Target Tank Dell? Value?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Target Tank Dell? Value?

Postby Anteaters » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:48 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm I said what I said!
:lol:

DD smashes the gavel several times and says, "Tank Dell. IS! THAT! GUY! Case closed."
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:21 am

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:38 pm
PigeonBoys wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:23 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:58 pm

8 games isn’t a bad sample size, also it was 10 games not 8, and even 8 is far more data than 0 nfl games. Especially when combined with other data points I talked about:

His QB hasn’t changed and had a great rookie year. QBs often get better after their rookie years.

His WR room hasn’t changed. It’s still a 1A 1B situation with him and Nico. If they add a WR we can debate who that hurts more (and we’ll probably disagree), but as of now, CJs main targets are the same.

He was a top 12 WR in ppg as a rookie. WRs often get better after their rookie year, and last year he was a fantasy WR1 in ppg, as a rookie.

Also, Tank was getting more targets as the year went on. Weeks 1-8 averaged under 6 targets a game, and for his last 4 weeks (Weeks 9-12) he averaged over 10 targets a game. Cavet that Nico was out part of game 9 and missed game 10, but was there games 11 and 12, while Tank still amassed 10 targets (and his high in yards at 149) and 8 targets.

DSmith has been successful with a worse BMI.

I can get some more detailed numbers later if you need it, but these data points alone seem like a good enough reason to take him over the WR10 of this class.
If you say so. Good luck!
Interesting response after I provided/clarified more data, per your request. Holla prior to the season when you have your 10 Rookie WRs > Tank. Cheers
It is abundantly clear that we don’t speak the same language insofar as analysis is concerned, I’ve stated my points and I’ve grown tired of your communication. You put up some target stats great, if that’s the height of your analysis of players I’m done having the conversation which is why I merely stated good luck!
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:37 am

PigeonBoys wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:21 am
Jrblaha wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:38 pm
PigeonBoys wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:23 pm

If you say so. Good luck!
Interesting response after I provided/clarified more data, per your request. Holla prior to the season when you have your 10 Rookie WRs > Tank. Cheers
It is abundantly clear that we don’t speak the same language insofar as analysis is concerned, I’ve stated my points and I’ve grown tired of your communication. You put up some target stats great, if that’s the height of your analysis of players I’m done having the conversation which is why I merely stated good luck!
I put up more than target share stats. Yes, you’ve stated your points that somehow my data isn’t data and your data which can all be summarized as you’ve concluded he’s a small WR, and you’re worried about that and snaps is somehow more data in your opinion. You’re very hypocritical in your analysis of other analysis, and I doubt you ever provide me the 10 rookie WRs that are > than Tank prior to the season. But, again, I’d love this list after the draft or whenever you can provide it, even if it turns out later I’m wrong. I’m fascinated to know what 10 rookie WRs you’d trade Dell for.

“Good luck!”
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:38 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:48 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm I said what I said!
:lol:

DD smashes the gavel several times and says, "Tank Dell. IS! THAT! GUY! Case closed."
This is the way. In DD we trust. Lisan al Gaib.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:10 am

Dell value down a few rounds?

WOATjohn
Captain
Captain

Postby WOATjohn » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:15 am

Man and I was trying to trade AJB for a Dell package yesterday. Thankfully he wouldn’t budge lol
12tm SF/TEP 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, 1SF
**23 Champ**
QB: Hurts, Goff, Mayfield, B Zappe
RB: Ekeler, Pollard, Mostert, Warren, A Jones, Mattison, Dillon, D Cook, Gray
WR: Hill, Moore, Adams, D Smith, Cooper, Dortch, Hardman
TE: Kelce, Ferguson, I Smith, Ruckert, Hendershot, Washington
3, 4

12tm PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3FLX
1st rd exit
QB: Jackson, Watson, Howell
RB: Breece, Bijan, Mostert, R Johnson, Demercado, D Foreman, Gray, D Johnson
WR: Tyreek Hill, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith, Smith-Njigba, J Williams, D Bell, Bateman, N Brown, Phillips, Gage, Iosivas
TE: Kincaid, Ferguson, Granson

12tm PPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
FULL REBUILD
QB: Richardson, Ridder, Lance
RB: Achane, Javonte, Ahmed, Abanikanda, Strong, Scott, Penny, McBride
WR: G Davis, Hollywood, M Wilson, WanDale, Pierce, R Moore, Bell, Marshall
TE: Freiermuth, Kraft, Knox, Ruckert, Schoonmaker, Strange
1.01, 1.08, 1.12, 2.01, 3.01, 3.07, 3.08, 4.01, 4.02, 4.11, 5.01, 5.05, 5.10

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:35 am

Time to buy Dell. Window is open boys

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:35 am Time to buy Dell. Window is open boys
What's the "buy low" in your opinion? Genuinely curious to see where value has shifted considering there was talk of buying Dell for 1.04 in this thread. I have a feeling Dell owners are still looking to get top value and others see the addition of Diggs and see a possible buy low opportunity, I just have a feeling there is going to be an even larger disparity what buyers are willing to give and what sellers are looking to get. Lots more unknowns in Houston now so no matter who you take a stab at, it is much more of a risk than it was two weeks ago.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:54 pm

PigeonBoys wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:35 am Time to buy Dell. Window is open boys
What's the "buy low" in your opinion? Genuinely curious to see where value has shifted considering there was talk of buying Dell for 1.04 in this thread. I have a feeling Dell owners are still looking to get top value and others see the addition of Diggs and see a possible buy low opportunity, I just have a feeling there is going to be an even larger disparity what buyers are willing to give and what sellers are looking to get. Lots more unknowns in Houston now so no matter who you take a stab at, it is much more of a risk than it was two weeks ago.
In superflex I am considering two options:
- Dell and Walker for Pickens and 1.09
- Dell and Watson for Waddle and Diontae Johnston

I don't feel warm or fuzzy about either, but prior to this I wouldn't have considered either.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:34 pm

PigeonBoys wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 pm
In SF, given the recent events, I’d say he’s a strong buy at 1.09 or later.

Edit: Just sent 2.01 + 2.12 for Dell. So about equivalent to the 1.09

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:41 am

Do you find that people really panic and sell low in your leagues?
I can't seem to find any of these managers in my leagues.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:21 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:41 am
Not all the time, but being in several different leagues, if I send out offers in all of them I’ll usually get 1 guy somewhere that is trying to dump the distressed asset. Sometimes it isn’t about getting them for nothing, it can be the difference between having to wildly overpay or even being unobtainable, to now you can actually pay appropriate value or even a little less to acquire.

Last season when Gibbs wasn’t being used a lot I sent out offers in all my leagues (7 leagues at the time) and I got 1 bite. So 6 owners weren’t worried in the slightest but 1 was. You just gotta find that one guy. That’s why I recommend being in several dynasty leagues (probably 6 leagues is the sweet spot for casual dynasty player, and more if you are a die hard)

So for example I just sent out offers for Dell and Rice in 4 leagues. So to 8 different people. Most rejected with no counter, a few offers are still sitting there, and I got 1 bite as I listed above (he countered my 2.01 for Dell with this resulting trade: I gave 2.01 + 2.12 to get Dell). On KTC that is equivalent to giving the 1.09 for Dell, which is what I said above is a good price to buy. Before the news, the guy probably isn’t trading him away for that. But the Diggs news along with increasing rookie fever allowed the deal to get done. If I tried to get Dell for 2 2nds a few months ago I would have been swiftly rejected. It’s all about timing and a little luck.

Also may depend on your team construction. I did the above trade on a team where I’m a strong contender (back to back champ), with some need for depth at wr, and so converting some “what if” draft picks into a strong asset that I can plug into my lineup if needed was a no brainer to me.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:14 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:21 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:41 am
Not all the time, but being in several different leagues, if I send out offers in all of them I’ll usually get 1 guy somewhere that is trying to dump the distressed asset. Sometimes it isn’t about getting them for nothing, it can be the difference between having to wildly overpay or even being unobtainable, to now you can actually pay appropriate value or even a little less to acquire.

Last season when Gibbs wasn’t being used a lot I sent out offers in all my leagues (7 leagues at the time) and I got 1 bite. So 6 owners weren’t worried in the slightest but 1 was. You just gotta find that one guy. That’s why I recommend being in several dynasty leagues (probably 6 leagues is the sweet spot for casual dynasty player, and more if you are a die hard)

So for example I just sent out offers for Dell and Rice in 4 leagues. So to 8 different people. Most rejected with no counter, a few offers are still sitting there, and I got 1 bite as I listed above (he countered my 2.01 for Dell with this resulting trade: I gave 2.01 + 2.12 to get Dell). On KTC that is equivalent to giving the 1.09 for Dell, which is what I said above is a good price to buy. Before the news, the guy probably isn’t trading him away for that. But the Diggs news along with increasing rookie fever allowed the deal to get done. If I tried to get Dell for 2 2nds a few months ago I would have been swiftly rejected. It’s all about timing and a little luck.

Also may depend on your team construction. I did the above trade on a team where I’m a strong contender (back to back champ), with some need for depth at wr, and so converting some “what if” draft picks into a strong asset that I can plug into my lineup if needed was a no brainer to me.
Maybe it's just my leagues. I am in 7 now, down from 9 in 2023. 3 are totally dead so far in 2024, no action at all.
3 of them have a pulse, but low activity, and one league is fairly active.
Those 3 dead leagues I don't even bother spamming offers, no one responds to offers or DM's.

Congrats on your W's!!

No wins for me. Got to the Finals in 2 leagues, as the #1 seed, got my bleep beat by 50 points in both finals. lol