All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: All Things Bears

Postby AZK » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:08 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:28 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:04 am This thread is almost 80 pages long. It keeps getting bumped out of anonymity so many times, I'm starting to suspect Wicker is actually Turco, with the requisite multiple burners to help it along..... :surprised:

Maybe we should start an "all things" for every team?

:lol:
Now imagine the post count if wk had his Bears internet diarrhea corralled here from the beginning instead of being pummeled in other threads so badly about his relentless Bears posts that he finally started this thread in late August.

Pretty much the definition of “You can’t control him, you can only hope to contain him”. You can’t help but admire the boundless tenacity while questioning the sanity.
Turco, maybe.... Coogan sighting?????
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:06 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:48 am
Tvols wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:49 amOne day a rb qb will win but just not there yet.
That’s an interesting thought. I’m not sure that I agree unless the league makes significant rule changes that would disincentivize passing, which I believe is highly unlikely.

A QB’s primary job is to distribute the football to his playmakers. Then those guys can do the work of moving it downfield with their various skill sets while taking on the risks of being hit. QBs who run a lot are those who won’t or can’t stand in or readjust their platform to get the ball to their playmakers. Instead they bail out and take off. That’s not a desirable trait in the grand scheme of things - it puts them at risk despite that they are running into a D spread out to stop the pass, and the starting QB on a good team is usually the least replaceable guy on the team and has the greatest drop off in talent to their replacement.

QBs who run occasionally are great, they put a ton of pressure on Ds and can capitalize as the D drops into pass coverage. But they understand their value to the team and what happens when they get injured so they only run when it’s really profitable for them and would rather pass than run given the chance. The guys who simply abandon the throw relatively quickly and take off - the running QBs - often miss opportunities that they may have had had they waited longer as well as risking injury more.

While FFers love it for the FF points they can score, it’s just not good in a football sense in helping the team succeed over the course of a season and then into the playoffs as the wear and tear adds up.
I don’t disagree but there will be a running qb who can pass one day
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:27 am

Tvols wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:06 pm
Tvols wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:49 amOne day a rb qb will win but just not there yet.
That’s an interesting thought. I’m not sure that I agree unless the league makes significant rule changes that would disincentivize passing, which I believe is highly unlikely.

A QB’s primary job is to distribute the football to his playmakers. Then those guys can do the work of moving it downfield with their various skill sets while taking on the risks of being hit. QBs who run a lot are those who won’t or can’t stand in or readjust their platform to get the ball to their playmakers. Instead they bail out and take off. That’s not a desirable trait in the grand scheme of things - it puts them at risk despite that they are running into a D spread out to stop the pass, and the starting QB on a good team is usually the least replaceable guy on the team and has the greatest drop off in talent to their replacement.

QBs who run occasionally are great, they put a ton of pressure on Ds and can capitalize as the D drops into pass coverage. But they understand their value to the team and what happens when they get injured so they only run when it’s really profitable for them and would rather pass than run given the chance. The guys who simply abandon the throw relatively quickly and take off - the running QBs - often miss opportunities that they may have had had they waited longer as well as risking injury more.

While FFers love it for the FF points they can score, it’s just not good in a football sense in helping the team succeed over the course of a season and then into the playoffs as the wear and tear adds up.
If they could pass they wouldn’t resort to running. That was the point I was making. In any case, it’s a great topic for discussion and debate. Thanks for putting it on the table.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:15 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:27 am

If they could pass they wouldn’t resort to running. That was the point I was making. In any case, it’s a great topic for discussion and debate. Thanks for putting it on the table.
Russell Wilson? Steve Young? Both “running QBs” who have won a Super Bowl.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:39 am

Ruggenater wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:15 am

Young’s maximum average rushes per game was 5 in his year 2 with TB. I’m pretty comfortable with calling him a passer who could run rather than a running QB. Wilson hit a career max of 7 rpg. Not sure that threshold qualifies either but it’s closer. Jackson has hit 11 rpg multiple times. Fields has been just under 11 already. Hurts has hit the 11 rpg threshold already.

Allen has hit almost 8 rpg as a career max. I’m not quite sure he qualifies either given how many attempts he has near the goal line as opposed to being in the general course of a game, but IMO he might be at the tipping point though I’d call him a passer who can run rather than a running QB.

I’ll be interested to see how others view this.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:18 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:39 am

Young’s maximum average rushes per game was 5 in his year 2 with TB. I’m pretty comfortable with calling him a passer who could run rather than a running QB. Wilson hit a career max of 7 rpg. Not sure that threshold qualifies either but it’s closer. Jackson has hit 11 rpg multiple times. Fields has been just under 11 already. Hurts has hit the 11 rpg threshold already.

Allen has hit almost 8 rpg as a career max. I’m not quite sure he qualifies either given how many attempts he has near the goal line as opposed to being in the general course of a game, but IMO he might be at the tipping point though I’d call him a passer who can run rather than a running QB.

I agree, but I would probably look at ypg over rushes per game.

I think most teams would prefer a statue who is an Elite passer over the Running QB who can't read a defense. Both have flaws, but one is inherently worse. Some of the best QBs weren't good runners but had great awareness and pocket maneuverability (Brady, Big Ben)

I think the QBs who are mid passers and Elite runners can still offer a lot to a team though, as long as they don't go cold in the pass game. These are real dual threats, but the pass game still has to be there.

What you really want though is the Elite passer who can also buy time and run.

Strictly Running QBs
Fields, Vick, Cam

Great runner, mid passer
Lamar, Hurts, Russ, Kyler

Great passers who can also run/escape
Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Young

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:11 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:18 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:39 am

I agree, but I would probably look at ypg over rushes per game.

I think most teams would prefer a statue who is an Elite passer over the Running QB who can't read a defense. Both have flaws, but one is inherently worse. Some of the best QBs weren't good runners but had great awareness and pocket maneuverability (Brady, Big Ben)

I think the QBs who are mid passers and Elite runners can still offer a lot to a team though, as long as they don't go cold in the pass game. These are real dual threats, but the pass game still has to be there.

What you really want though is the Elite passer who can also buy time and run.

Strictly Running QBs
Fields, Vick, Cam

Great runner, mid passer
Lamar, Hurts, Russ, Kyler

Great passers who can also run/escape
Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Young
I would put Lamar more down with Cam and Vick. Fields is in a tier below those guys for sure.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:49 am

Looks like it might be a draft haul for the #1 pick and the Bears stick with Fields...

"Chicago putting first overall pick up for sale? Thu Feb 8, 01:33 PM

Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields could be staying put after all, as multiple teams have reportedly approached the Bears about trading up for the No. 1 overall selection in the 2024 NFL Draft. According to sources, Chicago appears to be 'leaning toward' moving the pick."
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:51 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:49 am Looks like it might be a draft haul for the #1 pick and the Bears stick with Fields...

Chicago Bears QB Justin Fields could be staying put after all, as multiple teams have reportedly approached the Bears about trading up for the No. 1 overall selection in the 2024 NFL Draft. According to sources, Chicago appears to be 'leaning toward' moving the pick."
0% of any news right now is dependable.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:59 am

CGW wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:51 am
Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:49 am Looks like it might be a draft haul for the #1 pick and the Bears stick with Fields...

your % might be a little high.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:14 pm

As a Packer fan, I approve this decision. Well done Bears

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:26 pm

To be fair, I wouldn't put the % at anywhere near 100. And obviously it's not a certainty. But if true that multiple teams are interested, something might just get done. Now, could whatever they get for the pick also lead to a non-Caleb QB brought into the building as a possible future starter? Sure.

There's been a lot of back-and-forth discussion in this thread about what the Bears should/will do. This seems to at least suggest they're considering other options besides standing pat and taking Williams at #1. Smoke can lead to fire.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:36 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:26 pm

To be fair, I wouldn't put the % at anywhere near 100. And obviously it's not a certainty. But if true that multiple teams are interested, something might just get done. Now, could whatever they get for the pick also lead to a non-Caleb QB brought into the building as a possible future starter? Sure.

There's been a lot of back-and-forth discussion in this thread about what the Bears should/will do. This seems to at least suggest they're considering other options besides standing pat and taking Williams at #1. Smoke can lead to fire.
For what it's worth Vegas still has the Bears as Fields' most likely team next year.

Would be a very Bears thing to do to not take the lay up in Caleb Williams here with their struggles to evaluate QBs.

Decisions like these are how it's possible to not have a 4,000 yard passer in 100 years of football.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:43 pm

JFC. It would have to be a crazy offer. Maybe they like Maye or Daniels better.

Could they trade down to #3, take Harrison, and get a haul? I just don't see Fields progressing to the next level. Do they trade down to #3 and take Maye/Daniels, and then Odunze at #9? Ugh. Do they like Zappe/MJones? Not better than Fields, certainly.

To move off of this pick it'd have to be a huge offer AND they'd have to really not like Williams, AND either really love Fields OR really love Maye/Daniels OR have some plan in place to get another QB, such as a veteran. IDK, I don't get this at all.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:48 pm

IF they stay with Fields they have to go all in and really support him. Here is what they have to do:

• Draft Harrison (at #3)
• Draft an elite LT (at #9)
• Draft elite DE to go with Sweat (with picks from trade, 2nd round or higher)
• Get a big upgrade at Center (3rd round)
• Get WR depth, OL depth, and DE depth with the rest of the draft
• Hit FA hard to fill in any gaps so our WR room and OL and DL are stout

If they don't do ALL OF THAT it's a huge mistake.

If our WRs are DJM, Harrison, Mooney, Boyd (FA), WR5 that's a big improvement.
RBs are fine. TEs are fine.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble