Brandon Aiyuk: on the move...?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Brandon Aiyuk

Postby Vcize » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:33 pm I feel like I couldn't tell anyone Aiyuk was overpriced this offseason. Seriously, he was valued above guys like Evans, Cooper, Higgins, Claypool, Jeudy.
I didn't have a strong opinion of Aiyuk one way or the other, but I don't get why you think it was out of line for him to be values around or above guys like Higgins, Claypool, and Jeudy. They were all rookies who showed upside and performed about the same. If anything Aiyuk performed slightly better on a per game basis.

Obviously everyone has their opinion on who they like best from that bucket but there's no way it was out of line to include him in it or even for people to have him at the top of it. The tone of your post makes it sound like he was being valued above guys who were way out of his league like JJ or Metcalf.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Brandon Aiyuk

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:56 am

Vcize wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:05 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:33 pm I feel like I couldn't tell anyone Aiyuk was overpriced this offseason. Seriously, he was valued above guys like Evans, Cooper, Higgins, Claypool, Jeudy.
I didn't have a strong opinion of Aiyuk one way or the other, but I don't get why you think it was out of line for him to be values around or above guys like Higgins, Claypool, and Jeudy. They were all rookies who showed upside and performed about the same. If anything Aiyuk performed slightly better on a per game basis.

Obviously everyone has their opinion on who they like best from that bucket but there's no way it was out of line to include him in it or even for people to have him at the top of it. The tone of your post makes it sound like he was being valued above guys who were way out of his league like JJ or Metcalf.
Sorry about the tone, it's just the way I feel. I never said Aiyuk was in the same tier as JJ or DK. I'm just saying that I felt like he shouldn't have been ahead of a lot of those guys. Call it personal preference or maybe it's a carryover of my ranking of him as a rookie. Maybe it's also the fact that I've loved Deebo (aside from durability) and that offense is a run first team with a stud TE. Whatever it is, I just wasn't seeing the hype and didn't think he was worth it at that price

Now for clarity, I'm not saying Aiyuk is a WR4 either. It's just that there's a handful of guys that I felt like everyone else was valuing him over and I wasn't on board with that.

mild
Legend
Legend

Brandon Aiyuk: on the move...?

Postby mild » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:17 pm

Sup ballers, heard we needed another thread for this so let's do it

https://x.com/thewaynebreezie/status/17 ... 19491?s=20

BA wants out of SF and wants to go to Vegas? :think:

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Brandon Aiyuk: on the move...?

Postby DJB » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:24 pm

No chance. It’s posturing at most and he is under contract next year .

It’s a just a guy that is emotional after losing the biggest game of his career.

A nothing burger move on I say
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:36 pm

Lol wasn't surprised to see this

Idk if there is another Aiyuk thread, but if there isn't

He's a top 10 dynasty WR in SF. Not sure about Vegas. Not sure why or if that's the destination anyways...

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:38 pm

Wait, his brother wants him to go to the Raiders and catch passes from AOC?

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:55 pm

CGW wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:38 pm Wait, his brother wants him to go to the Raiders and catch passes from AOC?
You mean, Tom 2.0. Just further confirmation that AOC is the second coming...

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:44 pm

Idk, if anything is going to happen this year or not. They do have him on the 5th year option, but if it is clear that there is no way to get him on a long term deal then they could conceivably trade him. Personally, I think he stays.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:35 pm

Menace2010 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:55 pm
CGW wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:38 pm Wait, his brother wants him to go to the Raiders and catch passes from AOC?
You mean, Tom 2.0. Just further confirmation that AOC is the second coming...
Preach

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:43 am

His brother wants him to get paid the amount someone of his achievements should get paid in the NFL. SF doesn't appear to be willing to pay BA an amount commiserate with his production/ability. Therefore, BA will have to go elsewhere to get paid. Unfortunately, SF is going to drag this out and immorally restrict BA's earning potential just like Irsay tried to do with JT last year. .

Unless SF does the right thing and pays or trades BA, this is going to get uglier before it gets nicer. BA has no reason to accept less money and the injury risk of a one-year deal. IMO, he should not accept less money and all the injury risk of a one-year deal.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:55 am

Let's not have this devolve into the JT thread from circa 2023. Aiyuk wants to get paid. Aiyuk is under contract. We'll see how it plays out.

At least, unlike JT, WRs usually have much longer shelf-lives and he's likely to land a massive second contract either this offseason or next... which is never a guarantee for RBs.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:02 am

Menace2010 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:55 am Let's not have this devolve into the JT thread from circa 2023. Aiyuk wants to get paid. Aiyuk is under contract. We'll see how it plays out.

At least, unlike JT, WRs usually have much longer shelf-lives and he's likely to land a massive second contract either this offseason or next... which is never a guarantee for RBs.
Being under contract doesn't mean the player in this situation has to do everything the team asks. Just as the CBA allows the team to underpay a player and force a player to accept the risk of a one-year contract, the CBA also allows the player to make moves to protect the player's best interest. Just as the team can force a player into an unhappy bad business decision, the player can put the team in a situation where the team pays for a player who is not available for all games.

All the various possibilities were discussed in the Jackson and JT threads. No need to go through them all again. Either a fan understands and agrees with players making the best business decision for the player, or the fan does not agree.

I was simply stating the fact of the overall situation. The player is not powerless here, nor should he be.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:06 am

Dont know about the moral GM viewpoint, but the reality is that Aiyuk is under contract for 2024.

After that, I see the Franchise tag as a strong possibility in 2025, if they cant come to terms this offseason. Deebo would be 29 and in the last year of his deal as well.

Aiyuk can always hold out and try to force a trade, more power to him if he gets what he wants. I don't see SF letting him go while they are in this SB window though

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:16 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:43 am
His brother wants him to get paid the amount someone of his achievements should get paid in the NFL. SF doesn't appear to be willing to pay BA an amount commiserate with his production/ability. Therefore, BA will have to go elsewhere to get paid. Unfortunately, SF is going to drag this out and immorally restrict BA's earning potential just like Irsay tried to do with JT last year. .

Unless SF does the right thing and pays or trades BA, this is going to get uglier before it gets nicer. BA has no reason to accept less money and the injury risk of a one-year deal. IMO, he should not accept less money and all the injury risk of a one-year deal.
Just had to add that the bolded literally made me lol. Thanks for the unintended chuckle.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:47 pm

Anteaters wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:43 am

I was under the impression that the thing he was more miffed about was his brother only getting 3 catches in a Superbowl that they lost.

To which an overreaction "he needs to change teams" is kind of fair enough, coming a few days after such a gut-wrenching loss.