Picks for Howell—Offer Expires SOON!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Picks for Howell—Offer Expires SOON!

Postby Sriracha » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:39 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:32 am Personally I dont get all the hate. His offensive line was horrific. In November he had lead the league in passing yards and completions (and attempts and interceptions as well). It was basically his rookie year since he only had one start the previous year. He has a good arm and some running ability.

I am not saying the offer is not fairish, but would rather gamble on him than 3rd round picks.
He made his Oline look horrific. Despite the production it was mostly low calorie yards which showed up in his low PFF grades and low EPA even during his productive weeks.

The fact that the offense looked completely different whenever Jacoby Brissett was thrown in there is also a damning indictment on him.

I'd value him somewhere in the Gardner Minshew tier. A decent QB talent whose limitations will keep him from ever convincing teams he's going to be their answer.

WSH has the #2 overall pick and will almost assuredly take a QB there. I doubt a team is going to trade for him which means he's going to sit as a backup QB for the next few seasons.. maybe he gets some starts due to injury and you move him then but in the mean time he's going to be burning a roster spot and those 3rd round picks could strike lightning -- like Nakua, Dell or Wilson did this past year.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Picks for Howell—Offer Expires SOON!

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:46 pm

I pulled the trigger. He's young, and flashed, but I hope with this deep WR class I can find somebody in the 3.04-3.12 range to go with my 3.01 pick. WAS is going to take a QB and he's going to sit. I liked him, but I'm okay letting him go.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble