Just me or did Jamo just prove all the haters he can ballout?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Just me or did Jamo just prove all the haters he can ballout?

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:07 pm

I don't own Jamo anywhere, but I would be pleased with his performance if I were an owner. He'll never win as a technician in the NFL, but he showed what he's able to do on a small touch count.

I'd be an opportunistic buyer for a seller looking to cash out.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:49 pm

What's the value here? If I can move him for Allgeier and the 2.04 is that enough? (I have Bijan.) I'm sure I'll be lucky if I can get that. I probably need to ADD to that. Are there believers in here aside from the original poster?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:24 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:49 pm What's the value here? If I can move him for Allgeier and the 2.04 is that enough? (I have Bijan.) I'm sure I'll be lucky if I can get that. I probably need to ADD to that. Are there believers in here aside from the original poster?
I'd take that. I don't see it, for FF. He's one of those guys that is just more for a real life NFL offense than our little game. Get your handcuff and a pick, and reset. Tyler has shown he can play in the NFL and be productive more than Jamo has. For another 2 years, he's worth rostering for a Bijan owner. You can always try and flip that 2nd and something else come draft time at the height of rookie fever for a future first.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:44 am

I am happy to own him in best ball dynasty.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:57 am

Probably a backend 2nd rd pick is the best you can get for him now. Questionable in fantasy football if he is worth even that given his limited touches.

Real football he is filling his role for the Lions of a game breaker big play guy that defenses have to respect & account for So in that respect he has shown up.

BALLOUT ??? wouldn't go that far

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:10 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 am Not at all. He showed he has spotty hands and a inability to track deep balls, that will prevent him from ever being a FF difference maker.

He took and end round with fantastic blocking, and made the most of it, no doubt. He caught a 4th down, late game, almost meaningless TD.

He almost dropped an easy catch that could have been picked, but he muscled it away again, but he should have just caught it.

He whiffed on a very catchable deep ball that just happens way too often. He got some DHB to his deep ball game. He does not track the ball well, on deep balls, and that's a big problem, because that's the best part of his game by far. He's not a guy who has a great route tree.

He's never going to be a true difference maker IMO, his deep ball tracking skills aren't there. It's not just this game, the track record is abysmal.

This is the trade window. He has Gibbs,Monty, Laporta and some guy named Amon-Ra St-Brown ahead of him.

He's just not there, upstairs. He's not going to be the guy you drafted him to be. If anyone thinks he's that guy after this game....SELL. SELL, SELL, SELL!
This 100%
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:18 am

DJB wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:10 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 am Not at all. He showed he has spotty hands and a inability to track deep balls, that will prevent him from ever being a FF difference maker.

He took and end round with fantastic blocking, and made the most of it, no doubt. He caught a 4th down, late game, almost meaningless TD.

He almost dropped an easy catch that could have been picked, but he muscled it away again, but he should have just caught it.

He whiffed on a very catchable deep ball that just happens way too often. He got some DHB to his deep ball game. He does not track the ball well, on deep balls, and that's a big problem, because that's the best part of his game by far. He's not a guy who has a great route tree.

He's never going to be a true difference maker IMO, his deep ball tracking skills aren't there. It's not just this game, the track record is abysmal.

This is the trade window. He has Gibbs,Monty, Laporta and some guy named Amon-Ra St-Brown ahead of him.

He's just not there, upstairs. He's not going to be the guy you drafted him to be. If anyone thinks he's that guy after this game....SELL. SELL, SELL, SELL!
This 100%
Yeah, there are some great points in that post. He’s a big splash guy who doesn’t have near enough game to be anywhere near consistent. Williams owners need to search out other owners like the OP and get every drop of value they can while this past game is still fresh in their minds.

And for the purposes of complete transparency, I’ll repeat again that I misread Williams completely. I thought there was enough alpha WR in him prior to the draft that he would justify being one of the top 2 WRs on the board. There’s just not near enough transfer in his skills.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:54 pm

To me he will always be more valuable in the NFL than in fantasy. He’s a field stretcher that they have to dedicate coverage to, opening up things for the other major players. Maybe every other game he’ll get a bomb - forcing defenses to respect him again - but he’s not going to be an alpha.

Valuable NFL role… but very limited in fantasy.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:30 pm

Shcritters wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:54 pm To me he will always be more valuable in the NFL than in fantasy. He’s a field stretcher that they have to dedicate coverage to, opening up things for the other major players. Maybe every other game he’ll get a bomb - forcing defenses to respect him again - but he’s not going to be an alpha.

Valuable NFL role… but very limited in fantasy.
Jamo's got the physical talent.. I'm just very pessimistic he's got what's required above the shoulders to be a reliable NFL WR.

This draft class has a lot of talent that will fall to the 2nd round of your rookie drafts. If you can get even a late 2nd to re-roll I'd jump on that chance while you still have it before the depth of this WR class becomes more concrete through the pre-draft process.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:38 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:10 am

This 100%
Agree.

Definitely has a Darrius Heyward-Bey vibe for those that can remember. He might be a bit better but he needs 20 hours a week on a Jugs machine and that probably isn't enough.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:48 pm

If the topic of this post was did Romeo Doubs prove he can ballout, then the answer would be yes, Romeo is a quality WR. Per KTC, he has increased his ranking from WR#44 to WR#34, backend WR3 territory.

Jameson had increased his ranking by December to WR#38, I do not see the championship game will be increasing his ranking any further nor do I see Jameson gaining any momentum going into next season.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:42 am

Jamo is in this danger zone a WRs for me. Start him and he gets you 5-6 points, bench and he gets 20. Takes consistent solid floors to move him out of this category and I don’t see it happening with all the mouths to feed right now.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5