Draft Help 2024

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BHSU
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Draft Help 2024

Postby BHSU » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:19 pm

Hey all, first time dynasty player here. 12 teams, Non-Superflex, TE Premium (2 points per catch). I have 1.4/1.8/1.9/3.4/3.9 in the rookie draft. My roster is in my signature below. If I get a WR at 1.4, and then BPA by far is again WR at 8/9, do I just take three WRs? Or do I reach a bit for a RB? I have three flex spots, which can be WR/RB/TE. Not required to start any TEs at all but very helpful obviously to do so.

Also, I'm hoping it's ok to post this thread here, if not, mods do as you wish with it.

Thank you and it's good to be here!
QB: Jordan Love/Dak Prescott/Aidan O'Connell

RB: Jonathan Taylor/Isaih Pacheco/Rhamondre Stevenson/Zamir White/Zack Moss/Michael Carter/Pierre Strong/Jordan Mason

WR: CeeDee Lamb/Brandon Aiyuk/Tee Higgins/Dontayvion Wicks/Darius Slayton/Tre Tucker/Greg Dortch/Cedric Tillman

TE: Trey McBride/Michael Mayer/Jelani Woods/Cole Turner/Cameron Latu

2024 Rookie Draft Picks: 1.4/1.9/1.11/3.7

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Draft Help 2024

Postby murphysxm » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:26 pm

Welcome!

My advice in this scenario is pretty consistent, just take the best player available.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

BHSU
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BHSU » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:38 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:26 pm Welcome!

My advice in this scenario is pretty consistent, just take the best player available.
Do you think it would be a good play to try and move up? Or try and trade one of those picks for a guaranteed known commodity current player?

RB: Jonathan Taylor/Isaih Pacheco/Rhamondre Stevenson/Zamir White/Zack Moss/Michael Carter/Pierre Strong/Jordan Mason

WR: CeeDee Lamb/Brandon Aiyuk/Tee Higgins/Dontayvion Wicks/Darius Slayton/Tre Tucker/Greg Dortch/Cedric Tillman

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 pm

Moving up a go top 3 would be ideal but if bowers gets the capital he’s probably the easy 1.04 choice with the big premium.

BHSU
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BHSU » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:36 pm

Mtt33 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:15 pm Moving up a go top 3 would be ideal but if bowers gets the capital he’s probably the easy 1.04 choice with the big premium.
What would you give to move up? I know for almost a fact that 1.3 is going Bowers

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:43 am

Unless you are low on either Odunze or Nabers, I'd stand pat at 1.04. My bet is in leagues like this with a heavy TEP, Bowers does go before the 1.04 more times than not. If it's me, I'm standing pat at 1.04 and taking whoever of the four falls to me. I'm not willing to pay much to move up within a tier.

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:32 am

When rebuilding it usually not a good idea to give up draft capital to move up. Jefferson was the 2.01 in just about every league I was in, as an example. The bust rate or not live up to expectations for first round TE is pretty large. (Ebron, Pettigrew, Fant, Shockey, etc) I dont think its worth the risk to move up with so many really good WR's that can fall to you.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

BHSU
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BHSU » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:35 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:32 am When rebuilding it usually not a good idea to give up draft capital to move up. Jefferson was the 2.01 in just about every league I was in, as an example. The bust rate or not live up to expectations for first round TE is pretty large. (Ebron, Pettigrew, Fant, Shockey, etc) I dont think its worth the risk to move up with so many really good WR's that can fall to you.
Thank you! What would you do with 1.8/1.9? Also, I'm not rebuilding, it's just a startup

BHSU
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BHSU » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:36 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:43 am Unless you are low on either Odunze or Nabers, I'd stand pat at 1.04. My bet is in leagues like this with a heavy TEP, Bowers does go before the 1.04 more times than not. If it's me, I'm standing pat at 1.04 and taking whoever of the four falls to me. I'm not willing to pay much to move up within a tier.
My thoughts as well. What do I do with 1.8/1.9? Thank you for your help

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:39 am

BHSU wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:36 am
tstafford wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:43 am Unless you are low on either Odunze or Nabers, I'd stand pat at 1.04. My bet is in leagues like this with a heavy TEP, Bowers does go before the 1.04 more times than not. If it's me, I'm standing pat at 1.04 and taking whoever of the four falls to me. I'm not willing to pay much to move up within a tier.
Too early to tell. That range of 1QB drafts is still cloudy. But the answer is and will be - BPA. We just don't yet know who that may be.

Also I wouldn't trade picks in that range until much closer to the draft.

BHSU
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BHSU » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:50 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:39 am
BHSU wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:36 am
Too early to tell. That range of 1QB drafts is still cloudy. But the answer is and will be - BPA. We just don't yet know who that may be.

Also I wouldn't trade picks in that range until much closer to the draft.
Thank you! You guys rock!!

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:13 pm

1.4 Nabers for me, if he's gone, I'd consider Bowers in TEP.
1.8 Doubt Bowers is here, and assume Odunze is gone, if not, those are your guys.
1.9 With the 8/9 you're looking at Worthy and Thomas IMO. I'm not a fan of Franklin, or Coleman.
I don't like any of the RBs enough to take one here. If you like Wright, Brooks, Benson, if one emerges, that may work here.

If I were you I'd work really hard on setting your top 10 players, and then stick to your board. I'm using various analytics (BOA, YPRR, YAC, drop, RAS), combine, draft capital, etc. to set my board.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:54 pm

BPA.

Always BPA
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

BHSU
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby BHSU » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:19 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:13 pm 1.4 Nabers for me, if he's gone, I'd consider Bowers in TEP.
1.8 Doubt Bowers is here, and assume Odunze is gone, if not, those are your guys.
1.9 With the 8/9 you're looking at Worthy and Thomas IMO. I'm not a fan of Franklin, or Coleman.
I don't like any of the RBs enough to take one here. If you like Wright, Brooks, Benson, if one emerges, that may work here.

If I were you I'd work really hard on setting your top 10 players, and then stick to your board. I'm using various analytics (BOA, YPRR, YAC, drop, RAS), combine, draft capital, etc. to set my board.
Thank you for the well thought out response, love the analysis! However, it's not superflex. There's no way Nabers makes it to 1.4 and probably changes the rest of your picks as well. Can you help with non superflex with analysis too??

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:31 pm

BHSU wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:19 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:13 pm 1.4 Nabers for me, if he's gone, I'd consider Bowers in TEP.

Thank you for the well thought out response, love the analysis! However, it's not superflex. There's no way Nabers makes it to 1.4 and probably changes the rest of your picks as well. Can you help with non superflex with analysis too??
It's right there in the title, NON-Superflex. So sorry. Totally read that wrong.

1.04 is a tough spot then. You have to assume the top three WRs are gone. Since this IS TEP feels like Bowers to me. If you're going WR here over Bowers he probably won't be there at 1.08. This feels like Worthy/Thomas. Again, I'd set your top ten for NON Superflex. It's much different. You don't NEED QB at 1.8 but Williams might be there. 8/9 starts to seep into QBs or the next layer of WRs—Worthy, Thomas, whoever you like after. I'm in two NON Superflex leagues and my top ten keeps changing. So that's what I'd to. Take Bowers at 4 unless a top WR slips, and then really go over the tape, analytics, draft capital, to see who you like at 8/9. RBs could be the way to go there as well, if you find one that stands out. I expect the top seven will be the three elite WRs, probably/maybe Williams, Bowers, and then maybe a RB or maybe Worthy, Thomas, Franklin, Coleman. Good luck. Set your board and stick to it, but Bowers feels like your guy at 1.04.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble