Tank vs Addison

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
yonald
Role Player
Role Player

Tank vs Addison

Postby yonald » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:13 pm

Who do you like better in a 0.5 ppr dynasty league?
12 team. .5 PPR, 6pt passing, 6 pt rushing/receiving. 25 man roster.
Start - QB RB WR WR TE Flex Flex DL DL LB LB DB DB IDP Flex
Keepers offense - 1 QB 1 RB 1 WR 1 TE 1 FLEX
defense - 3 of any position
rookies - 3 of any position

QB: Cousins, Stroud (R)
RB: Hall
WR: G Wilson, Olave, Dell (R)
TE: Kelce
DE: Josh Allen
LB: Q Walker, E Jones
DB: D James

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tank vs Addison

Postby lic217 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:29 pm

Tank

Dynastymc
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynastymc » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:37 pm

Tank. Connected to Rookie of the year. Qb situation in Minnesota murky.
Cheers
Mike

My Team:
QB: J Herbert, A Richardson,
RB: B Hall, J Gibbs,J Jacobs, K Gainwell Tyler Allgeier, Michael Carter, Israel Abanikanda
WR: AJ Brown,Olave, JSN, Zay Flowers, Calvin Ridley, Q Johnston, Charlie Jones, C Tillman, Tyler Scott, Justyn Ross, WanDale R, Calvin Austin III, Andrei Iosivas,
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Njoku, Bellinger,
Draft picks
2024 1.01
2025 2nd
2026 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:52 pm

Addison is a nice player but for me this is Tank easily
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:09 am

Addison for me, as I had concerns for Tank health coming out due to diminutive size.
2023 did nothing to really ease my concerns.

Addison is also over 2 years younger, and still developing.
Tank will turn 25 already by mid-season 2024.
Addison won't turn 23 until the 2024 season is over.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:11 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:09 am Addison for me, as I had concerns for Tank health coming out due to diminutive size.
I'm not arguing with you, just asking.

But is there actually data that shows that smaller players are more likely to get hurt? And separately was this particular injury related to his size?

My sense is that the injury and size are huge factors in his market value. But should they be?

CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:53 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:11 am
MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:09 am Addison for me, as I had concerns for Tank health coming out due to diminutive size.

But is there actually data that shows that smaller players are more likely to get hurt? And separately was this particular injury related to his size?

My sense is that the injury and size are huge factors in his market value. But should they be?
I mean, he was injured as an inside blocker on a GL run play. Horrible play call by Houston but his size clearly didn't allow him to hold up on the type of blocking that was asked of him.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:15 am

CurtisMyFavMartin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:53 am

I mean, he was injured as an inside blocker on a GL run play. Horrible play call by Houston but his size clearly didn't allow him to hold up on the type of blocking that was asked of him.
So it was a bad coaching decision, not really about his size. I mean if the same thing happened to a punter or a kicker we wouldn't blame their size!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:43 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:15 am

So it was a bad coaching decision, not really about his size. I mean if the same thing happened to a punter or a kicker we wouldn't blame their size!
I don't have the data to back it up, but I'd like to think historically, smaller football players have more injury concerns. That out of the way, I think the NFL has made enough adjustments to allow a much wider variety of body types thrive in the NFL. Peoples magic excel spreadsheets have been exploding as more outliers hit in today's NFL. I quit worrying about size as much a few years back. It's a piece of the puzzle, but I won't completely avoid a player because they are too small, too skinny, too light.

Also, I know it's a different position, but AR being a monster of a human and getting injured three times in four games helps remind me that injuries can sometimes just be inevitable and random/some bodies just don't hold up well to the NFL level of contact. Good luck predicting it beyond the Baltimore Ravens backfield.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:57 am

If he's injury prone due to his size, we should discount him. But if not, then maybe there's a buying opportunity. That's where I'm coming from.

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:44 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:15 am

To be fair to the coaches it a was a play from the 5 yard line where Dell’s read was the Safety lined up mid end zone 8-10 yards from the line of scrimmage. It’s a very common blocking scheme where you run the corner into the slot blocking matchup, similar to a pick play, by running what looks like a corner crosser behind either a TE or Slot WR and then head to the nearest safety.
Dell took a poor angle, or was confused that Nico Collins had the assignment dead on. He then tried to recover by juking behind Nico, which was the enough time for the safety to cheat closer to the goaline where Dell and Simmons collided.
By design, this blocking should’ve incurred closer to mid endzone and technically keep him out of the play for the most part.
It wasn’t a goaline carry and it wasn’t a LB crack read, does this alleviate any injury concern for those who have it? No, but felt like it was info worth sharing. Dell is small, but in the current NFL I’m not worried. I look at experience more than I do age. Addison and Dell were both rookies, just because you’re a younger rookie doesn’t mean you’re gonna be in the NFL longer or have a bigger a curve. Dell was the better rookie this season when on field. I’m going with Dell who is tied to a better QB and seems to be best buddy with that QB as well.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:28 am

tstafford wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:57 am If he's injury prone due to his size, we should discount him. But if not, then maybe there's a buying opportunity. That's where I'm coming from.
Don't you dare bring up Dell's size, I have said that over and over again and I am apparently in the minority here. I bring up the fact that Dell broke his leg on a run blocking play because ya know that's part of the job and he will be asked to block every now and again (believe it or not football is a physical game and there's a reason I never played football and I weigh about 165 lbs lol). Not only that but he was plagued by smaller injuries pretty much all year. Not only that but he plays pretty much strictly slot role that tends to take hits over the middle of the field. Devonta Smith is a good size comparison but he plays on the outside thus reducing the amount of hits he would take. I'm not sure how we are here not factoring in the fact that Dell only played half a year and is as diminutive as he is. I'm with you, has to be factored in, tell me again how many WR1's or 2's play or have played at 165lbs? I get the modern era is doing a better job of making size matter less for WR's but there's still a reason we've never seen a super successful WR with his size, he's an outlier if he ends up being an annual WR2 or better.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:07 pm

I do not have a bunch of hard data to post about this.

More or less just what I have noticed over the years watching smaller players like Tarik Cohen, Keke Coutee, Nyheim Hines, Marquise Brown, Andy Isabella, Anthony McFarland Jr., Rondale Moore, D'Wayne Eskridge, Tutu Atwell, KJ Hamler, etc.

Sure, some smaller guys like Diontae Johnson and Jaylen Waddle have had some pretty good success staying healthy, and sure, bigger guys get injured too. Just my personal biases though, I have no data for you.

Bulletproof
Starter
Starter

Postby Bulletproof » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:59 pm

Jordan Addison weighed in at 173

If size is a big concern it should be a concern for Addison as well. He’s a little taller, but is the height a factor in this size/injury concern or is mostly a weight concern or build as in being slightly built?

It seems to me that a smaller WRs are becoming more common in the NFL both in weight and height. I used to shy away from them, but just can’t anymore. They’re having a lot of success
12 Team Superflex Best Ball PPR TEP +1.5
QB: Lawrence, Kyler Murray, O’Connell
RB: Gibbs, Etienne, Javonte Williams, Chase Brown
WR: London, Tank Dell, Pickens JSN, Michael Wilson, Quentin Johnston
TE: McBride, Dulcich

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:08 pm

Bulletproof wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:59 pm Jordan Addison weighed in at 173

If size is a big concern it should be a concern for Addison as well. He’s a little taller, but is the height a factor in this size/injury concern or is mostly a weight concern or build as in being slightly built?

It seems to me that a smaller WRs are becoming more common in the NFL both in weight and height. I used to shy away from them, but just can’t anymore. They’re having a lot of success
Yes, I have some concerns for Addison as well, but he alleviated some of my injury concerns, and Tank did not.
I am also hopeful, since Addison is over 2 years younger than Tank, that he might still fill in some more, as he grows from boy to man.