2024 Combine

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: 2024 Combine

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Who are you keeping an eye on? Who could change your mind? I'm guessing a lot of WRs. The RBs don't seem to have a clear order. Outside of Bowers, who is elite?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:13 pm

I wish this were draft Thursday tomorrow

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:13 pm I wish this were draft Thursday tomorrow
LOL right? Can't get here soon enough.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:38 pm

Will anyone beat Trey Sermon's phony 10-yard split. These are the things we need to pay attention to.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:51 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:10 pm Who are you keeping an eye on? Who could change your mind? I'm guessing a lot of WRs. The RBs don't seem to have a clear order. Outside of Bowers, who is elite?
Bowers needs to hit decent size/weight numbers and then turn an awesome RAS. He’s not near aggressive and mean enough to be an inline TE even if he does make it to 6’-3” and 240+lbs, and he’s not close to being the same size as Andrews and Waller as a move TE. His blocking technique isn’t nearly good enough to offset his lack of size and mean streak.

He can be a valuable weapon on an offense but I’m struggling to see a TE here instead of a big WR as he’s used in the NFL. He’s going to get completely different matchups in the NFL and he’s going to have to make his routes/route running a lot more complex to succeed.

An offense that uses a true H back would help him, but what pro offenses do that enough to get him meaningful opportunities?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:51 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:36 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:15 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:44 am

Why is that?
Just a lot of checks for you to cash if Caleb succeeds at the level most/many think he will
I’ve been wrong before. I’ll take that risk to put my opinions on the table. I’ve also clearly stated that I’m identifying red flags and not dismissing any chance that he’ll succeed at the next level, but there are factors that may affect the extent of his success.

If someone here just feels the unbridled need to do a happy dance and victory lap here because either those red flags didn’t actually exist, were played through, or that he learned to fix them, well I’m okay with being their punching bag if it’s cathartic for them.
I think I came across wrong, I am not a lap taker and you own your takes. Just poking the bear I guess!
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:06 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:51 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:36 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:15 am

Just a lot of checks for you to cash if Caleb succeeds at the level most/many think he will
I’ve been wrong before. I’ll take that risk to put my opinions on the table. I’ve also clearly stated that I’m identifying red flags and not dismissing any chance that he’ll succeed at the next level, but there are factors that may affect the extent of his success.

If someone here just feels the unbridled need to do a happy dance and victory lap here because either those red flags didn’t actually exist, were played through, or that he learned to fix them, well I’m okay with being their punching bag if it’s cathartic for them.
I think I came across wrong, I am not a lap taker and you own your takes. Just poking the bear I guess!
Oh, I’d never reference you on this murph. I don’t see you as one of those posters and I always enjoy our discussions, even though the feeling may not always be mutual. :ewink:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:18 am

Any red flags you're looking for at combine? I know we're looking at RAS for TEs. IDK if height/weight, 40 speed, gauntlet, cone, etc. really matters or not, but is there anything that would cause you to fade a guy?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:20 am

Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:59 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:18 am Any red flags you're looking for at combine? I know we're looking at RAS for TEs. IDK if height/weight, 40 speed, gauntlet, cone, etc. really matters or not, but is there anything that would cause you to fade a guy?
Bad verticals for all but QBs
RBs that need a long runway to get up to speed, even if they turn a solid 40
RBs with a best 40 over 4.65s
Any player that struggles to flip their hips
Body catchers
We already talked about the gauntlet and about TE RAS

With QBs I want to see a guy who looks easy in his dropbacks, gets the ball to his earhole and then out fast, throws off a good repeatable platform and spins the ball a ton. Reasonable accuracy - they can miss but not by a bunch and especially not short or way behind. Can they take something off a short pass and still throw a good ball.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:03 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:20 am Brock Bowers. 6 ft 3, 243.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/statu ... 1162544212
So his gameday weight is likely to be in the mid 230s. He’s already built pretty well. He’s going to end up on someone else’s team.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:10 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:59 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:18 am Any red flags you're looking for at combine? I know we're looking at RAS for TEs. IDK if height/weight, 40 speed, gauntlet, cone, etc. really matters or not, but is there anything that would cause you to fade a guy?
Bad verticals for all but QBs
RBs that need a long runway to get up to speed, even if they turn a solid 40
RBs with a best 40 over 4.65s
Any player that struggles to flip their hips
Body catchers
We already talked about the gauntlet and about TE RAS

With QBs I want to see a guy who looks easy in his dropbacks, gets the ball to his earhole and then out fast, throws off a good repeatable platform and spins the ball a ton. Reasonable accuracy - they can miss but not by a bunch and especially not short or way behind. Can they take something off a short pass and still throw a good ball.
Cool. Thanks. Good stuff.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:10 am

I like it.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:29 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:03 am

So his gameday weight is likely to be in the mid 230s. He’s already built pretty well. He’s going to end up on someone else’s team.
Isn’t this almost identical height/weight to LaPorta at the combine?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:53 am

Jrblaha wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:29 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:03 am

Isn’t this almost identical height/weight to LaPorta at the combine?
Their tape looks similar in a lot of ways as receivers too. I saw (see) LaPorta as much better in contested catch situations and has more reliable hands. LaPorta is (was) hands down a better blocker, both in attitude and technique.

Those don’t sound like big differences, but LaPorta was able to line up inline credibly, which I question with Bowers. We’ll see how Bowers does in close quarters and securing the catch.