Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:53 am

I'm in five leagues just to mix it up, four dynasties, one redraft.
4/5 use Victory Points. One uses W/L for playoffs, then total potential points to sort draft picks.

Dynasty #3—standard 12-man, 1 ppr, 1 qb league. We start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d. Old school.
Dynasty #4—standard 12-man, 1 ppr, 1 qb league, big starting lineup—qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-flex-k-d. RBs are tough.
Superflex #1—orphan 2 years in, standard 12-man, 1 ppr. We start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-superflex-flex-k-d. Old school SF.
Superflex #2—orphan 1 year in, 12-man, 1 ppr, TEP. We start qb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-te-superflex-flex-flex. No K/D.
Ultimate Redraft—12-man, 2 QB, 1 ppr, huge lineup. We start qb-qb-rb-rb-rb-wr-wr-wr-wr-te-te-flex-k-d. You always get screwed.

So that keeps if fun and fresh for me. None are more than $75 and I have a lot of fun.
Last year I had bye weeks for 4/5 and then lost in all of those next games. LOL. Cruel game.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:26 pm

Does anybody here have their top ten list in 1 QB leagues yet? I know it's early, and things will change. Seems like a really strange year. I expect a few QBs in the first, maybe up to three. IDK if ANY RBs will go. Seems like a LOT of WRs and then Bowers. Thoughts?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:30 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:42 am
Menace2010 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:59 am Superflex. I'm waiting to finalize my board Yada, Yada, Yada, but who are folks taking if given a choice between Daniels and Nabers. I'd been set on 100% taking Maye if he falls to 1.04. And was set on Nabers as the obvious 1.04 if Maye was gone, but the Daniels hype is growing with some ranking him as the 1.03 over Maye so I'm already second guessing myself.

I get the dual-threat element, but Daniels worries me as a fifth-year senior with essentially one season where he put it all together.

How's everyone else feeling?
That's tough. The hype on Daniels is growing for sure. It would be between Nabers/Daniels there. I think if I was set at QB, I'd take Nabers. There is BPA and then there are times we draft for need when everything is pretty even, which is this situation IMO.
If Maye is there, I'm taking him without hesitation. If it's between Nabers and Daniels, I'll be weighing a number of variables. I could definitely use a QB more than a WR... which is honestly the only reason I'm considering Daniels. In a vacuum, Nabers to me is a much, much cleaner prospect.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:39 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:14 am
CGW wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:14 am

I’m struggling to see the fun there. It’s kind of like the pre-ppr days in FF where if you got 2 stud RBs you owned the league and if your RBs were mediocre your season was over before it even began.
I get not everyone likes SF leagues (or PPR, or TEP, or any other setting), but if you do play in SF leagues you kind of have to play the game of the league settings. Your injury point is true of any fantasy setting - if your studs get hurt you are generally out of luck.
Yeah, understood. Far be it from me to tell others how to run their league and enjoy FF, but I guess SF seems so slanted in favor of QB value - and SF draft discussions reinforce that - that it seems just too heavily geared to owning 2 top QBs in lieu of everything else. It just seems more fun to me if there were a few ways to build a roster that can compete for a league championship. But again, all that matters is that the people in the league enjoy it.
"... but I guess SF seems so slanted in favor of QB value..."

Keep going on that. You're close! It's almost like...

It mirrors the actual NFL. 8-)

We're all out here playing out our GM power fantasy. For some of us - the thrill of having to make a high-impact call on a QB prospect (the hardest position to evaluate in Sports?) vs. another skill position player - is more of a thrill.

I definitely prefer it to the leagues where QB's are largely replaceable and available on the wire, and don't really matter outside of the top few.

But far be it from me to tell others how to run their 1QB leagues, or explain why Superflex is the fastest growing format in Dynasty...

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:35 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:26 pm Does anybody here have their top ten list in 1 QB leagues yet? I know it's early, and things will change. Seems like a really strange year. I expect a few QBs in the first, maybe up to three. IDK if ANY RBs will go. Seems like a LOT of WRs and then Bowers. Thoughts?
The only QB who has a chance of going first round in 1QB is Caleb Williams. Outside of that, Maye and Daniels will be there in the 2nd round. Someone will take a RB in the 1st, just because of supply/demand.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:18 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:35 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:26 pm Does anybody here have their top ten list in 1 QB leagues yet? I know it's early, and things will change. Seems like a really strange year. I expect a few QBs in the first, maybe up to three. IDK if ANY RBs will go. Seems like a LOT of WRs and then Bowers. Thoughts?
The only QB who has a chance of going first round in 1QB is Caleb Williams. Outside of that, Maye and Daniels will be there in the 2nd round. Someone will take a RB in the 1st, just because of supply/demand.
That's what I figured. First round in 1 QB this year probably something like:

1 QB
2 RBS
8 WR
1 TE
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:28 pm

RBs will go in the 1st round, we just don’t know which ones. I say 4 RBs end up with round 1 ADP once all is said & done. There will be some juicy team landing spots. I like my process of not “evaluating” rookies until the NFL draft happens

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 pm

This is slight team advice esk but it’s still on topic of WRs vs QBs in SF debate/dialogue we have going.

I have 1.01, 1.03, 1.07, 1.10 and a couple late 2nds.

Am I crazy for thinking: MHjr at 1.01, then Nabers at 1.03, and taking whomever is left of Odunze, Bowers, Daniels, Maye at 1.07…

I have Stroud, ARich, Levis at QB and pretty bare at WR.

I feel like I “should” go QB early due to SF, but man, when I watch the tape from Nabers he’s damn close skill wise to MHjr. Even though I like the format, SF has my draft valuations in a spin cycle. My gut says go with the WRs but that also sounds crazy

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:58 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 pm This is slight team advice esk but it’s still on topic of WRs vs QBs in SF debate/dialogue we have going.

Am I crazy for thinking: MHjr at 1.01, then Nabers at 1.03, and taking whomever is left of Odunze, Bowers, Daniels, Maye at 1.07…

I feel like I “should” go QB early due to SF, but man, when I watch the tape from Nabers he’s damn close skill wise to MHjr. Even though I like the format, SF has my draft valuations in a spin cycle. My gut says go with the WRs but that also sounds crazy
Not crazy at all. I just saw somebody put Daniels as their QB1. Harrison for sure at 1.01. And unless you fall in love with Maye or Daniels sure, take Nabers at 1.03. People have him a very close 1B to Harrison's 1A. At 1.07 the QBs may all be gone. So if you're okay with that, then take Bowers/Odunze at 1.07. Those three WRs are above every other WR by a bit. 1.10—IDK, might be RB time there.

To me there is an elite top seven and then it drops off after

Harrison
Williams
Daniels
Nabers
Maye
Bowers
Odunze

So you are in a SWEET spot brother.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:40 am

Johnny Canuck wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 pm This is slight team advice esk but it’s still on topic of WRs vs QBs in SF debate/dialogue we have going.

I'm sort of with Wicker but not to the same degree. At the end of the day - I'm okay with potentially taking MHJR at 1.01 in SF. How strongly I feel is tied to league specifics. And it's also somewhat about Drake Maye in many cases.

Positional value matters in how to think about all of this. In my SF league I hold 1.01/1.05/1.10/etc. and am mulling the same questions. Our league is non-TEP, start 10 (QB/2WR/2RB/1TE/3FL/1SF). QB value is pushed down because at most they are 20% of the starters. Would be different in start eight w/ a SF. Bowers is not in the "elite" group both because of no TEP and TE is 10% of the starters (can punt the position if you want). This adjusts my board and my willingness to take MHJR at 1.01.

Barring trades I can sort of predict that the 1.05 is going to be the choice b/w Maye and Odunze in my league. So do I want MHJR/Maye or CW/Odunze? Right now I don't know - I want to see how Maye handles the pre-draft process and I want the results of the NFL Draft. I can say honestly that passing on MHJR will give me massive FOMO! Also there's probably no bad choices.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:15 am

tough call, Stroud looks like the real deal. I'm still "jury out" on ARich, but lean positive. Levis is all ??. but at the end of the day you do have 3 starting QBs for 2024. It's SF so if you take two of the three stud WRs and the QB2, that's a pretty solid draft for you. if you have 4 QB hits at the end of the season, you have some serious trade-bait. But the same can just about be said for taking all three WRs, if they're three hits, you could package one of them up with one of those QBs and land yourself a real stud at either position. 3rd option, explore the market for your 1.03 before your league draft
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:00 am

Regarding SF leagues, my main dynasty is a 2QB and I just won the championship with Purdy and Stroud as my top two QB’s. You absolutely do not need top 5 options(although I don’t believe either of them finished too far off) to win the league. It’s all about roster construction. I was trotting out four top-12 rbs every week so that typically made up for any points I was losing at the QB position. The guy I beat in the championship had Josh Allen.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:08 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:00 am Regarding SF leagues, my main dynasty is a 2QB and I just won the championship with Purdy and Stroud as my top two QB’s. You absolutely do not need top 5 options(although I don’t believe either of them finished too far off) to win the league. It’s all about roster construction. I was trotting out four top-12 rbs every week so that typically made up for any points I was losing at the QB position. The guy I beat in the championship had Josh Allen.
The humblest of humble brags.

"You don't need a top-5 option as long as you have the #6 and #12 options".

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:37 am

tstafford wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:08 am
JoeJoe88 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:00 am Regarding SF leagues, my main dynasty is a 2QB and I just won the championship with Purdy and Stroud as my top two QB’s. You absolutely do not need top 5 options(although I don’t believe either of them finished too far off) to win the league. It’s all about roster construction. I was trotting out four top-12 rbs every week so that typically made up for any points I was losing at the QB position. The guy I beat in the championship had Josh Allen.
The humblest of humble brags.

"You don't need a top-5 option as long as you have the #6 and #12 options".
Well, I think you’re going to have a tough time without at least one Top-12 option, yes. But some people think you need Mahomes or Hurts to win in these leagues, and that’s simply not true.

mikedigs
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mikedigs » Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:40 am

I fully agree here, and I've been recently thinking that Nabers could even end up being the better WR in the NFL. I don't think anyone would be that surprised, as we look back and see how good Nabers is coming out. Harrison has that name value, which is giving him the edge. But the tape reveals that it could go either way. In SF I have the 1.03 and it's Nabers for me, even with my QB 1 as Daniel Jones.

I think the combine is going to wake the entire community up to Nabers, which is why I think now is the buying window for the 1.02 in 1 QB, and 1.03 in SF, as some owners currently may not be aware of how good Nabers is. You get a top tier WR at a fraction of the cost of the 1.01 pick.
12 TM PPR / TEP / 1 QB / Start 8

QB: J Hurts
RB: K Williams, T Spears, C Brown
WR: T Higgins, D Smith, G Pickens, Z Flowers, J Reed
TE: McBride, E Engram, I Likely

2024: 1.02, 1.08, 4.07, 5.07, 6.07, 7.07