / Justin Herbert bed (cos apparently those two QB's are analogous now... :lol: )

There's a reason the author is smoking crack and banging out articles for failing media companies desperate for clicks. Just write the most clickbaity thing possible and publish it. Who cares about a fact checker, that stuff is for squares... :boohoo:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

mild wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm
81- wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm I can see why you move off Herbert. For being so great, he has just as many pro bowl nods as Trubisky and all he did was lead you to teh 5th pick in the draft.
Except that you'd eliminate any gains made by having a Rookie QB by incurring over 100 million in dead cap by trading Herbert. :lol:

You sleep in the bed you make. Chargers are completely committed to sleeping in their Mitch Trubisky / Justin Herbert bed (cos apparently those two QB's are analogous now... :lol: )

There's a reason the author is smoking crack and banging out articles for failing media companies desperate for clicks. Just write the most clickbaity thing possible and publish it. Who cares about a fact checker, that stuff is for squares... :boohoo:
:lol: if that "author" can publish this, I think we can safely say Mitch and Justin are equals.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 pm

TheTroll wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

back to work......
See now you are talking! We really need the draft to come quick. I can’t remember a Dynasty off season like this. Maybe the way Goodell likes to tweak things he will have a slow draft of 5 picks per day for six weeks!
If Goodell does that, I’ll likely light my car on fire.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

TheTroll wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

back to work......
I mean if we could start it mid March…
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

back to work......
You’re mean

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am My two cents on the whole Nabers, MHJR, Odunze debate. All three appear to be pretty safe bets to be WR's we covet in real life and in fantasy. Measurements and numbers are not my first thing I look at and even less so when it is the top tiers of players. I see Marvin as the best WR based on what I have seen him put on tape. I will be taking him first. I expect him to be the 1st WR taken. Him skipping testing re-enforces my belief he thinks he is going to be the 1st WR taken so he has nothing to gain running. Hell, maybe he is afraid that NE will fall in love and he doesn't want to land there........
I'm with you on all of this (with the exception of the NE speculation - which I know is tongue in cheek).

However I wonder what happens if one of these guys lands badly and has a 750 yard rookie season. That's an entirely possible scenario. NEP, NYG, CHI and to a lesser extent TEN all could pull the trigger. How good is one of these guys going to be as a rookie if they are buried behind DJM, Keenan, Swift and Kmet? I'd rank that WR outside my top-40 for '24 redraft. In the past, this wouldn't have mattered much. FF managers were of the mind that you had to be patient with rookie WRs. That thinking has shifted for a good percentage of the community.

Maybe these guys have the draft capital to weather a bad rookie season and retain their value. But if one of them lands badly, that player may have a lot less value to a segment of FF managers. I suppose the way to manage that is to ignore and hold. But I'd for sure rather have Addison right now than JSN if I was looking to make a trade.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am
murphysxm wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am My two cents on the whole Nabers, MHJR, Odunze debate. All three appear to be pretty safe bets to be WR's we covet in real life and in fantasy. Measurements and numbers are not my first thing I look at and even less so when it is the top tiers of players. I see Marvin as the best WR based on what I have seen him put on tape. I will be taking him first. I expect him to be the 1st WR taken. Him skipping testing re-enforces my belief he thinks he is going to be the 1st WR taken so he has nothing to gain running. Hell, maybe he is afraid that NE will fall in love and he doesn't want to land there........
I'm with you on all of this (with the exception of the NE speculation - which I know is tongue in cheek).

However I wonder what happens if one of these guys lands badly and has a 750 yard rookie season. That's an entirely possible scenario. NEP, NYG, CHI and to a lesser extent TEN all could pull the trigger. How good is one of these guys going to be as a rookie if they are buried behind DJM, Keenan, Swift and Kmet? I'd rank that WR outside my top-40 for '24 redraft. In the past, this wouldn't have mattered much. FF managers were of the mind that you had to be patient with rookie WRs. That thinking has shifted for a good percentage of the community.

Maybe these guys have the draft capital to weather a bad rookie season and retain their value. But if one of them lands badly, that player may have a lot less value to a segment of FF managers. I suppose the way to manage that is to ignore and hold. But I'd for sure rather have Addison right now than JSN if I was looking to make a trade.
all good stuff. this is where the savvy dynasty owner swoops in mid season and buys low on a rookie that is buried on a Depth Chart season 1 and can capitalize in the future.
Team 1

Picks

Team 2

Picks

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am How good is one of these guys going to be as a rookie if they are buried behind DJM, Keenan, Swift and Kmet?
I don't see any of these WR's being buried behind any of these assets.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am
tstafford wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:00 am How good is one of these guys going to be as a rookie if they are buried behind DJM, Keenan, Swift and Kmet?
You see Odunze as the bears #2 passing target if he goes to the bears? (For this year)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:35 am

Jrblaha wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am
murphysxm wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am
You see Odunze as the bears #2 passing target if he goes to the bears? (For this year)
I see by the end of the year he will have shown himself to be the best pass catcher on the team moving forward. I love KA, but age is age. At best Moore is Odunze's equal IMO. In the context of the original point, I don't see any of these three WR's losing fantasy value landing in Chicago.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts