All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby mild » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:05 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:51 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:49 am Looks like it might be a draft haul for the #1 pick and the Bears stick with Fields...

"Chicago putting first overall pick up for sale? Thu Feb 8, 01:33 PM

Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields could be staying put after all, as multiple teams have reportedly approached the Bears about trading up for the No. 1 overall selection in the 2024 NFL Draft. According to sources, Chicago appears to be 'leaning toward' moving the pick."
0% of any news right now is dependable.
I can give you one piece of 100% completely accurate news.

DJ Moore is firmly on the record that the Bears should build around Fields.

Here's him saying exactly that from radio row today.

Could be interesting if what he's sharing is a common sentiment amongst the Bears locker room.

Not that players get much of a say in their GM's decisions, and not that these situations are analogous - but we saw the Raiders star players all firmly support the hiring of Antonio Pierce as their permanent HC a couple weeks ago. They didn't "make" the decision, but no doubt that they helped cement it as the choice.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:21 am

Hester into the HOF is so cool. The GOAT at kick and punt-return, IMO. Was so much fun to watch.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:45 pm

mild wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:05 pm
CGW wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:51 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:49 am Looks like it might be a draft haul for the #1 pick and the Bears stick with Fields...

"Chicago putting first overall pick up for sale? Thu Feb 8, 01:33 PM

Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields could be staying put after all, as multiple teams have reportedly approached the Bears about trading up for the No. 1 overall selection in the 2024 NFL Draft. According to sources, Chicago appears to be 'leaning toward' moving the pick."
0% of any news right now is dependable.
I can give you one piece of 100% completely accurate news.

DJ Moore is firmly on the record that the Bears should build around Fields.

Here's him saying exactly that from radio row today.

Could be interesting if what he's sharing is a common sentiment amongst the Bears locker room.

Not that players get much of a say in their GM's decisions, and not that these situations are analogous - but we saw the Raiders star players all firmly support the hiring of Antonio Pierce as their permanent HC a couple weeks ago. They didn't "make" the decision, but no doubt that they helped cement it as the choice.
He's been saying that for a while. Knet has as well, but not quite as directly
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:22 am

I've been on the Caleb isn't going to Chicago train for a while, as a possibility. Especially the Washington trade.

DJ Moore and Cole Kmet aren't GM's, and if their brass are dumb enough to buy into the idea Fields is the guy, the majority of Bears fans will get what they want, more heartache, and blaming everybody but the QB for years, in mediocrity and lack of results.

Fields isn't a top end NFL QB, and never will be. I don't understand how anybody can still argue it, but there are plenty out there. The ideal move, as I've said, would to be trade back to 2, take a QB, after a massive haul, and move Fields for whatever you can get from some desperate team.

That's IF the Bears view Maye or whoever as a franchise QB. They could move back 1 spot and get quite a bit, I think. Depends on their evaluations, but Caleb isn't a perfect prospect, and there is risk there.

Fields shouldn't even be a debate for the Bears to keep, regardless of what these player/scouts say.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:22 am I've been on the Caleb isn't going to Chicago train for a while, as a possibility. Especially the Washington trade.

DJ Moore and Cole Kmet aren't GM's, and if their brass are dumb enough to buy into the idea Fields is the guy, the majority of Bears fans will get what they want, more heartache, and blaming everybody but the QB for years, in mediocrity and lack of results.

Fields isn't a top end NFL QB, and never will be. I don't understand how anybody can still argue it, but there are plenty out there. The ideal move, as I've said, would to be trade back to 2, take a QB, after a massive haul, and move Fields for whatever you can get from some desperate team.

That's IF the Bears view Maye or whoever as a franchise QB. They could move back 1 spot and get quite a bit, I think. Depends on their evaluations, but Caleb isn't a perfect prospect, and there is risk there.

Fields shouldn't even be a debate for the Bears to keep, regardless of what these player/scouts say.

agreed and well said, As i have said before only way the Bears can screw this up is not taking a qb.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:22 am I've been on the Caleb isn't going to Chicago train for a while, as a possibility. Especially the Washington trade.

The thing with fields is... He is a good egg, wants to be great, and the fans love him. I get it. I'm in that boat. Sucks that he didn't quite pan out.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Postby NWABCS » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 am

Tvols wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:22 am

agreed and well said, As i have said before only way the Bears can screw this up is not taking a qb.
Is there a realistic possibility that happens? The Bears completely having faith in Justin Fields, trading the 1st, not taking a QB, and really building around Fields?

Is there a shot they try and do what Houston did last year? Use their first and trade up? I mean I don't think the Bears are going to have two picks in the top 3 on draft night but... is that any less unlikely than the Bears going all in on Fields?

"And with the the 9th pick of the first round, the Chicago Bears select.. JJ McCarthy..." :lol: :lol:
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, Puca Nacua, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB
2024 picks: 1.10, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.02, 4.04, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 5.01 5.05
2025 picks: three 2nds

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:03 pm

NWABCS wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 am
Tvols wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:22 am

Is there a realistic possibility that happens? The Bears completely having faith in Justin Fields, trading the 1st, not taking a QB, and really building around Fields?

Is there a shot they try and do what Houston did last year? Use their first and trade up? I mean I don't think the Bears are going to have two picks in the top 3 on draft night but... is that any less unlikely than the Bears going all in on Fields?

"And with the the 9th pick of the first round, the Chicago Bears select.. JJ McCarthy..." :lol: :lol:
As a GB fan, the bolded would not make me happy in the least. After watching a lot of film on JJM I’m starting to develop a man crush on him. He’s got some refining to do yet but he’s got the necessary tools in his arsenal and his QB IQ is incredibly high. I hate saying this so early but I see a lot of Jordan Love in his game.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:56 pm

I think they take Williams. It's the kind of move that is easy to defend, and Poles/Flus can buy themselves AT LEAST three years. If CW doesn't work out, who is going to blame them? Nobody. Unless they really work hard to NOT support him. Which would be stupid. They've got a good core. Money to chase guys in FA. IF they take WR/LT/DE at #9 that will also be a defendable pick. It's hard to screw this up if they take CW. If they stick with Fields and it doesn't work out—passing on Mahomes for Trubisky, passing on Stroud, passing on CW—they're all gone. They're taking CW and moving Fields. 99% sure of that.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:58 pm

The 1% is if they get a CRAZY offer for the #1—something like three 1sts, other picks, and some elite players as well. IDK what that package might be, but that's the only way I see them moving out. And I honestly think if they do that they have to get one of Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze. If they take that, they have to move up to get Harrison IMO and really need to hammer the OFF—elite LT, elite C, elite WRs and a couple of them, maybe even Bowers at TE, etc. I just don't see it.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:53 am

Hey wickerkat, I tried PMing you but dunno if you got it.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:22 am

slaughterrt wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:53 am Hey wickerkat, I tried PMing you but dunno if you got it.
Thanks, man. Replied.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:11 pm

I would think it would be tough to convince an owner to both dump Fields and trade from the top spot when all we’ve heard is that Caleb is generational. (I don’t agree but alas)

Because if you trade out of the top spot and your guy busts or Caleb turns out to be better you are basically going to be fired because if that .

Now if you stick at 1 and Caleb busts well at least you went with the consensus guy and you might survive.

In the end management and GM’s want to survive and have long careers. They don’t want to really risk it even though the value is there to do so
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:14 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:11 pm

I would think it would be tough to convince an owner to both dump Fields and trade from the top spot when all we’ve heard is that Caleb is generational. (I don’t agree but alas)

Because if you trade out of the top spot and your guy busts or Caleb turns out to be better you are basically going to be fired because if that .

Now if you stick at 1 and Caleb busts well at least you went with the consensus guy and you might survive.

In the end management and GM’s want to survive and have long careers. They don’t want to really risk it even though the value is there to do so
This. Exactly. Nobody is going to fire management/coaching if you draft Williams and he busts. He's the consensus. Stick with Fields and pass on CW and he blows up, Fields struggles or fails? You're done. Same scenario if you trade down to take Maye/Daniels and it doesn't work out. This resets the clock, get him in at a reasonable price, and slots him in with a MUCH improved OFF/DEF.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:52 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:14 pm
DJB wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:11 pm

This. Exactly. Nobody is going to fire management/coaching if you draft Williams and he busts. He's the consensus. Stick with Fields and pass on CW and he blows up, Fields struggles or fails? You're done. Same scenario if you trade down to take Maye/Daniels and it doesn't work out. This resets the clock, get him in at a reasonable price, and slots him in with a MUCH improved OFF/DEF.
I don't want to say that taking a QB with the first pick is a bad idea but that it just isn't the security blanket that you think it is; 5 of the last 7 head coaches that took a QB with the overall 1st pick lost their job that year.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates