General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2024 Free Agency

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:40 am

CGW wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:19 am
yinzername wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:07 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:34 am I think Evans is gone. He's done everything in Tampa and his jersey will be retired there one day. I could see him going to a contender for another shot at a ring in his last years.
KC? Buffalo?
Chicago!?
Wow! That move might have them finishing better than 6th in the Big 10.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:50 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:49 am Cousins of course is the big name at QB that appears likely to move on for his last payday.
I think the Vikings want a rookie QB. There was a report that they tried to trade up to #1 with the Bears last year to get Anthony Richardson. I believe it. I think they'll get a rookie in this years draft. Maybe they bring back Cousins for a year or two, but I feel like Cousins will take monster money from someone else.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:45 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:40 am
yinzername wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:07 am

KC? Buffalo?
Chicago!?
I actually think Evans to Chicago is one of the more likely outcomes if he doesn't stay in Tampa which is the most likely outcome for him. Chicago has a lot of cash to spend, have struggled in the red zone which Evans would help with a ton, and Evans would drastically help Fields or whichever rookie Chicago is rolling with. It just makes sense for them to bring in the best vet WR to help a young QB. Evans would help a young QB more than any of the rookie WRs and then Chicago wouldn't be practically forced into taking a WR with one of their early 1st round picks.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:04 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:50 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:49 am Cousins of course is the big name at QB that appears likely to move on for his last payday.
I think the Vikings want a rookie QB. There was a report that they tried to trade up to #1 with the Bears last year to get Anthony Richardson. I believe it. I think they'll get a rookie in this years draft. Maybe they bring back Cousins for a year or two, but I feel like Cousins will take monster money from someone else.
i said this already a few comments back, but Kirk basically said money is not the motivator for him. I think he wants to stay in Minny, but also from that QB show on Netflix, he made it pretty clear that he's real thirsty for a Lombardi. I guess if he did move on, he'd be more swayed by opportunity than cash
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:30 am

At least we will know pre free agency whether Cousins returns to the Vikings or not. Once free agency opens, his contract voids and they have a big dead cap hit. No way they take that cap hit plus whatever a new contract cap hit is.

If he stays, I’d expect a deal before free agency to push the cap hit around.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:13 pm

CubfanAA wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:45 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:40 am

Chicago!?
I actually think Evans to Chicago is one of the more likely outcomes if he doesn't stay in Tampa which is the most likely outcome for him. Chicago has a lot of cash to spend, have struggled in the red zone which Evans would help with a ton, and Evans would drastically help Fields or whichever rookie Chicago is rolling with. It just makes sense for them to bring in the best vet WR to help a young QB. Evans would help a young QB more than any of the rookie WRs and then Chicago wouldn't be practically forced into taking a WR with one of their early 1st round picks.
I've heard rumblings about Evans too. As well as Boyd.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:28 pm

How many WR1 does Fields need to be good?

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:45 pm

yinzername wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:04 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:50 am
i said this already a few comments back, but Kirk basically said money is not the motivator for him. I think he wants to stay in Minny, but also from that QB show on Netflix, he made it pretty clear that he's real thirsty for a Lombardi. I guess if he did move on, he'd be more swayed by opportunity than cash
May have missed it, but do the Bears try to make a move for him? They have the space.

On one hand, he’s aging and coming off a serious injury.

On the other hand, major upgrade over Fields and it gives them room to make a lot of moves by trading fields and the 1 pick.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:59 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:28 pm How many WR1 does Fields need to be good?
1.5 but really, I don't care because he's gone. We did him dirty, and I wish him the best of luck. It's only partially his fault.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:05 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:59 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:28 pm How many WR1 does Fields need to be good?
1.5 but really, I don't care because he's gone. We did him dirty, and I wish him the best of luck. It's only partially his fault.
I think the answer is 3. Olave, Wilson, JSN.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:21 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:05 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:59 pm
I think the answer is 3. Olave, Wilson, JSN.
LOL. Maybe you're right.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:45 am

trc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:32 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:36 pm Where do we think Baker ends up, with Canales now in Carolina?
And then let Young sit for a year or two?
With the heavy investment they made in Young, I would be very surprised if this happened.
Not sure I follow. I said I wanted Baker in ATL. The Rams former OC is now there, so he has some history with Baker.

Canales was the OC for TB, and left to be the HC in Carolina, and Baker stated the OC matters, where he is going next. Canales leaving TB made it a lot less certain he'd return to TB.

I never mentioned Baker going to Carolina. I agree that isn't likely at all.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:45 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:36 pm Where do we think Baker ends up, with Canales now in Carolina?
With the heavy investment they made in Young, I would be very surprised if this happened.
No worries, I read it like 2 questions.
Not sure I follow. I said I wanted Baker in ATL. The Rams former OC is now there, so he has some history with Baker.

Canales was the OC for TB, and left to be the HC in Carolina, and Baker stated the OC matters, where he is going next. Canales leaving TB made it a lot less certain he'd return to TB.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:35 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:45 am

Baker’s OC in LA was hired as the OC in TB. Coen was LA’s OC in ‘22 when Mayfield was there. He left for UK last year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:49 pm

Tee Higgins getting tagged by the Bengals.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.