wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:08 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:52 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:14 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:11 pm

I would think it would be tough to convince an owner to both dump Fields and trade from the top spot when all we’ve heard is that Caleb is generational. (I don’t agree but alas)

Because if you trade out of the top spot and your guy busts or Caleb turns out to be better you are basically going to be fired because if that .

Now if you stick at 1 and Caleb busts well at least you went with the consensus guy and you might survive.

In the end management and GM’s want to survive and have long careers. They don’t want to really risk it even though the value is there to do so
This. Exactly. Nobody is going to fire management/coaching if you draft Williams and he busts. He's the consensus. Stick with Fields and pass on CW and he blows up, Fields struggles or fails? You're done. Same scenario if you trade down to take Maye/Daniels and it doesn't work out. This resets the clock, get him in at a reasonable price, and slots him in with a MUCH improved OFF/DEF.
I don't want to say that taking a QB with the first pick is a bad idea but that it just isn't the security blanket that you think it is; 5 of the last 7 head coaches that took a QB with the overall 1st pick lost their job that year.
Sure, but if we pass on Mahomes (for Trubisky) pass on Stroud pass on Williams and Fields doesn't turn into Superman, we look like a joke. They're taking CW. It's a reset, with a team that is already improved at OFF/DEF, won 7 games last year, could easily have been closer to 10. Fields hasn't progressed enough, they're going to take that pick. I would be SHOCKED if they didn't trade Fields. I would be SHOCKED if they didn't take CW. Is it a guarantee? No, but consensus is that he'll be pretty good—anywhere from solid to generational. You have to take that shot.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:40 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:08 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:14 pm

This. Exactly. Nobody is going to fire management/coaching if you draft Williams and he busts. He's the consensus. Stick with Fields and pass on CW and he blows up, Fields struggles or fails? You're done. Same scenario if you trade down to take Maye/Daniels and it doesn't work out. This resets the clock, get him in at a reasonable price, and slots him in with a MUCH improved OFF/DEF.
I don't want to say that taking a QB with the first pick is a bad idea but that it just isn't the security blanket that you think it is; 5 of the last 7 head coaches that took a QB with the overall 1st pick lost their job that year.
Sure, but if we pass on Mahomes (for Trubisky) pass on Stroud pass on Williams and Fields doesn't turn into Superman, we look like a joke. They're taking CW. It's a reset, with a team that is already improved at OFF/DEF, won 7 games last year, could easily have been closer to 10. Fields hasn't progressed enough, they're going to take that pick. I would be SHOCKED if they didn't trade Fields. I would be SHOCKED if they didn't take CW. Is it a guarantee? No, but consensus is that he'll be pretty good—anywhere from solid to generational. You have to take that shot.
I heard NOBODY clamoring for Mahomes when we took Trubisky.

The overwhelming noise last year, for those who wanted to trade Fields, was to draft Bryce Young.

Not saying you, necessarily, but get really annoyed we the Monday morning QBing on our drafts…. Every team can look at every draft and play, “Gee, we coulda had THAT guy!”.
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:36 am

Payton34 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:40 am

The overwhelming noise last year, for those who wanted to trade Fields, was to draft Bryce Young.

Not saying you, necessarily, but get really annoyed we the Monday morning QBing on our drafts…. Every team can look at every draft and play, “Gee, we coulda had THAT guy!”.
Yeah, Mahomes was almost universally considered a non-option for the Bears at the time. Honestly the majority of the fans wanted the Bears to select Solomon Thomas. The Bears still had Jay Cutler and there was a LOT of pre-draft analysis with Cutler as the comparison for Mahomes. Nobody wanted to move on from Cutler for another Cutler. I remember it being split pretty evenly amongst fans between Trubisky/Watson of those wanting a QB in the 1st. The fans overwhelmingly though wanted a non-QB pick in the 1st like Thomas or Jamal Adams and to stick with Cutler for another year maybe drafting somebody like Kizer in the 2nd to sit behind Cutler and learn.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:43 pm

CubfanAA wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:36 am
Payton34 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:40 am

Yeah, Mahomes was almost universally considered a non-option for the Bears at the time. Honestly the majority of the fans wanted the Bears to select Solomon Thomas. The Bears still had Jay Cutler and there was a LOT of pre-draft analysis with Cutler as the comparison for Mahomes. Nobody wanted to move on from Cutler for another Cutler. I remember it being split pretty evenly amongst fans between Trubisky/Watson of those wanting a QB in the 1st. The fans overwhelmingly though wanted a non-QB pick in the 1st like Thomas or Jamal Adams and to stick with Cutler for another year maybe drafting somebody like Kizer in the 2nd to sit behind Cutler and learn.
Yep, I was in the Jamal Adams camp
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:43 am

Major Updates:

• extended Jaylon Johnson, good move—love it
• signed Safety Kevin Byard, great player, getting old, veteran—I like it, can teach, seems like he's still hungry
• sign C Ryan Bates, good depth, hope he isn't starter, can play all positions—I like it
• sign RB D'Andre Swift—I thought our RBs were fine? I guess he can catch. RBBC. I guess I like it. Upgrade?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:27 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:43 am Major Updates:

• signed Safety Kevin Byard, great player, getting old, veteran—I like it, can teach, seems like he's still hungry
• sign C Ryan Bates, good depth, hope he isn't starter, can play all positions—I like it
• sign RB D'Andre Swift—I thought our RBs were fine? I guess he can catch. RBBC. I guess I like it. Upgrade?
I have a dollar that sez Bates is the opening day starting center
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:54 am

81- wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:27 am

Hope he isn't. Hope they draft one.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:11 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:54 am

i'll swing by in a couple of months to pick up my dollar
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am

81- wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:11 am

LOL. Unless they draft a rookie Center to learn behind him. I expect them to draft a Center for sure. We'll see. LOL
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:41 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am

LOL. Unless they draft a rookie Center to learn behind him. I expect them to draft a Center for sure. We'll see. LOL
How do you score fantasy points for centers?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:04 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:41 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am

How do you score fantasy points for centers?
i think it is 0.25 per good snap and -10 for a botched snap
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:31 pm

This is the ALL THINGS BEARS thread, sir. We will discuss ALL THINGS BEARS, including centers.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:10 am

Bears/Fields Twitter is just full of gems. Delusional Bears fans and bleep posting. One of my favs:

“Now that all 31 NFL teams have decided that Justin Fields is not a starting-caliber quarterback, I’ll tell you why the Chicago Bears should build around him with unwavering support and commitment.

I’m John with Chicago Meatball Radio. Thanks for tuning in. Let’s discuss.”

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:17 am

I said it before the only way the bears can screw this up is not to come away with Willaims or a top Qb in this draft, fields is not the answer anywhere. He would be a good back up in Baltimore similar Rb/passers.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:50 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:10 am Bears/Fields Twitter is just full of gems. Delusional Bears fans and bleep posting. One of my favs:

“Now that all 31 NFL teams have decided that Justin Fields is not a starting-caliber quarterback, I’ll tell you why the Chicago Bears should build around him with unwavering support and commitment.

I’m John with Chicago Meatball Radio. Thanks for tuning in. Let’s discuss.”
I THINK that's satire? I HOPE it is. LOL.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: