Aidan O'Connell: The Man, The Myth, The Legend

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

What is O'Connell's outlook?

Legend - not necessarily Brady level, but a 10yr starter who would be startable in fantasy playoffs
18%
Myth - average to above average like JimmyG
19%
Man - decent backend starter material
29%
Flop - Mr Clipboard or bounced out altogether
34%

Total votes: 62

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Aidan O'Connell: The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:15 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:09 pm Raiders | Aidan O'Connell getting starting chance? Sun Mar 24, 03:15 PM

"Las Vegas Raiders QB Aidan O'Connell earned the right to compete in hopes of retaining the starting role, head coach Antonio Pierce said Sunday, March 24."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

The legend will not die! (yet).
My brother in Christ, he lost a 3-0 ball game in a Dome. :lol:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:43 pm

mild wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:15 pm
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:09 pm Raiders | Aidan O'Connell getting starting chance? Sun Mar 24, 03:15 PM

"Las Vegas Raiders QB Aidan O'Connell earned the right to compete in hopes of retaining the starting role, head coach Antonio Pierce said Sunday, March 24."
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Just having some fun. Figure it won't be too long before this fun little chat slowly slides into the rabbit hole. Only to be necro'd at some point down the road when he gets a spot start because the guy he's backing up gets hurt.

And... Things are really slow now that the meat of free-agency is off the bone. The draft really needs to get here, fast!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:43 pm

Just having some fun. Figure it won't be too long before this fun little chat slowly slides into the rabbit hole. Only to be necro'd at some point down the road when he gets a spot start because the guy he's backing up gets hurt.

And... Things are really slow now that the meat of free-agency is off the bone. The draft really needs to get here, fast!
That’s how it all started for the former GOAT!

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:26 am

We all have to appreciate a pitchers duel at times!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:35 am

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401326551

:whistle:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:44 am

That the team is giving him a chance to compete with Minshew says all you need to know.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:23 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:35 am

:lol:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:09 am

Has a higher ypg in his first season than Tom Brady did in either of his first two seasons.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:56 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 26, 2024 7:38 am

Guys…
To add some fuel to your fire, an episode of Maxx Croby's The Rush literally dropped yesterday with AOC as a guest where he says he's been working out directly with Brady's guy Alex Guerrero. He says that he gets a lot of Brady related tips from Guerrero and that he has talked to Tom himself a couple time. And he also flat out says that he models his game after Brady.
He does pour cold water on the changing 4 to 12 number tho haha. They ask if he picked 12 because of Tom and he says no, that they just assigned him 4 and he didn't want 4 because that was "Derek's number". Jakobi already had his college number 16 and they gave 9 to Tyree Wilson so he just went with 12 because it was open

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun May 26, 2024 7:54 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:38 am Guys…
To add some fuel to your fire, an episode of Maxx Croby's The Rush literally dropped yesterday with AOC as a guest where he says he's been working out directly with Brady's guy Alex Guerrero. He says that he gets a lot of Brady related tips from Guerrero and that he has talked to Tom himself a couple time. And he also flat out says that he models his game after Brady.
He does pour cold water on the changing 4 to 12 number tho haha. They ask if he picked 12 because of Tom and he says no, that they just assigned him 4 and he didn't want 4 because that was "Derek's number". Jakobi already had his college number 16 and they gave 9 to Tyree Wilson so he just went with 12 because it was open
Is he also sliding in to Gisele's DMs?

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Sun May 26, 2024 7:58 am

i model my game after pelé, platini and maradona, and i spoke to ibrahimovic once!
how come i'm not a Serie A superstar i'll never know.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 26, 2024 6:59 pm

mild wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:57 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:45 pm Penix was awful tonight, I think he lost draft stock, big time.
I think he lost stock equal to what he gained last week against Texas.

I am still wildly fascinated by which OC / GM combo is going to say "I can work with him" in the NFL. There'll definitely still be somebody, and I think he's still a 1st rounder.
Atlanta, at least, didn't seem to care. I was off on this one. Good call.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun May 26, 2024 7:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:59 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:45 pm Penix was awful tonight, I think he lost draft stock, big time.

I am still wildly fascinated by which OC / GM combo is going to say "I can work with him" in the NFL. There'll definitely still be somebody, and I think he's still a 1st rounder.
Thanks man. Can't say I saw Atlanta at 8 when I wrote that, though.

It was actually pretty startling to hear that it wasn't just Atlanta trying to take him in the Top 10. Those in the League that believe, truly believe.

Seahawks, Raiders, Saints were all trying to come up.

Seattle in particular feels notable to me, given the presence of Grubb. Clearly, he had no concerns about his ability to translate to the pros having worked with him already - enough to the point that he had convinced the GM to wager future capital to go up and attempt to get him.

You mentioned you got him in your No Konami league. I think he's a rock star in that format.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 26, 2024 7:47 pm

mild wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:20 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:59 pm

Thanks man. Can't say I saw Atlanta at 8 when I wrote that, though.

It was actually pretty startling to hear that it wasn't just Atlanta trying to take him in the Top 10. Those in the League that believe, truly believe.

Seahawks, Raiders, Saints were all trying to come up.

Seattle in particular feels notable to me, given the presence of Grubb. Clearly, he had no concerns about his ability to translate to the pros having worked with him already - enough to the point that he had convinced the GM to wager future capital to go up and attempt to get him.

You mentioned you got him in your No Konami league. I think he's a rock star in that format.
That's my hope too, with it being geared towards passing QB's. If they extend Pitts, he will have quite the array of weapons, in a dome, with another dome game vs NO, and TB and Carolina can often be fair weather games too, depending on time of year. I have a soft spot for him too, because he's a lefty, like myself. Guy has come through a lot of adversity too, I'm pulling for him. Always better to have more good QB in the league.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".