Dynasty Tight End Tiers Going Into 2024?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gunfrees
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Dynasty Tight End Tiers Going Into 2024?

Postby gunfrees » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:16 pm

How are everyone’s tiers looking now that FA moves have been underway? Have a TEP startup draft going on and trying to figure out who to take…
12 team dynasty | SF | 1 ppr

QBs: Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
WRs: Deebo, Godwin, Mbrown, JDowns
RBs: Chubb, Gibbs, Achane, K. Miller
TE: Okonkwo, Mayer

2024 1.03, 1.09
2025 early 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, early 2nd, 2nd
2026 early 1st, 1st, early 2nd
----------

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:07 pm

gunfrees wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:16 pm How are everyone’s tiers looking now that FA moves have been underway? Have a TEP startup draft going on and trying to figure out who to take…
I tried making a list, but age, injuries and whether you’re contending va rebuilding shapes a lot of the list. The top 3 is a lot more cut and dry so I’ll just go with that. Assuming Bowers tests well at his pro day… [edit: he isn't going to test apparently. sad.]

LaPorta
McBride
Bowers

In no particular order. After that it gets messy. There are warts on everyone left, whether it be age, injuries, lack of athleticism, or being unproven and/or having had an up and down career.

Might be odd putting Bowers in the top tier when I mention others being unproven, but IF he tests well, his profile is just so solid. I’d rather take a chance on his profile than of the other TEs.

People might wonder why other young guys such as Kincaid or Pitts is not up there. Pitts, I mean his career has been up and down, plus the injuries. Kincaid had a low ypr and zero athletic testing so we don’t know how explosive this guy is, if at all. A TE doesn’t HAVE to be explosive (see: Zach ertz, and after all his injuries, Hock), but it does push them into that elite tier if they do have it.
Last edited by Dynasty DeLorean on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:52 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:07 pm
gunfrees wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:16 pm How are everyone’s tiers looking now that FA moves have been underway? Have a TEP startup draft going on and trying to figure out who to take…
I tried making a list, but age, injuries and whether you’re contending va rebuilding shapes a lot of the list. The top 3 is a lot more cut and dry so I’ll just go with that. Assuming Bowers tests well at his pro day…

LaPorta
McBride
Bowers

In no particular order. After that it gets messy. There are warts on everyone left, whether it be age, injuries, lack of athleticism, or being unproven and/or having had an up and down career.

Might be odd putting Bowers in the top tier when I mention others being unproven, but IF he tests well, his profile is just so solid. I’d rather take a chance on his profile than of the other TEs.

People might wonder why other young guys such as Kincaid or Pitts is not up there. Pitts, I mean his career has been up and down, plus the injuries. Kincaid had a low ypr and zero athletic testing so we don’t know how explosive this guy is, if at all. A TE doesn’t HAVE to be explosive (see: Zach ertz, and after all his injuries, Hock), but it does push them into that elite tier if they do have it.
DD you are pretty good here but every year we always put the shiny new unproven penny in a tier they haven’t earned. I think what we all know is TE is such a fickle position. Bowers is great, where and who he gets drafted to certainly matters and how he is used matters more. I’m sure we will adjust Bowers 10 times on the next year.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:08 pm

TheTroll wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:52 pm
I tried making a list, but age, injuries and whether you’re contending va rebuilding shapes a lot of the list. The top 3 is a lot more cut and dry so I’ll just go with that. Assuming Bowers tests well at his pro day…

LaPorta
McBride
Bowers

DD you are pretty good here but every year we always put the shiny new unproven penny in a tier they haven’t earned. I think what we all know is TE is such a fickle position. Bowers is great, where and who he gets drafted to certainly matters and how he is used matters more. I’m sure we will adjust Bowers 10 times on the next year.
Just read that Bowers won't do any athletic testing. That's a little concerning and I probably would have him in a tier below LaPorta and McBride.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:07 pm

But isn't this the trend? I can understand guys passing on combine—not their WRs, can get hurt. I am starting to be okay with the elite atheletes not doing a pro day / testing. We have his career. But it would be nice to get more data, I guess, right?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:32 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:08 pm
TheTroll wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:52 pm

LaPorta
McBride
Bowers

Just read that Bowers won't do any athletic testing. That's a little concerning and I probably would have him in a tier below LaPorta and McBride.
Yea, no chance would I have Bowers in the same tier as Laporta and McBride.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:35 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:07 pm But isn't this the trend? I can understand guys passing on combine—not their WRs, can get hurt. I am starting to be okay with the elite atheletes not doing a pro day / testing. We have his career. But it would be nice to get more data, I guess, right?
He can't run a 40 without getting hurt? IDK, I think it's because he has something to hide, personally. He's probably not all that athletic. He's supposedly hit good speeds on GPS tracking, but IDK. I'd definitely be more confident with SOME benchmark of athleticism. Doesn't mean he can't be good, but if he was a top end athlete, testing would help to improve his draft stock.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:11 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:35 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:07 pm But isn't this the trend? I can understand guys passing on combine—not their WRs, can get hurt. I am starting to be okay with the elite atheletes not doing a pro day / testing. We have his career. But it would be nice to get more data, I guess, right?
He can't run a 40 without getting hurt? IDK, I think it's because he has something to hide, personally. He's probably not all that athletic. He's supposedly hit good speeds on GPS tracking, but IDK. I'd definitely be more confident with SOME benchmark of athleticism. Doesn't mean he can't be good, but if he was a top end athlete, testing would help to improve his draft stock.
Well, Bowers isn't the only one. Harrison doing the same thing, yeah?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:02 am

You can't really improve on top 10 capital though. Absolutely no reason for MHJ, Nabers, Bowers or even Odunze to test. We like when they do test, but when the NFL is taking them top 10, that should be enough

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:32 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:02 am
You can't really improve on top 10 capital though. Absolutely no reason for MHJ, Nabers, Bowers or even Odunze to test. We like when they do test, but when the NFL is taking them top 10, that should be enough
This.

Also, if you’ve seen any of his tape you know speed is there. So the MPH tracking is confirmed. We’ve seen route running on tape too. I don’t know how anyone could be concerned about athletic testing with what he’s put on tape. The concerns we had were size - which you could definitely argue we maybe we still should be. He only weighed in at the combine and didn’t test. No way to know if he played at that high of a weight.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:06 am

Exactly. If I was advising a player in that tier - including the QBs - I'd tell them to do the absolute minimum. It's not their job to entertain us by putting on a show.

As to the main question - I don't see a lot of reason from FA to move the TEs around too much for dynasty. Tier one for me is LaPorta/Mcbride and then a slight drop to Kincaid. Those guys are all in my top-5 for redraft making them the highest value for dynasty - young and productive. After that who I want depends on roster construction. Non-contender I want Pitts or Hock. Contender - Engram, Andrews, Kelce.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:12 am

Right. I think it's fun for us, the fans, but for many, it's on the tape. Cool to get all the numbers/data.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:02 am

There’s plenty of data. It’s called game film. And the best thing is, it’s in an environment extremely similar to that in which they’ll be playing in the NFL. I’d much rather get data gathered in game situations in full pads on a football field than that gathered in a sterile environment with no impediments. Every player has game speed in miles per hour gathered by film nerds, you just need to do an interwebs search.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:42 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:02 am
There’s plenty of data. It’s called game film. And the best thing is, it’s in an environment extremely similar to that in which they’ll be playing in the NFL. I’d much rather get data gathered in game situations in full pads on a football field than that gathered in a sterile environment with no impediments. Every player has game speed in miles per hour gathered by film nerds, you just need to do an interwebs search.
I'm not disagreeing with you here. Honestly, the top guys at each position have no real need to do it. It's for the rest of the field.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:42 am

I tried making a list, but age, injuries and whether you’re contending va rebuilding shapes a lot of the list. The top 3 is a lot more cut and dry so I’ll just go with that. Assuming Bowers tests well at his pro day… [edit: he isn't going to test apparently. sad.]

LaPorta
McBride
Bowers

It feels weird to dock Kincaid on testing when he cleared 670 yards as a rookie in 16 games and played so well in the playoffs. He also lead the Bills in receiving yards in both playoffs games averaging 52.5 yards and .5TD in those games indicating he really hit his stride too. Think he's due for a huge year.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst