Murray -v- 1.13

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which Side?

Kyler Murray
100%
No votes

Total votes: 7

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Murray -v- 1.13

Postby Adam_172 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:11 am

Hey all,

Been a while since I was on here - hope everyone is okay this offseason!

For Team 1 below i've had a shocking offseason with all 3 of my QB's losing their job :wall: :boohoo:

I tanked last year and ended with 1.02 (probably Nabers) and then won the 1.13 in the Toilet Bowl. I would think I'm probably middle of the pack this year (maybe low end with no QB!). I have a heap of serviceable RB's but limited WR's. Luckily I drafted Tank and Puca last year in the 4th.

I made an offer of 2.02 for Kyler Murray and he countered with 1.13.

Seeing as i'm not competing do you guys think this trade is worth it for my build or just try and use the 1.13 or 2.02 for a rookie QB?
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Murray -v- 1.13

Postby tstafford » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 am

I mean if you were willing to pay the 2.02, what's the difference of giving the 1.13? Just a couple of spots, right? It's a reasonable price to pay for Kyler in a 1QB league where you desperately need a QB. I'm taking Kyler over the rookies other than CW for now. And my guess is CW doesn't make it to the 2nd round in most drafts.

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:55 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:34 am I mean if you were willing to pay the 2.02, what's the difference of giving the 1.13? Just a couple of spots, right? It's a reasonable price to pay for Kyler in a 1QB league where you desperately need a QB. I'm taking Kyler over the rookies other than CW for now. And my guess is CW doesn't make it to the 2nd round in most drafts.
Yeah, only 2 spots difference so it shouldn't make a huge difference if I was dead set on the deal. I'm more questioning whether I should use the pick for a rookie QB and not an established top 10(?) QB when I'm not competing.

Your view seems to be that the value is there, outside of Caleb, any way so you would take the deal?
TEAM 1

RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:20 am

That's pretty good value for Murray.

Sitting here in March, all draft picks look shiny and nice.

Probably when the dust settles, it won't look as good in that range of picks. It's entirely possible CW isn't the only QB that doesn't make it to 1.13, even in a 1 QB league. You can take a closer look at your league draft history, league mates, and their team needs; and try to guess which QBs MIGHT be available at that slot. Then compare that rookie QB to Murray and think about which one you'd rather have. That's one way of approaching it.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

collbey
All Pro
All Pro

Postby collbey » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:26 am

On value Murray is worth the 1.13. The downside is if you are still rebuilding, he will likely hurt next year's draft spot.

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:22 am

Paul717 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:20 am That's pretty good value for Murray.

Sitting here in March, all draft picks look shiny and nice.

Probably when the dust settles, it won't look as good in that range of picks. It's entirely possible CW isn't the only QB that doesn't make it to 1.13, even in a 1 QB league. You can take a closer look at your league draft history, league mates, and their team needs; and try to guess which QBs MIGHT be available at that slot. Then compare that rookie QB to Murray and think about which one you'd rather have. That's one way of approaching it.
For comparison, I got Fields at 2.05 in his rookie year and last year AR went at 1.07 and the next QB's were Young at 2.08 then Stroud at 2.10
TEAM 1

DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:23 am

collbey wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:26 am On value Murray is worth the 1.13. The downside is if you are still rebuilding, he will likely hurt next year's draft spot.
This is what I'm thinking, I think the value is there but atm I wouldn't be rolling out a QB so a #9 place finish could easily turn in to a #6 place finish which is the worst place to be - neither rebuilding nor challenging.
TEAM 1

DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:45 am

Piling on the value is pretty good but if you don’t think you have any real chance to compete just trot out no qb and tank to a top 3 pick..

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:49 am

Mtt33 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:45 am Piling on the value is pretty good but if you don’t think you have any real chance to compete just trot out no qb and tank to a top 3 pick..
Exactly what i'm debating.

On that note, I've done NO research for 2025. How is that class looking? Any MHJ clones or other generational talents that should make me want to tank next year?
TEAM 1

DEF - Bills, Vikings.

TEAM 2

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:09 am

if you arent competing it doesnt benefit you to have a starting qb. oops all my guys lost their job nothing i can do about that. id prob keep building thru the draft and worry about qb last. ive made titles with some really wild options in 1qb leagues. heck last year you could have started minshew and then flacco and won it all lol
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:10 am

Adam_172 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:49 am
Mtt33 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:45 am Piling on the value is pretty good but if you don’t think you have any real chance to compete just trot out no qb and tank to a top 3 pick..
Exactly what i'm debating.

On that note, I've done NO research for 2025. How is that class looking? Any MHJ clones or other generational talents that should make me want to tank next year?
No but the rb class is supposed to be strong, always better to have a higher pick, could trade it if needed.