Nico Collins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Nico Collins

Postby tstafford » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:09 am

Ice wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:42 am Nico or Dell are not a poor man's anything with Stroud at QB.

QB's matter big time and Stroud is fearless at throwing players open with incredible accuracy. His arm talent is outstanding.

Dell is also way better than many thought except for the Texans and Stroud who really wanted him and asked the Texans to draft him. Both WR's were 3rd round picks. I believe the Texans moved up for both players in the draft.

Hard to say which one will be better long term as both were 3rd round picks. Dell is much more twitchy but Collins is a bigger target. Very complimentary skill sets. I would rank Dell slightly ahead who has savant like route running skill but it it's really close.
I generally agree with this. My POV is I want either/both of them and primarily whichever one is cheaper. That's definitely how I'll approach redraft barring HOU bringing in another WR via FA.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:40 pm

tstafford wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:09 am
Ice wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:42 am Nico or Dell are not a poor man's anything with Stroud at QB.

QB's matter big time and Stroud is fearless at throwing players open with incredible accuracy. His arm talent is outstanding.

Dell is also way better than many thought except for the Texans and Stroud who really wanted him and asked the Texans to draft him. Both WR's were 3rd round picks. I believe the Texans moved up for both players in the draft.

Hard to say which one will be better long term as both were 3rd round picks. Dell is much more twitchy but Collins is a bigger target. Very complimentary skill sets. I would rank Dell slightly ahead who has savant like route running skill but it it's really close.
I generally agree with this. My POV is I want either/both of them and primarily whichever one is cheaper. That's definitely how I'll approach redraft barring HOU bringing in another WR via FA.
#theCheaperOne. They are both electric and getting one or both seem like a good off season plan.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:06 pm

I bought Nico before the draft for two late 3rds because you A). Can't do worse than Mills as a QB B). some of his advanced metrics were saying he got open, alot, it's just that his QB was so inaccurate that he didn't get too many chances to haul passes in and C). They were guaranteed to get a QB upgrade via the draft.

I would take Nico over Dell any day of the week, I know injuries are hard to predict but really are they when we're talking a 165lb WR? That was one of the red flags for Dell during the draft process and he ended up getting hurt for essentially half of the year. I don't know why more aren't talking about Dell's longevity.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:47 pm

PigeonBoys wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:06 pm I bought Nico before the draft for two late 3rds because you A). Can't do worse than Mills as a QB B). some of his advanced metrics were saying he got open, alot, it's just that his QB was so inaccurate that he didn't get too many chances to haul passes in and C). They were guaranteed to get a QB upgrade via the draft.

I would take Nico over Dell any day of the week, I know injuries are hard to predict but really are they when we're talking a 165lb WR? That was one of the red flags for Dell during the draft process and he ended up getting hurt for essentially half of the year. I don't know why more aren't talking about Dell's longevity.
People used the same size/longevity argument to bump Devonta Smith down draft boards when he was coming out. Three years in and he has only ever missed one game. I don’t buy into this narrative for WR in the modern NFL.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:08 pm

I am honestly not sure how anybody doesn’t have Nico ahead of Dell at this point.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:17 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:47 pm
PigeonBoys wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:06 pm I bought Nico before the draft for two late 3rds because you A). Can't do worse than Mills as a QB B). some of his advanced metrics were saying he got open, alot, it's just that his QB was so inaccurate that he didn't get too many chances to haul passes in and C). They were guaranteed to get a QB upgrade via the draft.

People used the same size/longevity argument to bump Devonta Smith down draft boards when he was coming out. Three years in and he has only ever missed one game. I don’t buy into this narrative for WR in the modern NFL.
Personally I think the difference is Smith is an outside WR whereas Dell is a slot WR. You take way more hits over the middle as a slot vs an outside WR. Dell runs about 64% of his snaps from the slot whereas Smith runs about 30% for his career, it was a little over 10% until this year where Smith played way more out of the slot.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:47 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:08 pm I am honestly not sure how anybody doesn’t have Nico ahead of Dell at this point.
This own sites rankings have Dell above Nico WR24 v WR25, and I’ve seen mostly Dell above Nico on other rankings too. I personally have Dell higher bc i view his upside being higher, but I don’t fault anyone for flipping them the other way

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:54 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:47 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:08 pm I am honestly not sure how anybody doesn’t have Nico ahead of Dell at this point.
This own sites rankings have Dell above Nico WR24 v WR25, and I’ve seen mostly Dell above Nico on other rankings too. I personally have Dell higher bc i view his upside being higher, but I don’t fault anyone for flipping them the other way
I view them in roughly the same range, but I’m genuinely curious: why does Dell have higher upside?

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:02 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:54 pm
I view them in roughly the same range, but I’m genuinely curious: why does Dell have higher upside?
To me it’s just because of how well he produced his rookie year, I get he’s an old rookie, but the nfl game is harder than college and he adjusted really well out the gate, Nico took a while

I should also clarify I don’t have him miles above Nico. But I have Dell and wouldn’t trade him for Nico. I’m sure there’s plenty of Nico owners that feel the same and wouldn’t flip for Dell though

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:22 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:02 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:54 pm

To me it’s just because of how well he produced his rookie year, I get he’s an old rookie, but the nfl game is harder than college and he adjusted really well out the gate, Nico took a while

I should also clarify I don’t have him miles above Nico. But I have Dell and wouldn’t trade him for Nico. I’m sure there’s plenty of Nico owners that feel the same and wouldn’t flip for Dell though
Thanks for clarifying.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:24 pm

Dell is a route running savant. That is why they are close. I am a huge fan of Nico but I can see the intrigue in the how offenses operate in today's NFL. I see this as a coin flip. I tend to lean into route running long term personally but the winner in this debate is the Texans and Stroud.

We should be happy either way from my perspective on the fantasy front.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts