Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby MacDaddy123 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:39 pm

Mike11 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:04 am I have major concerns about there being a clear #4 WR in this draft. Brian Thomas Jr. has several metrics going against him + a recent track record of people with his frame/skillset not translating super well. Feels like if you have to pick from the second tier of WR after MHJ, Nabers, Odunze you should just trade back and nab capital. There will be quality guys for sure just hard to say which ones with them all having tangible warts. Basically every receiver after those 3 has at least their efficiency in zone / yprr going against them from a metrics standpoint. Yes that is only one metric but it seems to be a fairly telling one. Just haven't fallen in love with any yet but there's a ways to go.
Yeah, I don't have any anxiety at all about that, as talent falls off at every position in every draft class.
I am more focused on the excitement of having 3 WR prospects valued much more highly than any WR in the 2023 draft class.

I actually feel that my WR4 and WR5 in this class, Troy Franklin and Brian Thomas Jr., are also more talented than any WR in the 2022 WR class.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:12 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:39 pm
Mike11 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:04 am I have major concerns about there being a clear #4 WR in this draft. Brian Thomas Jr. has several metrics going against him + a recent track record of people with his frame/skillset not translating super well. Feels like if you have to pick from the second tier of WR after MHJ, Nabers, Odunze you should just trade back and nab capital. There will be quality guys for sure just hard to say which ones with them all having tangible warts. Basically every receiver after those 3 has at least their efficiency in zone / yprr going against them from a metrics standpoint. Yes that is only one metric but it seems to be a fairly telling one. Just haven't fallen in love with any yet but there's a ways to go.
Yeah, I don't have any anxiety at all about that, as talent falls off at every position in every draft class.
I am more focused on the excitement of having 3 WR prospects valued much more highly than any WR in the 2023 draft class.

I actually feel that my WR4 and WR5 in this class, Troy Franklin and Brian Thomas Jr., are also more talented than any WR in the 2022 WR class.

Is this a typo and supposed to be 2023 class?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:27 am

I see hyperbole season has opened.

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:31 am

NWABCS wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:27 pm Someone I trust that watches way more college than NFL told me that Caleb is the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck and he puts Drake Maye in there with Trevor Lawrence.

For WRs MHJ is his Megatron and Rome Adunze / Nabers being AJ Green and Braylon Edwards level prospects. Granted Edwards didn't pan out in the NFL.

How far off is that? From that sounds of it, that'd make this a legendary draft at least at QB and WR.

Now is when I start to try and get 1sts and make moves. I try all year but now is when my leaguemates pay a little bit of attention.
To me, to me. This is the new rookie hype at its finest.

Caleb is not the best QB prospect since luck. I still believe that is Trevor Lawrence. When it comes to near lock to succeed. Caleb has a higher ceiling because he play at times resembles Mahomes, but he to me is more shades more of a taller Kyler Murray. That’s not a bad thing, just more boom (goat like QB) or bust potential than a Luck or Trevor Lawrence who have the HOF potential with a high floor.
Maye is now being talked down out of the #2 QB spot for Jayden Daniels. Maye is a good QB prospect and likely would’ve been the 1st QB drafted last year, but to me he gonna fall in the range of what Sam Bradford could’ve been to what he was.

MHJ great prospect, I don’t see the speed of a Calvin Johnson and think he more AJ Green type player. Aka a stud.

Nabers I love as well in the camp of him being a close prospect to MHJ, I say more Diggs/Jefferson in comparison.

I’m not a fan of Odunze to put him in that group above I think he a 2 tier difference in type of WR vs MHJ and Nabers, and more of the mix of last year 1st rounders.

Sum it up this draft is:
Tier 1: Caleb Wil (1 in every 5 year type QB Prospect)
Tier 2: MHJ, Maye, Daniels, Nabers (Stud Prospect
Tier 3: Bowers (Stud TE)
Tier 4: Odunze and the rest (Good Prospects)
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:58 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:12 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:39 pm

Is this a typo and supposed to be 2023 class?
I still wouldn't agree with that either, but its closer than 22

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:18 am

I don't get why it much matters if CW is closer to Luck or T.Law. Doesn't change the strategy. All three were slam dunk, don't debate it, NFL 1.01 selections. T.Law remains a top asset in SF although maybe slightly tarnished by 2023. I think as we get closer in to actual rookie drafts folks with the rookie 1.01 are going to have a tougher and tougher time justifying MHJR over CW.

Full disclosure - as a holder of the 1.01 I really want to take MHJR. . . .

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:28 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:18 am I don't get why it much matters if CW is closer to Luck or T.Law. Doesn't change the strategy. All three were slam dunk, don't debate it, NFL 1.01 selections. T.Law remains a top asset in SF although maybe slightly tarnished by 2023. I think as we get closer in to actual rookie drafts folks with the rookie 1.01 are going to have a tougher and tougher time justifying MHJR over CW.

As a holder of the 1.02, I really want the guy at 1.01 to take CW….

mikedigs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mikedigs » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:28 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:18 am I don't get why it much matters if CW is closer to Luck or T.Law. Doesn't change the strategy. All three were slam dunk, don't debate it, NFL 1.01 selections. T.Law remains a top asset in SF although maybe slightly tarnished by 2023. I think as we get closer in to actual rookie drafts folks with the rookie 1.01 are going to have a tougher and tougher time justifying MHJR over CW.

That's why on draft day, you can slide back to the 1.02 and pick up some extra assets AND get you MHJR.
12 TM PPR / TEP / 1 QB / Start 8

QB: J Hurts
RB: K Williams, T Spears, C Brown
WR: T Higgins, D Smith, G Pickens, Z Flowers, J Reed
TE: McBride, E Engram, I Likely

2024: 1.02, 1.08, 4.07, 5.07, 6.07, 7.07

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:35 am

mikedigs wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:28 am

That's why on draft day, you can slide back to the 1.02 and pick up some extra assets AND get you MHJR.
Yeah, unless this guy is in your league.
BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:28 am
As a holder of the 1.02, I really want the guy at 1.01 to take CW….

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 am

Nobody is worried about MHJ in NEP? I hope he goes to ARI, but NEP without a decent QB seems like a bad start.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:54 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 am Nobody is worried about MHJ in NEP? I hope he goes to ARI, but NEP without a decent QB seems like a bad start.
Situations change

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:59 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:54 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:48 am Nobody is worried about MHJ in NEP? I hope he goes to ARI, but NEP without a decent QB seems like a bad start.
Situations change
True. I just think most of us would prefer MHJ to ARI than NEP. It honestly gives me a little pause, especially when pushing to trade for the 1.01, 1.02, or 1.03. Do you think Harrison is landing-spot proof? That's what I'm trying to asses. The offers I've had to make for the 1.01 are very expensive (as it was for Bijan last year) so I've been pricing Nabers and Odunze as well. But I love MHJ and wants as many shares as I can get.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:08 am

I 100% believe you take CW at 1.01 and figure the rest out. I just was point out that he isn’t as safe in my view as the guys he being mentioned with ala (Luck, Lawrence) which the orignal post stated, but on the same token he has a higher ceiling than (Luck, Lawrence).
Him being 1.01 in this draft is a no brainer to me, especially since I don’t think there a huge difference between MHJ and Nabers.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:19 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:59 am
Situations change
True. I just think most of us would prefer MHJ to ARI than NEP. It honestly gives me a little pause, especially when pushing to trade for the 1.01, 1.02, or 1.03. Do you think Harrison is landing-spot proof? That's what I'm trying to asses. The offers I've had to make for the 1.01 are very expensive (as it was for Bijan last year) so I've been pricing Nabers and Odunze as well. But I love MHJ and wants as many shares as I can get.
Harrison will struggle a little bit without a respectable QB. Hell, we saw it at times this past season with the transition from Stroud to McCord.

But, as has been said a number of times....situations change. Calvin Johnson went from Kitna and Orlovsky to Matthew Stafford.

Draft the talent.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:44 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:19 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:59 am

Situations change
Harrison will struggle a little bit without a respectable QB. Hell, we saw it at times this past season with the transition from Stroud to McCord.

But, as has been said a number of times....situations change. Calvin Johnson went from Kitna and Orlovsky to Matthew Stafford.

Draft the talent.
Agree. I think Harrison has as high a floor with a super high ceiling as we've seen. I think Nabers will be very good too, and Odunze, but Harrison is the one to get. Agree on draft the talent. I will take him at 1.02 in my Superflex if he falls, I will take Williams if he doesn't. Just trying to figure out how hard to go after the 1.01 and NEP does give me a little pause.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: