Jefferson or the Rooks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

What are you choosing

MHJ and Nabers
76%
Jefferson
24%

Total votes: 29

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Jefferson or the Rooks

Postby SStory93 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

Which side?
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

JamboMac
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Jefferson or the Rooks

Postby JamboMac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

If you're in full blown rebuild then the younger guys. One of them is likely to hit, two of them give you a much better chance.
12 team - 1QB, PPR
QB- Mahomes, Geno, Dobbs
RB- Ekeler, Taylor, Z.White, B.Robinson, Mattison, Stevenson, Zeke
WR- Allen, Jefferson, Tyreek, AJ Brown, M.Thomas, Atwell
TE- McBride, Waller, J.Smith

12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP
QB - Allen, Lawrence, Jackson
RB - JT, Etienne, Hall, K.Williams, Gibbs, Dobbins
WR - Lamb, St Brown, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, JSN, Meyers
TE - Pitts, Engram, Freiermuth, Otton,

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm

JamboMac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm If you're in full blown rebuild then the younger guys. One of them is likely to hit, two of them give you a much better chance.
JJ for me. You’re betting on both to hit to win this trade. If one hits, one doesn’t…you’re in the same spot. And that’s assuming they hit to the extent JJ has. Or you’re still behind anyway.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

I'll take the rookies, especially now with Cousins gone.

JamboMac
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JamboMac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm
JamboMac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm If you're in full blown rebuild then the younger guys. One of them is likely to hit, two of them give you a much better chance.
JJ for me. You’re betting on both to hit to win this trade. If one hits, one doesn’t…you’re in the same spot. And that’s assuming they hit to the extent JJ has. Or you’re still behind anyway.
I get you, I've been struggling with the idea of trading Jefferson myself. But when you're in a rebuild you have to take these risks, and this draft has 3 WRs that could all potentially explode. Best time to make that move imo. If you aren't struggling for assets and expect to mount a challenge in a season or two, then Jefferson all day long. It sucks losing him no matter what really.
12 team - 1QB, PPR
QB- Mahomes, Geno, Dobbs
RB- Ekeler, Taylor, Z.White, B.Robinson, Mattison, Stevenson, Zeke
WR- Allen, Jefferson, Tyreek, AJ Brown, M.Thomas, Atwell
TE- McBride, Waller, J.Smith

12 team - SF, PPR, 0.25PPC, 1.5 TEP
QB - Allen, Lawrence, Jackson
RB - JT, Etienne, Hall, K.Williams, Gibbs, Dobbins
WR - Lamb, St Brown, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, JSN, Meyers
TE - Pitts, Engram, Freiermuth, Otton,

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

JamboMac wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm
I get you, I've been struggling with the idea of trading Jefferson myself. But when you're in a rebuild you have to take these risks, and this draft has 3 WRs that could all potentially explode. Best time to make that move imo. If you aren't struggling for assets and expect to mount a challenge in a season or two, then Jefferson all day long. It sucks losing him no matter what really.
I don’t disagree on the rebuild aspect and needing more assets. If something like this was on the table, I’d much rather get one pick and something of similar value to the other pick in a proven asset instead. But that’s just me personally. Everyone is different.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

Ooooof. You are pitting one LSU God vs a LSU DemiGod. Tough for me here. I “guess” if you were in complete tear down mode maybe but honestly this is JJ…I would actually ask for a bit more.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Black Adam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Black Adam » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

The rookies. Just :pray: that they both hit though.
10 Tm Dynasty 1QB/IDP/1.0 PPR/40 Rst
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 2 R/W/T, 1 PK, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 2 IDP

2015: 7th 💩
2016: 4th :x
2017: 8th 💩
2018: 3rd 🥉
2019: 6th 💩
2020: 1st 🥇
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: 1st 🥇

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Good value for jj getting the 1-01 and 1-02 thinks it’s fair
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

If one hits major like JJ and the other is still decent, it’s still a win tho. Guess it depends on what you mean by hit

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Its prob even

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

Jrblaha wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm
If one hits major like JJ and the other is still decent, it’s still a win tho. Guess it depends on what you mean by hit
This is how I look at "hit" in this scenario.

Jefferson has HIT and HIT BIG. For the last two seasons he's basically been ranked as overall dynasty WR1. This offseason after missing half of 2023, he's still overall WR1 or WR2.

MHJr and Nabers are hopeful to hit. Even if I'm being generously optimistic, I don't see anyway to realistically predict either will be better than a career long WR11-15 for the next 7-8 seasons. Compared to 2023 stats, that puts them on a level with Nico/Aiyuk/Pittman/Olave/Deebo.

Putting names on this helps me picture this better. Now we're talking about Jefferson for Pittman+Deebo. Or Jefferson for Aiyuk+Olave.

Now, if one of MHJr/Nabers doesn't hit those projections, he might slide down to a career WR22. That's not too bad. Then we're talking Jefferson for Pittman+Addison. Or Jefferson for Nico+JReed.

We have to remember that approximately half of the current T10WR was not projected to be that good. Jefferson was way down the list, round WR4-7 for the 2020 draft, with Jeudy/Reagor usually higher rated. In 2021, Devonta/Bateman/EMoore were usually in the mix for WR2-5. ARSB was nowhere to be found. Do we even want to go back and look at the 2019 rankings with N'Keal at the top? In 2016 Tyreek was nowhere near the top of the lists, but Shepherd/Treadwell/Doctson/Fuller were mentioned as top WRs to target.

I have a hard time justifying giving up a young consensus Top2WR for two maybes. But I understand the hope that maybe you turn two Maybes into two Jeffersons. Good luck with that.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

Jefferson has HIT and HIT BIG. For the last two seasons he's basically been ranked as overall dynasty WR1. This offseason after missing half of 2023, he's still overall WR1 or WR2.

MHJr and Nabers are hopeful to hit. Even if I'm being generously optimistic, I don't see anyway to realistically predict either will be better than a career long WR11-15 for the next 7-8 seasons. Compared to 2023 stats, that puts them on a level with Nico/Aiyuk/Pittman/Olave/Deebo.

Putting names on this helps me picture this better. Now we're talking about Jefferson for Pittman+Deebo. Or Jefferson for Aiyuk+Olave.

Now, if one of MHJr/Nabers doesn't hit those projections, he might slide down to a career WR22. That's not too bad. Then we're talking Jefferson for Pittman+Addison. Or Jefferson for Nico+JReed.

We have to remember that approximately half of the current T10WR was not projected to be that good. Jefferson was way down the list, round WR4-7 for the 2020 draft, with Jeudy/Reagor usually higher rated. In 2021, Devonta/Bateman/EMoore were usually in the mix for WR2-5. ARSB was nowhere to be found. Do we even want to go back and look at the 2019 rankings with N'Keal [/b]at the top? In 2016 Tyreek was nowhere near the top of the lists, but Shepherd/Treadwell/Doctson/Fuller were mentioned as top WRs to target.

I have a hard time justifying giving up a young consensus Top2WR for two maybes. But I understand the hope that maybe you turn two Maybes into two Jeffersons. Good luck with that.
While I tend to agree with you, the flaw in your logic is that many people don't agree with the bolded part. MHJR was anointed as a top-5 dynasty WR months ago and now Nabers is considered by many to be in the same tier. People are projecting AJG/Julio for these two, not Pittman/Deebo.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

We have to remember that approximately half of the current T10WR was not projected to be that good. Jefferson was way down the list, round WR4-7 for the 2020 draft, with Jeudy/Reagor usually higher rated. In 2021, Devonta/Bateman/EMoore were usually in the mix for WR2-5. ARSB was nowhere to be found. Do we even want to go back and look at the 2019 rankings with N'Keal [/b]at the top? In 2016 Tyreek was nowhere near the top of the lists, but Shepherd/Treadwell/Doctson/Fuller were mentioned as top WRs to target.

While I tend to agree with you, the flaw in your logic is that many people don't agree with the bolded part. MHJR was anointed as a top-5 dynasty WR months ago and now Nabers is considered by many to be in the same tier. People are projecting AJG/Julio for these two, not Pittman/Deebo.
Fully agree this is the widely accepted opinion.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:41 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:39 am
tstafford wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

Fully agree this is the widely accepted opinion.
To be clear - I'm not endorsing it. Just decoding it!