Drop list bubble

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Drop list bubble

Postby zoster80 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:00 pm

This is for PLP below.

I made an all in move to get CMC and Hopkins, I got a bunch of garbage that I need to drop.

I need to drop a bunch of guys to get down to 27(23 active Roster + 4 Taxi), prior to draft.

These are the ones I think I'm keeping which are easy drops.

Easy Drops
Dobbs
Stidham
T Hudson
Patrick Taylor
Dernest Johnson
Chris Evans
Justin Watson
Logan Thomas
R Woods

Bubble guys (need to cut 6 of these below)
Pretty sure
Hunt
Higbee
Brenton Strange
Gallup

Not sure yet
Emanuel Wilson
CEH
Chark
Charlie Jones
P Washington

Any of these obvious that I'm missing? Anyone here have a chance to contribute to a contender?
Last edited by zoster80 on Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Drop list bubble

Postby Paul717 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:26 pm

Ok this MIGHT be a bit of Penn State bias...but I'm not ready to give up on Brenton Strange or Parker Washington yet. I don't know, with Ridley gone there might be more targets for these second-year guys next year?

When do these cuts need to be made? Hopefully not soon. It would nice to see how some of the RBs fare with rookie competition and camp battles before making a decision. Ultimately the best value might be to find a way to keep some of the RBs on your list, assuming they aren't victims of roster cut downs in the summer.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:51 pm

Paul717 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:26 pm Ok this MIGHT be a bit of Penn State bias...but I'm not ready to give up on Brenton Strange or Parker Washington yet. I don't know, with Ridley gone there might be more targets for these second-year guys next year?

When do these cuts need to be made? Hopefully not soon. It would nice to see how some of the RBs fare with rookie competition and camp battles before making a decision. Ultimately the best value might be to find a way to keep some of the RBs on your list, assuming they aren't victims of roster cut downs in the summer.
I wish we could have training camp, E Wilson could beat out Dillon, Hunt could resign somewhere, CEH could revive somewhere, but we draft in May after the draft, so these choices have to be made with less information.

Yeah Strange and Washington hurt, I may even re draft them once they are in the pool, it's just tough to make some cuts, I'd have to consider guys like M Carter, T Scott, Dortch, Gainwell or Carr, which I feel like all of them are more likely to contribute if the right injuries happen. Obviously I'm trying to move some of these guys for late picks to at least get some value back, but most people aren't too interested.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:07 pm

zoster80 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:51 pm
Paul717 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:26 pm Ok this MIGHT be a bit of Penn State bias...but I'm not ready to give up on Brenton Strange or Parker Washington yet. I don't know, with Ridley gone there might be more targets for these second-year guys next year?

I wish we could have training camp, E Wilson could beat out Dillon, Hunt could resign somewhere, CEH could revive somewhere, but we draft in May after the draft, so these choices have to be made with less information.

Yeah Strange and Washington hurt, I may even re draft them once they are in the pool, it's just tough to make some cuts, I'd have to consider guys like M Carter, T Scott, Dortch, Gainwell or Carr, which I feel like all of them are more likely to contribute if the right injuries happen. Obviously I'm trying to move some of these guys for late picks to at least get some value back, but most people aren't too interested.
Ok, at least you have until after the NFL draft. Worrying about the end of your roster guys is the mark of a good manager! They is always worry that someone you drop will contribute on another roster. We should revisit again after the draft and debate depth chart things like "Could this player be their WR3 or could this player be their TE2?" and align that information with your team needs. As it stands, no one stands out as a "super obvious drop" right now but I've already admitted my PSU bias and I probably have others, lol. Given that other teams are facing the same cuts, at least you know there will be non-rookies in the draft worth a look. In my league this starts to be the case around round 3 to 4 ish.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:11 pm

I'm fine with everyone listed. Of the maybe(s), I'd drop Wilson (behind Dillon until he's not) and Washington (WR4 behind Kirk, Davis, and Zay and it wouldn't be surprising at all if the grab a rookie in the upcoming draft).