Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Somewhat early 2024 Draft thread

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:55 am

Payton34 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:29 am
yinzername wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:02 am confident at this time in BTJ and Franklin

next chunk of names I'm watching; McConckey, Worthy, Mitchell, Polk, Walker and Corley

not convinced yet; Coleman and Legette

interested to know more; Burton, Wilson, Rice, McMillen, McCaffrey
Heard a quote regarding Johnny Wilson... Something to the affect of, "A team will draft him and any OC out there will look at him and go, 'I am SURE we can figure out a way to use this guy!'...".

Guess you don't see too many 6' 7" 238 lbs WRs out there...

Now, as an FSU fan, he is one of those anomalies where it seems the worst place you can throw the ball when targeting him is right in his hands... He has the dropsies from time to time. Hopefully that will go away.
I've seen some speculation that he should convert to TE and aim for a Waller type of timeline, but like you said, his hands aren't there.

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:28 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:55 am
Payton34 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:29 am
yinzername wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:02 am confident at this time in BTJ and Franklin

next chunk of names I'm watching; McConckey, Worthy, Mitchell, Polk, Walker and Corley

not convinced yet; Coleman and Legette

interested to know more; Burton, Wilson, Rice, McMillen, McCaffrey
Heard a quote regarding Johnny Wilson... Something to the affect of, "A team will draft him and any OC out there will look at him and go, 'I am SURE we can figure out a way to use this guy!'...".

Guess you don't see too many 6' 7" 238 lbs WRs out there...

Now, as an FSU fan, he is one of those anomalies where it seems the worst place you can throw the ball when targeting him is right in his hands... He has the dropsies from time to time. Hopefully that will go away.
I've seen some speculation that he should convert to TE and aim for a Waller type of timeline, but like you said, his hands aren't there.
As an FSU fan, I agree with all of this. You can't teach hands. Wilson has all the physical attributes in the world, but every time they threw in his direction I held my breath. I much prefer Coleman, he is an exciting player and looked the part on the field as a potential alpha routinely pulling in tough contested catches. Wish he had a better analytic profile...

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:57 am

Guys getting pumped up at the senior bowl:

Ladd McConkey*
Javon Baker
Malachi Corley*
Xavier Legette
Roman Wilson*
Jha'Quan Jackson

*Brugler's top 3
Last edited by Orenthal Shames on Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:17 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:57 am Guys getting pumped up at the senior bowl:

Ladd McKonkey*
Javon Baker
Malachi Corley*
Xavier Legette
Roman Wilson*
Jha'Quan Jackson

*Brugler's top 3
Outside of the Top 3, I think you can make a legitimate argument that McConkey has the best game tape of the remaining WRs.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:18 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:17 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:57 am Guys getting pumped up at the senior bowl:

Ladd McKonkey*
Javon Baker
Malachi Corley*
Xavier Legette
Roman Wilson*
Jha'Quan Jackson

*Brugler's top 3
Outside of the Top 3, I think you can make a legitimate argument that McConkey has the best game tape of the remaining WRs.
He claims he has modeled his game on Cooper Kupp.

You can somewhat see it. He's a route technician with excellent body and head fakes.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:21 pm

mild wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:18 pm

Ladd McKonkey*
Javon Baker
Malachi Corley*
Xavier Legette
Roman Wilson*
Jha'Quan Jackson

*Brugler's top 3

You can somewhat see it. He's a route technician with excellent body and head fakes.
So Jerry Jeudy? :lol:

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:02 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:11 am
tstafford wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:11 am
For the most part I agree the players but might shuffle the order a bit. One stands out to me - I think for a while you're been pretty high on Tez Walker. What are you seeing there? Is that an upside play (boom/bust)? Seems like a player that an NFL team could lock in on and take early or maybe he falls to the mid to late 2nd. I can't quite tell.
Walker is raw in some aspects. Right now, he's mostly a zone beater and third-level threat. He's a long strider, who's dangerous on 9's and post routes. He's a touchdown magnet. He definitely has some work to do to become a more complete WR, but I like where he's starting from. When he stepped onto the field, he immediately popped in their gameplan.

It'll be interesting to see how him, Coleman and Thomas are graded. There's some similarities between those 3. Right now, it seems Thomas has more love. From what I've seen, the space between each of them is very close.
Great stuff. More and more I am feeling there's a top-3 at WR and then a pack of guys who are hard to separate. I wonder how many QJ's we might have.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:22 pm

tstafford wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:02 pm
tstafford wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:11 am
For the most part I agree the players but might shuffle the order a bit. One stands out to me - I think for a while you're been pretty high on Tez Walker. What are you seeing there? Is that an upside play (boom/bust)? Seems like a player that an NFL team could lock in on and take early or maybe he falls to the mid to late 2nd. I can't quite tell.
Walker is raw in some aspects. Right now, he's mostly a zone beater and third-level threat. He's a long strider, who's dangerous on 9's and post routes. He's a touchdown magnet. He definitely has some work to do to become a more complete WR, but I like where he's starting from. When he stepped onto the field, he immediately popped in their gameplan.

It'll be interesting to see how him, Coleman and Thomas are graded. There's some similarities between those 3. Right now, it seems Thomas has more love. From what I've seen, the space between each of them is very close.
Great stuff. More and more I am feeling there's a top-3 at WR and then a pack of guys who are hard to separate. I wonder how many QJ's we might have.
I'm seeing more and more red flags on Legette. Look where he is on this chart. Bottom left. OOF. With Mingo, Reager and...Coleman. I hear alarm bells going off.

https://twitter.com/fball_insights/stat ... 7487522287

This chart is really interesting ^^^

A lot of people are in on Thomas but I heard the word "raw" in quite a few places. And I see people split on Coleman.

I like Adanoi, McConkey is getting a lot of love
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:25 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:22 pm
tstafford wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:02 pm

I'm seeing more and more red flags on Legette. Look where he is on this chart. Bottom left. OOF. With Mingo, Reager and...Coleman. I hear alarm bells going off.

A lot of people are in on Thomas but I heard the word "raw" in quite a few places. And I see people split on Coleman.

I like Adanoi, McConkey is getting a lot of love.

LOOK AT WHERE Nacua is on this chart. Out there FAR with elite company—Chase, Waddle, Smith, Lamb, Metcalf. Just something to keep in mind.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:11 am

Ladd McKonkey*
Javon Baker
Malachi Corley*
Xavier Legette
Roman Wilson*
Jha'Quan Jackson

*Brugler's top 3

yeah minus 2 inches and 30 pounds. I've been buying the hype all week then i heard Harmon say "Renfrow 2.0" yesterday. I'm not saying I'm out but I'm pumping the breaks. I was mocking him in the early 2nd, bumping him back down to the 3rd
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:22 am

yinzername wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:11 am

yeah minus 2 inches and 30 pounds. I've been buying the hype all week then i heard Harmon say "Renfrow 2.0" yesterday. I'm not saying I'm out but I'm pumping the breaks. I was mocking him in the early 2nd, bumping him back down to the 3rd
It's right to have skepticism on McConkey. He's never been a high volume guy and I'm not sure that changes in the NFL. But, his tape is really good and some of the success rate statistics coming out on him are exactly what you want to see.

You could rattle off a bunch of Renfrow dopplegangers: Amendola, Humphries, Berrios, but there's a scenario where McConkey's draft pedigree surprises people.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:26 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:25 pm
LOOK AT WHERE Nacua is on this chart. Out there FAR with elite company—Chase, Waddle, Smith, Lamb, Metcalf. Just something to keep in mind.
I remember at the time that those who were in on Nacua early were because of his YPRR and his success rates vs. zone.

At the same time, I think the worst mistake anyone can make right now is chasing an idea of "the next Nacua". So it's amusing seeing Twitter scouts pointing to college stats that favored Nacua a year ago and using it to hype up someone else as next in line.

The guy is an anomaly. There is no consistent process to finding the next anomaly. It just happens.

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Finfansteve » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:38 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:26 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:25 pm
I remember at the time that those who were in on Nacua early were because of his YPRR and his success rates vs. zone.

At the same time, I think the worst mistake anyone can make right now is chasing an idea of "the next Nacua". So it's amusing seeing Twitter scouts pointing to college stats that favored Nacua a year ago and using it to hype up someone else as next in line.

The guy is an anomaly. There is no consistent process to finding the next anomaly. It just happens.
160 targets in a 17 game season doesn’t hurt his numbers at all either
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:52 am

Be careful with that. It’s my understanding that NFL teams place a much higher emphasis on how successful or not players are against man coverage. That makes sense to me because a lot of success against zones is identifying the coverage and then sitting down in a hole instead of running through.

Man coverage involves beating physical contact and using route running skills that create separation. Those are skills that are extremely important in evaluation on moving to the next level where DBs are so much stronger, have superior anticipation and have such great recovery speed.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:01 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:52 am

Be careful with that. It’s my understanding that NFL teams place a much higher emphasis on how successful or not players are against man coverage. That makes sense to me because a lot of success against zones is identifying the coverage and then sitting down in a hole instead of running through.

Man coverage involves beating physical contact and using route running skills that create separation. Those are skills that are extremely important in evaluation on moving to the next level where DBs are so much stronger, have superior anticipation and have such great recovery speed.
Do we have a man coverage graph? That would be awesome
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff